40 Free Single-CPU engines in CCRL Blitz

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kirill Kryukov

Re: 40 Free Single-CPU engines in CCRL Blitz

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Alessandro Scotti wrote:Hi Kirill,
you can download Hamsters 0.5 from here:

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16535

All the other versions except for 0.0.6 have disappeared from the site, I don't know what happened, my guess is server crashed and was restored from a backup that is more than 6 months old! :-(

If you need Hamsters 0.4 specifically I can mail it to you of course.
Thanks Alessandro! I'll be happy with 0.5. Good luck recovering your site!
FrancoisK

Post by FrancoisK »

Hi Kirill,

As Swaminathan said (thanks !), I think BugChess2 would be happy to join :D , and should be able to enter the top 50 (2669 in the CCRL 40/4).
You will find it on Leo's download page (WBEC). Be sure to add the '-winboard' command line argument.

Thanks !

François
Alessandro Scotti

Post by Alessandro Scotti »

FrancoisK wrote:As Swaminathan said (thanks !), I think BugChess2 would be happy to join :D , and should be able to enter the top 50 (2669 in the CCRL 40/4).
Looks like there's not many bugs left in it! :-)
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

FrancoisK wrote:Hi Kirill,

As Swaminathan said (thanks !), I think BugChess2 would be happy to join :D , and should be able to enter the top 50 (2669 in the CCRL 40/4).
You will find it on Leo's download page (WBEC). Be sure to add the '-winboard' command line argument.

Thanks !

François
Thanks, I added BugChess2 to my list of engines to test soon!
Last edited by Kirill Kryukov on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

swami wrote:
Kirill Kryukov wrote: If you know any other engine with good chances to enter Free Single-CPU top 50, please suggest!
BugChess has a good chance of getting into top 35 I guess.

Bright,Chrion,Danasah,Romichess,Nimzo and Deep Patzer are other engines I'd suggest if you plan to test more.
Thanks for comment Swami! Bright and Chiron were private (which means not free) the last time I checked, and Nimzo was commercial, or is there a free version of any of them?

BugChess2 is added to the list! :-)

Patzer, Danasah, Romichess - I'm not sure they are strong enough to compete for top 50, I'll check other available results for them before deciding when to test them. Eventually I want to test them of course, but stronger engines get priority.
FrancoisK

Post by FrancoisK »

:lol:

Don't worry, i keep adding some every now and them...I am so happy when i find one :)