Rybka Cluster testing?

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Justin Sherron

Rybka Cluster testing?

Post by Justin Sherron »

I seem to recall there was some uncertainty regarding how to most effectively/accurately test the Rybka Cluster for the various rating lists. Now that it's here, have there been any decisions about how, or even if, people will be testing it?

Thanks,
Justin
Jouni

Re: Rybka Cluster testing?

Post by Jouni »

It will be quite expensive to test:

A Rybka Cluster 40 consists of 40 physical cores and can be rented for 238 Euro (incl. VAT) per day.

Jouni
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Jouni wrote:It will be quite expensive to test:

A Rybka Cluster 40 consists of 40 physical cores and can be rented for 238 Euro (incl. VAT) per day.

Jouni
I was going to make a spicy comment regarding the rent price involvimg Vasik's certin body parts but I rethinked :wink:
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Justin Sherron wrote:I seem to recall there was some uncertainty regarding how to most effectively/accurately test the Rybka Cluster for the various rating lists. Now that it's here, have there been any decisions about how, or even if, people will be testing it?

Thanks,
Justin
Which engine will the cluster use ? Rybka 4 ? Rybka 5 ? Houdini ?
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Justin Sherron wrote:I seem to recall there was some uncertainty regarding how to most effectively/accurately test the Rybka Cluster for the various rating lists. Now that it's here, have there been any decisions about how, or even if, people will be testing it?

Thanks,
Justin
Vasik X :wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:

Thanks,
Justin
Spartan Chess!!! ( and thus also quite playable for Humans) :lol:
+ 5 free haircuts/Year
Last edited by De Vos W on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

De Vos W wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:

Thanks,
Justin
Spartan Chess!!! ( and thus also quite playable for Humans) :lol:
:lol: