Additional CEGT-Blitz-Update with 9271 more games

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mwyoung

Re: Additional CEGT-Blitz-Update with 9271 more games

Post by mwyoung »

ThatsIt wrote:Hi to all !

We've made an internal poll among the members of the CEGT again
with the result that, from now on, the engine Houdini will be included
in our lists.
Therefore i've made an additional update of the blitz-list today,
details:

Code: Select all

new games =   9271
total     = 768437

Year     Games
2011     31283
2010    169338
2009    161012
2008    159788
2007     86011
2006    111502
2005     47607
2004      1020
2003       395
2002       315
2001       166

number of engines = 1009 (!)
http://www.husvankempen.de/nunn/blitz.htm

Best wishes,
G.S.

Thank You,

This means Houdini can be played on PlayChess, and Houdini can openly be talked about on The Rybka Forum. :D Fat Chance......
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

mwyoung wrote:...and Houdini can openly be talked about on The Rybka Forum...
I'm afraid not. As has been pointed out at other forums, mention of CEGT has alread been removed from Rybka's home page. Also the forum policy has already been adapted: whenceforth only the CCRL is in control of the decision what is a "clone" and what is not.

It confirms what has been said before: for Rybka and Chessbase the CCRL - and previously the CEGT - rating lists are instrumental in defining engines as "clones" without providing any factual proof or starting any legal action. And now that the CEGT "instrument" is no longer useful, it is instantly discarded.

Robert
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Houdini wrote:
I'm afraid not. As has been pointed out at other forums, mention of CEGT has alread been removed from Rybka's home page. Also the forum policy has already been adapted: whenceforth only the CCRL is in control of the decision what is a "clone" and what is not.

It confirms what has been said before: for Rybka and Chessbase the CCRL - and previously the CEGT - rating lists are instrumental in defining engines as "clones" without providing any factual proof or starting any legal action. And now that the CEGT "instrument" is no longer useful, it is instantly discarded.

Robert
It is ok Robert. You have already won. I told you, you would win this fight over the board, and you have.

Everyone can see what is going on now. Rybka, ChessBase and CCRL can no longer hide using some false moral outrage to justify their actions.
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Houdini wrote:

Robert

Hello Robert,

Interesting.

Do you - or anyone else - have a snapshot of that same page before the latest change? I would like to see it for myself.

This is drama. So CEGT is no longer a professional testing organisation?

Wow.

I am going to have to tell all my friends to avoid your engine like the plague. Or risk not being perceived as serious and professional.

It is to laugh.

Later.
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Roger Brown wrote:Do you - or anyone else - have a snapshot of that same page before the latest change? I would like to see it for myself.
Roger,

I read it here and here.

Robert
Milos

Post by Milos »

Roger Brown wrote:This is drama. So CEGT is no longer a professional testing organisation?
AFAIK english, professional means "engaged in an activity as a paid occupation". So the actual statement on Rybka website seams to be nothing but an official confession by Felix Kling that members of CCRL get some form of material compensation for their work...
It confirms in the same time that claims about CCRL being an amateur organization are just pure BS.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Roger Brown wrote:
Houdini wrote:

Robert

Hello Robert,

Interesting.

Do you - or anyone else - have a snapshot of that same page before the latest change? I would like to see it for myself.

This is drama. So CEGT is no longer a professional testing organisation?

Wow.

I am going to have to tell all my friends to avoid your engine like the plague. Or risk not being perceived as serious and professional.

It is to laugh.

Later.
The funniest thing I read. Reading the Rybka forum website is were Mr. Banks is begging Vas to say something in defense of Rybka, and CCRL, but Vas says nothing. Cutting off Mr. Banks at the KNEES. What a fool! :lol: Showing the partnership they have, or why else is Mr. Banks begging for support and a statement from Vas. IMO
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

mwyoung wrote:Reading the Rybka forum website is were Mr. Banks is begging Vas to say something in defense of Rybka, and CCRL, but Vas says nothing. Cutting off Mr. Banks at the KNEES. What a fool! :lol: Showing the partnership they have, or why else is Mr. Banks begging for support and a statement from Vas. IMO
Link please so that people can read it for themselves.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Graham Banks wrote:
mwyoung wrote:Reading the Rybka forum website is were Mr. Banks is begging Vas to say something in defense of Rybka, and CCRL, but Vas says nothing. Cutting off Mr. Banks at the KNEES. What a fool! :lol: Showing the partnership they have, or why else is Mr. Banks begging for support and a statement from Vas. IMO
Link please so that people can read it for themselves.
I am not going to hunt for it.

Just tell us now. Did you ask for somekind of statement on the rybka forum from Vas? I know I was not the only one to read it. When I saw it I was ROFL.
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Milos wrote:
Roger Brown wrote:This is drama. So CEGT is no longer a professional testing organisation?
AFAIK english, professional means "engaged in an activity as a paid occupation". So the actual statement on Rybka website seams to be nothing but an official confession by Felix Kling that members of CCRL get some form of material compensation for their work...
It confirms in the same time that claims about CCRL being an amateur organization are just pure BS.

Hello Milos,

C'mon, you are way better than that!

:-)

Context please.

Professional here does not seem to mean paid but serves as a jab meaning not well done, not done to exacting standards, lacking rigour, a poor job etc.

It is an interesting enough development without trying to ride that train through the eye of the needle.

Later.