Honey 13.2 Release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Honey 13.2 Release

Post by MikeB »

Details, Android App, Windows Exe's and source can be found here.
https://github.com/MichaelB7/Stockfish/ ... ag/13.2.01
Jim Logan

Re: Honey 13.2 Release

Post by Jim Logan »

Thanks for this release. Using the Windows BMI2 version, under Chessbase 16, I note that the multiPV option is a bit buggy. I can request to show me more variations, but it works in a strange manner. I can press the "+" to add lines, but it doesn't. Continued pressing may work, but may not. It is hard to explain. However, using Honey 13.1, there are no such issues. Perhaps you can take a look into this.
mehmet123
Full name: Mehmet Karaman

Post by mehmet123 »

MikeB wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:43 am Details, Android App, Windows Exe's and source can be found here.
https://github.com/MichaelB7/Stockfish/ ... ag/13.2.01
Thanks for your efforts. I got much better results than I expected with the Honey chess engine.
http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... &start=190
jr66
Full name: Jacques Ress

Post by jr66 »

Jim Logan wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:40 pm Thanks for this release. Using the Windows BMI2 version, under Chessbase 16, I note that the multiPV option is a bit buggy. I can request to show me more variations, but it works in a strange manner. I can press the "+" to add lines, but it doesn't. Continued pressing may work, but may not. It is hard to explain. However, using Honey 13.1, there are no such issues. Perhaps you can take a look into this.
Set the tactical parameters to 0 and you will have a "normal" multi PV engine ???
IM ICCF player
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Jim Logan wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:40 pm Thanks for this release. Using the Windows BMI2 version, under Chessbase 16, I note that the multiPV option is a bit buggy. I can request to show me more variations, but it works in a strange manner. I can press the "+" to add lines, but it doesn't. Continued pressing may work, but may not. It is hard to explain. However, using Honey 13.1, there are no such issues. Perhaps you can take a look into this.
Make sure you have the updated verson (link on top) and make sure minimal_output is set to false.

Let me know, will be out of pocket for next 8 hours.

Also FYI, if using search_depth and variety, make sure tactical_depth is set equal to or is higher than search_depth. or variety wil go way down. Wit correct settings, and against a non variety fixed depth engine, using varierty, you should never get more than 10 to 15 duplicates with every 10,000 games, often less with higher search depths.
Jim Logan

Post by Jim Logan »

jr66 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:01 pm Set the tactical parameters to 0 and you will have a "normal" multi PV engine ???
When I set the "Tactical" parameter to zero (default value was 3), that fixes it. "Tactical Depth" could remain at the default setting of 5 (with Search Depth at 0). This is using the updated file. Setting Minimal Output to false had no effect.
jr66

Post by jr66 »

Jim Logan wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:42 pm
jr66 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:01 pm Set the tactical parameters to 0 and you will have a "normal" multi PV engine ???
When I set the "Tactical" parameter to zero (default value was 3), that fixes it. "Tactical Depth" could remain at the default setting of 5 (with Search Depth at 0). This is using the updated file. Setting Minimal Output to false had no effect.
I put tactical depth to 0 too and i can have all the variations i want but i am not sure what is MikeB wanted to produce ???
IM ICCF player
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

jr66 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:51 pm
Jim Logan wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:42 pm
I put tactical depth to 0 too and i can have all the variations i want but i am not sure what is MikeB wanted to produce ???
Tactical and multipv both use multipv code. Using tactical, 0 through 8, sets mulitpv to 1 , 2, 4 ,8, 16 ,32,64 128,256. The only difference is tactical, gives best line only. I need to add code that if using mulltipv, tactical is set to 0. The change from previous versions is that tactical is set to be on now as the default - but only to search depth 5. Will fix tonight , it will be late. This is all new code as a result of redoing variety
jr66

Post by jr66 »

Many thanks for the explanations.
Regards
Jacques
IM ICCF player