What computer or player has the highest FRC rating on I.C.C.

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pichy

What computer or player has the highest FRC rating on I.C.C.

Post by pichy »

utzinger

Re: What computer or player has the highest FRC rating on I.

Post by utzinger »

Hi Jorge
It seems as if Chess960 is of not much
interest in this forum
Best regards
Kurt
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

I told him several times,but he wouldn't listen....
He continue to pump up post after post about this variation,but no one realy cares 8-)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I told him several times,but he wouldn't listen....
He continue to pump up post after post about this variation,but no one realy cares 8-)
I think it is interesting, had not read the link yet. The reincarnation of Tigran Petrosyan!

About normal chess, maybe somebody should start a poll;

A) Vasik Rajlich thinks that any rating for chess programs starting with a 3 is not the end. Is it true?
B) Against a really good opening book if it is used in determining a rating, it should be almost impossible to win. So, Fritz 5.32 with a super opening book can't be beaten anymore by Rybka 3 say in the SSDF rating list. Does Rybka still get a rating starting with a four? Rybka will still be stronger than Fritz 5.32 because Fritz 5.32 with super openings does not win as often against weaker opponents. But it never loses either. Rybka X - Fritz 5.32: 50%-50% every time. Does this limit Rybka's rating? (Personally I do not know, I'm just speculating here, but in a near perfect rating system I suspect it should not be true)
C) It is not important because by the time the opening book is finished everybody will be playing Chess 960 only.

Eelco
pichy

Re: Therefore FRC is the best way to determine strength.

Post by pichy »

Eelco de Groot wrote:
I think it is interesting, had not read the link yet. The reincarnation of Tigran Petrosyan!

A) Vasik Rajlich thinks that any rating for chess programs starting with a 3 is not the end. Is it true?
B) Against a really good opening book if it is used in determining a rating, it should be almost impossible to win. So, Fritz 5.32 with a super opening book can't be beaten anymore by Rybka 3 say in the SSDF rating list. Does Rybka still get a rating starting with a four? Rybka will still be stronger than Fritz 5.32 because Fritz 5.32 with super openings does not win as often against weaker opponents. But it never loses either. Rybka X - Fritz 5.32: 50%-50% every time. Does this limit Rybka's rating? (Personally I do not know, I'm just speculating here, but in a near perfect rating system I suspect it should not be true)
C) It is not important because by the time the opening book is finished everybody will be playing Chess 960 only.

Eelco

According to your statement a good opening book constribute to a great percent of a program's rating in normal chess. Therefore, Chess960 is the best way to determine the real strength of chess programs where the influence of the openings has not been analyzed yet. :wink:

PS: This is as long as both programs play each side White and Black with the same Chess960 opening, since there seems to be an advantage for the White side of most FRC openings.
Last edited by pichy on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Eelco de Groot wrote:

Eelco
A)no
B)What is the size of the book that is allowed?
It is obvious that Fritz5.32 with a book that is big enough is unbeatable
because a book that is big enough may include a move in every possible chess position
but I think that a book of 10^12 positions is not enough to make it unbeatable and I do not expect hardware that allow bigger books in the near future.

Uri