Joel willing to play an exhibition FRC game vs Rybka with...

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pichy

Joel willing to play an exhibition FRC game vs Rybka with...

Post by pichy »

GM Joel Benjamin is willing to play an exhibition Chess960 or FRC game on the 10 of August with the White Pieces using the same time control used on the Pawn Odd match, but with NO Pawn Odd handicup for Rybka. Who do you think it will win this exhibition Chess960 match :?:

PS: GM Benjamin is NOT too familiar playing Chess960, therefore, Rybka will win easy even with a Pawn Odd in FRC, but it would be interesting to see an exhibition match of the Current FRC World champion using this time control versus Rybka, but it would be interesting to see a match with the same time control versus GM Artur Jussupow, or the current FRC World Champion.
pichy

Re: L I V E T R A N S M I S S I O N GM Joel vs Rybka

Post by pichy »

pichy wrote:GM Joel Benjamin is willing to play an exhibition Chess960 or FRC game on the 10 of August with the White Pieces using the same time control used on the Pawn Odd match, but with NO Pawn Odd handicup for Rybka. Who do you think it will win this exhibition Chess960 match :?:

PS: GM Benjamin is NOT too familiar playing Chess960, therefore, Rybka will win easy even with a Pawn Odd in FRC, but it would be interesting to see an exhibition match of the Current FRC World champion using this time control versus Rybka, but it would be interesting to see a match with the same time control versus GM Artur Jussupow, or the current FRC World Champion.
This is the current game in progress:

Rybka vs Benjamin
{#} 1. e4 Nc6 2. e5 Nxe5 3. Nh3 Nc6 4. Ng1 Nb8 5. d4 d6 6. Nf3 g6 7. c4 Bg7 8. Nc3 Bg4 9. Be2 Nc6 10. O-O Nf6 11. d5 Nb8 12. h3 Bd7 13. Be3 c5 14. a3 Na6 15. Re1 O-O 16. Rb1 Bf5 17. Bd3 Bxd3 18. Qxd3 Re8 *

Simply click on Joel vs Rybka and then View:

http://ecmc.ru:8080/mantis_test/broadcast/live.html
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Who are the current FRC computer and human world champions? I remember a few years back it was Spike and Svidler. Not sure who it is now. Usually good positional players play FRC very well. I would think Kramnik and Aronian would play especially well in this format and Hiarcs and Rybka as computers. Not sure if there is an FRC Rybka ... but I am sure it would be very simple to setup a position manually for Rybka to play FRC.
pichy

Post by pichy »

M ANSARI wrote:Who are the current FRC computer and human world champions? I remember a few years back it was Spike and Svidler. Not sure who it is now. Usually good positional players play FRC very well. I would think Kramnik and Aronian would play especially well in this format and Hiarcs and Rybka as computers. Not sure if there is an FRC Rybka ... but I am sure it would be very simple to setup a position manually for Rybka to play FRC.
The current FRC computer champion is Shredder, but this year Rybka will also play, and it is in the beta stage at this moment. The current Human Champion is Aronian , but Anand will also play FRC at Mainz.

PS: My two cents is that Rybka and Anand will take both championships :roll: