I have a working win32 compile of Robbolito 84

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Should a win32 build of Robbolito be made available?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:58 am

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 49

Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Re: I have a working win32 compile of Robbolito 84

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:Should I make it available to people that want to test it?

If the majority of people say yes then I will send it to one person that can make it available to all. However, no links here--it will have to be googled.

I figure that unix compiles are being tested it would only be fair if windows users can do the same.

Let's find out!
Wow, 36 - 13 in favor of distribution. I thought it would be much closer and that the no's would take it. Well I will honor my pledge.

I guess that innocent/legal until proven guilty/illegal is a valued ideal in the world after all. I have to believe that reason over the more base and selfish reason of simple human greed--if I am to believe in the basic good of the people that voted yes.

Well, I just today learned how to make a PGO build, so tomorrow I will make one for Robbolito and send it out.

A bit of solace for those that voted no, might be Bob's and others (paraphrased) opinion, that Rybka 1.0 beta was mainly a straight forward rewrite of Fruit that used many of Fruits values verbatim and should have been open source, anyway. Like Bob indicated, (paraphrased) justice has been served in a weird twist.
I was waylaid a couple of days and was not able to get anything done.

Now though I have an instrumented Rob84 training for a pgo build that will follow. From what I have read it needs to train for several hours to get the best performance.
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Michael Sherwin

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:Should I make it available to people that want to test it?

If the majority of people say yes then I will send it to one person that can make it available to all. However, no links here--it will have to be googled.

I figure that unix compiles are being tested it would only be fair if windows users can do the same.

Let's find out!
Wow, 36 - 13 in favor of distribution. I thought it would be much closer and that the no's would take it. Well I will honor my pledge.

I guess that innocent/legal until proven guilty/illegal is a valued ideal in the world after all. I have to believe that reason over the more base and selfish reason of simple human greed--if I am to believe in the basic good of the people that voted yes.

Well, I just today learned how to make a PGO build, so tomorrow I will make one for Robbolito and send it out.

A bit of solace for those that voted no, might be Bob's and others (paraphrased) opinion, that Rybka 1.0 beta was mainly a straight forward rewrite of Fruit that used many of Fruits values verbatim and should have been open source, anyway. Like Bob indicated, (paraphrased) justice has been served in a weird twist.

Now though I have an instrumented Rob84 training for a pgo build that will follow. From what I have read it needs to train for several hours to get the best performance.
Doing a pgo build was useless. After training for 24 games the resulting exe after the optimize phase, was slower. A zip file was made with the exe and sources. I unzipped the zip file to a new directory and am now running some games to make sure that everything is still working. I will send it out shortly.
Michael Sherwin

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:

Let's find out!

Doing a pgo build was useless. After training for 24 games the resulting exe after the optimize phase, was slower. A zip file was made with the exe and sources. I unzipped the zip file to a new directory and am now running some games to make sure that everything is still working. I will send it out shortly.
Sent out. I am now done with this!
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Michael Sherwin wrote: Sent out. I am now done with this!
Good, because you are on a hiding to nothing and you deserve it.
Michael Sherwin

Christopher Conkie wrote:
I deserve only what God says I deserve at the judgement (and I do not believe that you are on the panel)! Anything else, I do not give a shit about!
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
I deserve only what God says I deserve at the judgement (and I do not believe that you are on the panel)! Anything else, I do not give a shit about!
Wow,a stunning answer....I wish I could master my english to this high level so that I can realy answer some certin people in a way that will put them where they belong....

Wish you all the best Michael and still waiting for a new RomiChess version....

Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Christopher Conkie

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Fairy stories about panels and self righteousness. I bet if there is a judge he does not like theft. Explain that to the panel when you get there. In the meantime have fun doing what you think is right. Look at who is around you. It should be a sign.........
Michael Sherwin

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Fairy stories about panels and self righteousness. I bet if there is a judge he does not like theft. Explain that to the panel when you get there. In the meantime have fun doing what you think is right. Look at who is around you. It should be a sign.........
I should just let you to wallow around in your mud pit of idiocy all by your lonesome. But, I just can't resist pointing out your idiocy in the hope that you may learn something.

1.) "Fairy stories", is just a derogatory term you used to take an imaginary high ground so you can shout down at me to make yourself look better than me. I told no stories and the only mention of fairies was by you.

2.) My use of the word "panel" was to illustrate that if there is to be a judgement then you will in no way be judging me. It was a metaphor! You do know what a metaphor is, don't you?

3.) Self righteous people do not care about judgement from a higher being. That is why they are self righteous. Sounds more like you than me.

4.) If there is a judge--what did I steal? Nothing! But, there you go judging me in place of him. And doing a bad job of it.

5.) Unfortunately, you are one of those that are around me. There was absolutely no point for you to have chimed in on this thread to pass judgement in the first place. Just doing some mud slinging from your mud pit aye.

So, let me sum up. I care about judgement from a God that I can not prove is there or not there and nothing at all about any judgement from you. Can I make it any more plain than that? Let me know.
Christopher Conkie

Michael Sherwin wrote: I should just let you to wallow around in your mud pit of idiocy all by your lonesome. But, I just can't resist pointing out your idiocy in the hope that you may learn something.
:D Have the Deeb words gone to your head? Oh well.....let's see what trough your snout is in. I'm sure it beats idiocy if that is where I am.
1.) "Fairy stories", is just a derogatory term you used to take an imaginary high ground so you can shout down at me to make yourself look better than me. I told no stories and the only mention of fairies was by you.
You mentioned God (what he has to with it, I don't know). To some that is a fairy story.
2.) My use of the word "panel" was to illustrate that if there is to be a judgement then you will in no way be judging me. It was a metaphor! You do know what a metaphor is, don't you?
You said "I deserve only what God says I deserve at the judgement". That is not a metaphor. It does not compare anything. It is a clear statement.
3.) Self righteous people do not care about judgement from a higher being. That is why they are self righteous. Sounds more like you than me.
Now that is really smug....... Thanks for proving the point.
4.) If there is a judge--what did I steal? Nothing! But, there you go judging me in place of him. And doing a bad job of it.
Many people are telling you it is a disassembled Rybka. The rest you need to work out for yourself.
5.) Unfortunately, you are one of those that are around me. There was absolutely no point for you to have chimed in on this thread to pass judgement in the first place. Just doing some mud slinging from your mud pit aye.
There was no point for you to make the thread. The thing you made already existed before you made it. It was not the brightest thing to do really.
So, let me sum up. I care about judgement from a God that I can not prove is there or not there and nothing at all about any judgement from you. Can I make it any more plain than that? Let me know.
You care about a God that may or may not exist? :lol: Don't let him hear you say that. Belief is not reward based.

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
Pascal's Wager suffers from the logical fallacy of the false dilemma. You could try the following but inevitably it is just as bad.

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist's_Wager
You best bet so far, is that the worms eat you when you go. Think of the fertiliser you will create.

;-)

Christopher
Anton

Post by Anton »

Michael Sherwin wrote: I was waylaid a couple of days and was not able to get anything done.

Getting back on topic, I compiled the original Robbolito_084 using the pgo in GCC, just a trial run by running for a 10 min search, recompiled, and the result was a 8-10% speedup!! very promising.

regards,

Anton.