Stockfish Shines Against DR4

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

brinan
Full name: bri nan

Stockfish Shines Against DR4

Post by brinan »

Stockfish 1.9.1 has won 4 games in a row against Deep Rybka 4 in my ladder challenge number 28.
Games can be played through here (each engine has 90 minutes).
Click on www button for all event details and games.
News can be received automatically by subscribing to my RSS feed (click on icon near top).
brinan

Re: Stockfish Shines Against DR4

Post by brinan »

Challenge over.

Stockfish top of chess ladder after succeeding in its challenge 6.5-3.5.
News can be received automatically by subscribing to my RSS feed (click on icon near top).
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Stockfish has indeed become quite strong and R4 has IMHO 2 weaknesses I can readily identify which cause the vast majority of losses. Number one of course is improper bishop evaluation in some instances where the bishop is blocked or rendered useless, and the other is that King safety (although highly improved from R3) is still an issue where a smother attack by loading pieces against its King is only realized as dangerous when it is too late. While very fast hardware or LTC might eliminate problem #2, problem #1 simply needs an improved evaluation with regards to "bad" bishops.

By the way is there a way to collect those games as one pgn file to take a look at the games? Thanks in advance.
brinan

Post by brinan »

M ANSARI wrote:... weaknesses ....

By the way is there a way to collect those games as one pgn file to take a look at the games? Thanks in advance.
Note DR4 lost one game on time.

Go here for link to PGN file.