little tournaments (new fruit version, new zappa mexico)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Thomas Gaksch

Re: little tournaments (new fruit version, new zappa mexico)

Post by Thomas Gaksch »

sorry, i think you do not understand. why should i give you credit? i have not used your passed pawn code and where can i read the credit to me in your readme?
i know you have never looked at the ideas in toga. who believes that?
you forget that toga source code is freely available. fruits source code not anymore.

by the way i always compare versions which are freely downloadable. not beta versions. and your version must always have in minimum the same strength, because you have the source code of toga.

but why i am getting excited. it is just our hobby.

Thomas
Ryan Benitez

Post by Ryan Benitez »

Thomas Gaksch wrote:sorry, i think you do not understand. why should i give you credit? i have not used your passed pawn code and where can i read the credit to me in your readme?
i know you have never looked at the ideas in toga. who believes that?
you forget that toga source code is freely available. fruits source code not anymore.

by the way i always compare versions which are freely downloadable. not beta versions. and your version must always have in minimum the same strength, because you have the source code of toga.

but why i am getting excited. it is just our hobby.

Thomas
This is ridicules, Fruit took a turn down a different path intentionally to be different than Toga despite how easy short term gain would have been. There are 0 ideas that I have added to Fruit because of Toga. I am the one who suggested the passed pawn in PV extension, use it all you want. If you don't believe that Fruit has taken a drastically different path I am willing to have my honesty proven by a non-bias source that has access to the source code of both engines. Enjoy your Toga SE buddies; they will only smear your name as well.

Ryan
Ryan Benitez

Post by Ryan Benitez »

Thomas Gaksch wrote:Hi Ryan,
i have nothing to do with that version and i have not seen any source code of that version. Have you seen the source code of the SE version?
Who is the author? The CEGT team should have the email addy from the author and could contact him.

Thomas
Why would CEGT have the email addy of the author?
Thomas Gaksch

Post by Thomas Gaksch »

sorry, i thought the cegt team ist testing the se version. wrong reading from me.
but i am still confused. did they have stolen your source code or "only" the .exe?
if it is "only" the exe i think it is not such a big problem, because they can not officially publish the version. nobody would be interested in that version. and if you will release your version everybody will use fruit and not the copied exe from unknown author(s) which is a copy of a beta version of you.
So be cool. there will be no damage for you.

but if they have stolen your source code than it could be a big problem.

Thomas
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Thomas Gaksch wrote:sorry, i thought the cegt team ist testing the se version. wrong reading from me.
but i am still confused. did they have stolen your source code or "only" the .exe?
if it is "only" the exe i think it is not such a big problem, because they can not officially publish the version. nobody would be interested in that version. and if you will release your version everybody will use fruit and not the copied exe from unknown author(s) which is a copy of a beta version of you.
So be cool. there will be no damage for you.

but if they have stolen your source code than it could be a big problem.

Thomas
I do not see claims that the cegt stole something.
They probably got 2.3.3f from fabien or from ryan.

I know nothing about
TogaIIv1.5.7SE_P4_SSE2_PGO that was used by ryan and lost 8:2 against fruit2.3.3f.

Note that I also see no reason for the cegt to have the email version of the author of the SE version of toga when they did not test it and his(her) identity is a secret for me(I do not know who changed toga to version 1.5.7 and thomas asked who did it in this thread).

They only need the email version of the authors of the new fruit.

Uri