CEGT - blitz rating lists December 30th 2011

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Pablo Vazquez

Re: CEGT - blitz rating lists December 30th 2011

Post by Pablo Vazquez »

Houdini wrote:Hello Werner,

If Critter 1.4 is only nr. 3, I was curious to find out who was nr. 2, turns out it is Strelka 5.0. :lol:
Are the CEGT aware that Strelka 5.0 is 99% Houdini 1.5? (assuming that the code that Jury Osipov sent me really produces the binary that is distributed)
I don't mind finding several copies of Houdini in rating lists, but it's probably unfair towards other engines.

Robert
Houdini 1.x was tested and it was 99% Robbolito 0.09. I don't know why you are whining about Strelka now.
Pablo Vazquez

Post by Pablo Vazquez »

Pablo Vazquez wrote:
Houdini wrote:Hello Werner,

If Critter 1.4 is only nr. 3, I was curious to find out who was nr. 2, turns out it is Strelka 5.0. :lol:
Are the CEGT aware that Strelka 5.0 is 99% Houdini 1.5? (assuming that the code that Jury Osipov sent me really produces the binary that is distributed)
I don't mind finding several copies of Houdini in rating lists, but it's probably unfair towards other engines.

Robert
Houdini 1.x was tested and it was 99% Robbolito 0.09. I don't know why you are whining about Strelka now.
Sorry I meant 1.0x. 1.5 is probably "only" 95%.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Werner,

thanks again for the CEGT informations so many years now. I wish you and the others CEGT members a good and succssfull new year.

Best
Frank
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Osipov Jury wrote:
Houdini wrote:
Osipov Jury wrote:
Houdini wrote: Strelka 5.0 is 99% Houdini 1.5
Would you be kind enough to prove your claim?
I'm not going to invest any time in this.
Consider my message a courtesy towards other engine authors at the top of the ranking lists.

Robert
Robert! Happy New Year!

Maybe you release the source code of Houdini 1.5 and Strelka 5? Then everyone can compare them.

P.S.
I would like to see the source of only one function of Houdini. This endgame function KRPKB. It contains a mistake, but I do not know how to fix it.
If Robert is no better than Vas in claiming Strelka as his own after you sent him the sources, then you can open the sources of Strelka 5, as you did with Strelka 2. Robert said that 99% of Houdini 1.5 is Strelka 5, therefore we could all see what Houdini 1.5 is (not a big secret anyway).

Kai
IWB

Post by IWB »

Hi Werner,
Werner wrote: ...
There will be no more tests with it now.
If thats the case throw it out, and btw, throw out the few 6 core results as well. It makes no sence to have something and not to continue testing with it!

Bye
Ingo
MM

Post by MM »

Laskos wrote:
Osipov Jury wrote:
Houdini wrote:
Osipov Jury wrote:
Houdini wrote: Strelka 5.0 is 99% Houdini 1.5
Would you be kind enough to prove your claim?
I'm not going to invest any time in this.
Consider my message a courtesy towards other engine authors at the top of the ranking lists.

Robert
Robert! Happy New Year!

Maybe you release the source code of Houdini 1.5 and Strelka 5? Then everyone can compare them.

P.S.
I would like to see the source of only one function of Houdini. This endgame function KRPKB. It contains a mistake, but I do not know how to fix it.
If Robert is no better than Vas in claiming Strelka as his own after you sent him the sources, then you can open the sources of Strelka 5, as you did with Strelka 2. Robert said that 99% of Houdini 1.5 is Strelka 5, therefore we could all see what Houdini 1.5 is (not a big secret anyway).

Kai
I can't separate the word ''claiming'' from ''computer chess''. Every entity, around the ''computer chess'' world, claims. It is too funny :-)

Regards
MM