toga 3.1.3 se mp versus toga 1.4 beta5c

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ozziejoe

toga 3.1.3 se mp versus toga 1.4 beta5c

Post by ozziejoe »

There has been alot of talk about the unofficial 3.1.3se. Here are the results of a 60 game match, on a dual core with five minute 2 sec inc games. (and new noomen test set): toga 1.4 beta 5c 14 wins, 12 loses, 34 draws
Graham Banks

Re: toga 3.1.3 se mp versus toga 1.4 beta5c

Post by Graham Banks »

Is Toga II 3.1.3SE released to testers with the source code?
If not, it's an illegal engine.

Regards, Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

I think it is made by the same guy who made 3.1.2. He doesnt have to release the source code if the engine is still private..
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Tony Thomas wrote:I think it is made by the same guy who made 3.1.2. He doesnt have to release the source code if the engine is still private..
Chris Formula says it's not his.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Graham Banks wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:I think it is made by the same guy who made 3.1.2. He doesnt have to release the source code if the engine is still private..
May be its from that guy who released Coffiled and Hustle... :wink:
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Graham Banks wrote:

Hi Graham,

I believe the MP versions of Chris Formula's Toga Special Editions are made by someone else. The 3.1.2 MP was to be found on this Tony Tonas clone site before, with the source code but no author mentioned. I don't think it was from Charles, it was based one one of Thomas earlier betas. This new 3.1.3 MP version also does not comply with the GPL as there is no sources included, only a read.me but it is not clear who wrote that. It is based on beta 5a from Thomas I believe. Also I read on CSS Harry Schnapp posted there are Rybka 2.3.2 clones on that TT site, I don't know if that is something new, probably not.

Regards, Eelco
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Eelco de Groot wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Hi Graham,

I believe the MP versions of Chris Formula's Toga Special Editions are made by someone else. The 3.1.2 MP was to be found on this Tony Tonas clone site before, with the source code but no author mentioned. I don't think it was from Charles, it was based one one of Thomas earlier betas. This new 3.1.3 MP version also does not comply with the GPL as there is no sources included, only a read.me but it is not clear who wrote that. It is based on beta 5a from Thomas I believe. Also I read on CSS there are Rybka 2.3.2 clones on that TT site, I don't know if that is something new, probably not.

Regards, Eelco
Hi Eelco,

I suspect it could be the Toga MP version that uses part of the code stolen from a private version of Fruit that Ryan entrusted to a select few testers. One of them betrayed his trust.

Regards, Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com