I have a working win32 compile of Robbolito 84

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Should a win32 build of Robbolito be made available?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:58 am

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 49

Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Re: I have a working win32 compile of Robbolito 84

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
SzG wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:HappyHippo84 - Rybka v2.3.2a.w32 : 76.5/100 57-4-39 (1=101=1=11==11==1111==101===1==1==11=1=11=1=1=1111=111111=1=111=1=0===011=1=111=1=1111111==11111====) 77% +210
Hi Michael,

+210 is very impressive. CCRL blitz list has Rybka 3 at 3118, while Rybka 2.3.2a at 3021. This seems to indicate that RobboLito is 113 Elos better than Rybka 3!
Robbolito does have better time management using its time down to ~40 seconds whereas Rybka only uses its time down to ~120 seconds. I wonder how much of an effect this had on the results at a TC of 2'+6"?
For Rybka I should have said 80 seconds, 1'20"
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:
SzG wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:HappyHippo84 - Rybka v2.3.2a.w32 : 76.5/100 57-4-39 (1=101=1=11==11==1111==101===1==1==11=1=11=1=1=1111=111111=1=111=1=0===011=1=111=1=1111111==11111====) 77% +210
Hi Michael,

+210 is very impressive. CCRL blitz list has Rybka 3 at 3118, while Rybka 2.3.2a at 3021. This seems to indicate that RobboLito is 113 Elos better than Rybka 3!
Robbolito does have better time management using its time down to ~40 seconds whereas Rybka only uses its time down to ~120 seconds. I wonder how much of an effect this had on the results at a TC of 2'+6"?
For Rybka I should have said 80 seconds, 1'20"
OTH Engine X has a poor time management in classical time controls
moves per time. Often it has much too less time at the end of a time
cut and one time I watched it even use _all_ time 3 moves after the
cut (move 43 in a 40/5 game) trying to reach depth 31 ;-) which
failed of course in the late middlegame. I also noticed practically
no difference in strength against Rybka 3(1 cpu) Dynamic and PVs
were most of the time quite similar.
(This was 0.085c3-fix on a Q8200 with 256MB hash)

Guenther
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Michael Sherwin wrote:Should I make it available to people that want to test it?

If the majority of people say yes then I will send it to one person that can make it available to all. However, no links here--it will have to be googled.

I figure that unix compiles are being tested it would only be fair if windows users can do the same.

Let's find out!
Wow, 36 - 13 in favor of distribution. I thought it would be much closer and that the no's would take it. Well I will honor my pledge.

I guess that innocent/legal until proven guilty/illegal is a valued ideal in the world after all. I have to believe that reason over the more base and selfish reason of simple human greed--if I am to believe in the basic good of the people that voted yes.

Well, I just today learned how to make a PGO build, so tomorrow I will make one for Robbolito and send it out.

A bit of solace for those that voted no, might be Bob's and others (paraphrased) opinion, that Rybka 1.0 beta was mainly a straight forward rewrite of Fruit that used many of Fruits values verbatim and should have been open source, anyway. Like Bob indicated, (paraphrased) justice has been served in a weird twist.
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Note that I did not vote.

I think that it is not fair if buyers of rybka3 who payed to get the best engine cannot get rybka's detivative that may be better than rybka so I think that the thing should be available to buyers of rybka when it should not be available for everyone.

I can accept the fact that there is piracy and people who use piracy can get the same product as people who buy the engine but
I think that people who use piracy should never get superior engine relative to legal buyers of the engine that the piracy is based on it.

Uri
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

Uri Blass wrote:Note that I did not vote.

I think that it is not fair if buyers of rybka3 who payed to get the best engine cannot get rybka's detivative that may be better than rybka so I think that the thing should be available to buyers of rybka when it should not be available for everyone.

Uri
Well, but you did not pay for an older Rybka 4 beta(which it is actually).

Guenther
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

SzG wrote:
Guenther wrote: Well, but you did not pay for an older Rybka 4 beta(which it is actually).

Guenther
I wonder how you can know that. Your claim also contradicts Vasik's comment that he had been continuously notified about the development of Ippolit. Also he claimed Ippolit was a reverse engineered Rybka 3.
...well all Rybkas before the release of Rybka 4 are called Rybka 3 plus dev # . I could have also said a later Rybka 3. In early October they were
at 3.(e)64 something...

Guenther
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

SzG wrote:
Guenther wrote: Well, but you did not pay for an older Rybka 4 beta(which it is actually).

Guenther
I wonder how you can know that. Your claim also contradicts Vasik's comment that he had been continuously notified about the development of Ippolit. Also he claimed Ippolit was a reverse engineered Rybka 3.
He dosen't and he's speculating....but it's not his fault....it's the fault of Rybka's author who manipulates the sect followers without bothering to give a scientific statement to clear things up....

Yep,once it was a reverse engineered Rybka 3,next it's an early Rybka 4 beta stolen source code....I won't be surprised if the next version is an assault with heavy submachine guns breaking into Vasik appartment and taking away his hardware....of course the bandits are russian for sure....

Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

SzG wrote:
Guenther wrote:
SzG wrote:

Guenther
...well all Rybkas before the release of Rybka 4 are called Rybka 3 plus dev # . I could have also said a later Rybka 3. In early October they were
at 3.(e)64 something...

Guenther
Now only one simple question remains: How did they obtain it?
With submachine guns Gabor,please read my previous post :lol:
Fallout 3 regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
SzG wrote:

Guenther
He dosen't and he's speculating....but it's not his fault....it's the fault of Rybka's author who manipulates the sect followers without bothering to give a scientific statement to clear things up....

Yep,once it was a reverse engineered Rybka 3,next it's an early Rybka 4 beta stolen source code....I won't be surprised if the next version is an assault with heavy submachine guns breaking into Vasik appartment and taking away his hardware....of course the bandits are russian for sure....

Dr.D
I admit that I did not compare the code of robbolito with the code of rybka to know that it is a clone but my choice to believe that it is based on rybka3 is not based only on Vas.

Other programmers like GCP of Sjeng also claim that it is based on rybka3.

Uri
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Uri Blass wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
SzG wrote:

Guenther

Dr.D
I admit that I did not compare the code of robbolito with the code of rybka to know that it is a clone but my choice to believe that it is based on rybka3 is not based only on Vas.

Other programmers like GCP of Sjeng also claim that it is based on rybka3.

Uri
No one is saying that it has absolutely nothing to do with Rybka 3 and yes,count me in this group....

The problem is that the author of Rybka didn't bother to tell us how much does it have in common with Rybka 3 which automatically translates to one word....proof

Thr other porblem is that every 2-3 days we hear a different version of how the russian thugs have stolen Vasik's source code....let me see now,was it Rybka 3 source code reverse engineered,or was it Rybka's 4 in beta stage source code stolen,or was he attacked on the street on his way home and was plugged to some kind of cerebral extraction machine that snatched the information from his head,or....,or....

The whole affair is smelling damn fishy and only a fool will believe that it stinks only from one camp....

Dr.D