Joel Vs Rybka my prediction is 3.5 to 4.5 what is your......

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

swami

Re: Joel Vs Rybka my prediction is 3.5 to 4.5 what is your..

Post by swami »

I'm not implying that Joel is into drugs, alcohol or anything, It's just that human make mistakes.In this case, Rybka is much more improved than previous version that played in human vs machine pawn odds.

George predicted 1.5-6.5, I wonder why you were not surprised?
pichy

Post by pichy »

swami wrote:I'm not implying that Joel is into drugs, alcohol or anything, It's just that human make mistakes.In this case, Rybka is much more improved than previous version that played in human vs machine pawn odds.

If George and you come close to the actual score at the end of the match, then we as human being don't have much more to teach these calculating silicon monsters. But I actually believe that experience GM like Joel still have a trick or two to teach the silicon that we as human have NOT yet programmed it to get out of the mess, like out off close position in a stonewall etc...
gerold

Post by gerold »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
M ANSARI wrote:Rybka is not Deep Blue ... probably much stronger ... and Joel is not Kasparov ... probably much weaker. The combination of these two facts would make me believe that Joel is in for a nasty spanking.
I agree all the way long....
Yep. I think you both are right.
pichy

Post by pichy »

M ANSARI wrote:Rybka is not Deep Blue ... probably much stronger ... and Joel is not Kasparov ... probably much weaker. The combination of these two facts would make me believe that Joel is in for a nasty spanking.
Both statements are partially correct by saying that Joel is not Kasparov and Rybka is not Deeper Blue, but by Kasparov having a much higher rating than Joel doen't imply that Kasparov at the time that he played versus Deeper Blue was more experienced than Joel now 10 years later playing and toying around versus different strong chess prorams, and don't forget that Rybka is playing with a pawn odd.

PS: We will never find out if Rybka at this moment is much stronger than the latest Deeper Blue, unless you can get Deeper Blue and match it against Rybka. :roll:
pichy

Re: Joel Vs Rybka First Game won by JOEL 1-0

Post by pichy »

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... l?tid=1883

Please do NOT give me any excuses that it is not only humans who suffer from human error. Some recent changes had broken Rybka's contempt mechanism, and we did not discover this until move 11 of this game. Rybka played a terrible double-blunder of 10. Ng5 and 11. Nxf7 and with more blunders on the horizon, we were forced to resign, of course Joel could have a severe headache or migrane at any moment, but the game must be continued what is important to keep in mind is that Rybka is playing with a pawn odd, you all knew this, and my prediction is still standing 3.5 to 4.5. It is not how high rated a GM is, of course you can NOT compare Kasparov to Joel, but this match is with a PAWN ODD to one of the most experience computer player at the moment.
swami wrote:I'm not implying that Joel is into drugs, alcohol or anything, It's just that human make mistakes.In this case, Rybka is much more improved than previous version that played in human vs machine pawn odds.

pichy

Re: Joel Vs Rybka First Game could had been a Draw

Post by pichy »

pichy wrote:http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... l?tid=1883

Please do NOT give me any excuses that it is not only humans who suffer from human error. Some recent changes had broken Rybka's contempt mechanism, and we did not discover this until move 11 of this game. Rybka played a terrible double-blunder of 10. Ng5 and 11. Nxf7 The game was reseted after the bug on move 11 and they both agreed to replsay the game after that point as you can see Mr. Joel is NOT an easy pray for computer.

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... l?tid=1888

pichy

Re: I guess that all of you were correct in your prediction

Post by pichy »

I guess that all of you were correct , and I was wrong :roll: