RomiChess Gauntlet

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Which Engine is the most Interesting Opponent for Romi?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:07 am

Kiwi
8%
Hamsters
23%
Homer
31%
Nanoszachy
No votes
Crafty
23%
Xpdnt
No votes
Muse
8%
Danasah
No votes
Last place Engine in Division 2A
No votes
Other
8%

Total votes: 13

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: RomiChess Gauntlet

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

swami wrote:
Thanks for running this gauntlet for RomiChess. Looks like Hamstars did not need Kiwi's help to get revenge! :(
Unfortunately yes but this version seems to be almost equal to Hamsters,I suggest you use Romichess NG4 instead I don't know if it is any stronger but it seems to be stronger based on 30 something games.
I hope Tony is running his gauntlet for RomiChess, because that may give some more info. Tony uses Dr. Wael Deeb's book which adds a few percentage points (usually about 8) to Romi's scores. If Tony does run the gauntlet and Romi gains on average 8 pecentage points more, then this version should be an improvement. I'll just have to wait and see.
Yes.Tony can tell you something about it as he usually runs a test on Romichess, From next edition I might start creating Engine with their books tournament as Ron Murawski gave examples on why to use Engine with own books.
Aha,welcome to the own opening books club pal :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
swami

Re: RomiChess Gauntlet

Post by swami »

Aha,welcome to the own opening books club pal :D
Cool and Thanks,Pal :)