New Vitruvius Engine vs. Chiron 1.1a 32bit

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

New Vitruvius Engine vs. Chiron 1.1a 32bit

Post by geots »

Vitruvius_1.01C_x32 vs. Chiron 1.1a 32bit

I had run the first commercial version 1.0 and then the experimental 1.01 ag. so many different engines- I was looking for a new opponent for this new and here to stay 1.01.

I knew that it was a slight elo drop from Vitruvius' other competition, but heck- Chiron is commercial and it did win the latest CCT 14. So I think it was an ok match.

1CPU/32bit
128MB hash
Bases=NONE (Chiron used Nalimov)
Ponder_Learning=OFF
Perfect 12.32 book w/12-move limit
40/3 Repeating
Match=50 games

Code: Select all

1   Vitruvius_1.01C_x32    +200   +31/-5/=14   76.00%   38.0/50
2   Chiron 1.1a 32bit      -200   +5/-31/=14   24.00%   12.0/50

Obviously Vitruvius is the stronger engine- but by 200 elo? Being 1 50-game match, I would certainly not be ready to assume that. Maybe it is that much stronger- maybe it isn't. At the moment it just "is what it is"- a 50 game match that Vitruvius won.

Of course there will be more to follow, and Gabriel (Gab) is taking care of the "long-game testing" for us.

Back to my cubby-hole, aptly named by my wife-

g
e
o
r
g
e
TimoK

Re: New Vitruvius Engine vs. Chiron 1.1a 32bit

Post by TimoK »

Hi George,

thanks for posting the results. Indeed that was an impressive victory for Vitruvius. Chiron is a very strong engine, so it's very difficult to win 31 times in 50 games against it.

Looking forward to more tests!

Stay tuned and best regards
Timo
geots

Re: New Vitruvius Engine vs. Chiron 1.1a 32bit

Post by geots »

TimoK wrote:Hi George,

thanks for posting the results. Indeed that was an impressive victory for Vitruvius. Chiron is a very strong engine, so it's very difficult to win 31 times in 50 games against it.

Looking forward to more tests!

Stay tuned and best regards
Timo

Thanks, Timo. If you ever decide you want the PGNs for this match or any other, just PM me here and we will share email addresses and I will attach them to an email for you. Then you can just mail me in the future when I can help you in any way. Just be sure, with the time difference, to give me 24 hours to see the PM, store your email address and get them to you, etc. If you go ahead and put your address in the PM, I will send mine along with the PGNs. (But if you are like me, after scrolling thru maybe a dozen games, you find the lines all running together and you need a straight edge to place under each line. They are really for programmers looking for something in particular about a certain engine.)

More results for Vitruvius Monday night (USA time).

I really do appreciate your interest.

Best,

george