Will Rybka be the king of both variants ?

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pichy

Will Rybka be the king of both variants ?

Post by pichy »

How many of you think that Rybka will be able to play chess960 or FRC stronger than Shredder or Hiarcs or Spike With Multiprocessors?

http://66.218.71.231/language/translati ... %26kat%3d6
Spock

Re: Will Rybka be the king of both variants ?

Post by Spock »

I would say the probability is very high :)
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

I agree with Ray. If you look at a lot of engine games with Rybka, it seems that it is superior to all engines in placing its pieces. So I would expect it to outplay anything out there and I would not be surprised if the difference is huge. But I think some changes have to be made in some of its evaluations for it to play this type of chess well ... even though I think off the shelf Rybka will still be very very competitive.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

M ANSARI wrote:I agree with Ray. If you look at a lot of engine games with Rybka, it seems that it is superior to all engines in placing its pieces. So I would expect it to outplay anything out there and I would not be surprised if the difference is huge. But I think some changes have to be made in some of its evaluations for it to play this type of chess well ... even though I think off the shelf Rybka will still be very very competitive.
I think that no changes except supporting the rules are needed for rybka in order to be number 1 in FRC.

changes can help to increase the difference from the second place but the value of specific FRC knowledge is overestimated.

Uri