37th Amateur Series Division 5

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Final Standings

Post by Graham Banks »

37TH AMATEUR SERIES (Division 5)

Intel i5 Quad
ChessGUI
256mb hash each
3-4-5 piece tablebases
Ponder off
ICCFMasters2011.cgb book
40 moves in 25 minutes repeating (adapted for the CCRL)
4 cycles 44 rounds
All engines 64-bit where available
The top engine will gain automatic promotion and the bottom engine will face automatic relegation. The second top engine and the second bottom engine might play grading matches to determine which division they will play in for the next series.
Final Standings

32.5 - Tucano 1.04
31.0 - Rodin 5.1
25.5 - Murka 2.0 64-bit
24.5 - Ice 0.3
24.0 - Dorky 4.3 64-bit
23.5 - Cheese 1.4 64-bit
22.5 - Delphil 2.9g
22.0 - Eeyore 1.52 64-bit
16.0 - Hussar 0.4
15.0 - Ifrit m1.8 64-bit
14.0 - OliThink 5.3.2 64-bit
13.5 - Betsabe II 1.28 64-bit

The complete tournament pgn (zipped) can be downloaded here:
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... p?id=27654
gbanksnz at gmail.com
sedicla
Full name: Alcides Schulz

Re: Final Standings

Post by sedicla »

Thanks for the tournament Graham. Certainly a better than expected result for Tucano, I'm very glad!

I will keep working on improvements.

Cheers.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

sedicla wrote:Thanks for the tournament Graham. Certainly a better than expected result for Tucano, I'm very glad!

Cheers.
Congratulations on winning.
Tucano (and probably Rodin as well) will be playing in Division 4 of the next series. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Kempelen

Post by Kempelen »

Graham Banks wrote:
sedicla wrote:Thanks for the tournament Graham. Certainly a better than expected result for Tucano, I'm very glad!

Cheers.
Tucano (and probably Rodin as well) will be playing in Division 4 of the next series. :)
good fight at the end. Rodin and tucano were very near. congratulation for a great tournament
Fermin Serrano
Author of 'Rodin' engine
http://sites.google.com/site/clonfsp/
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Kempelen wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Cheers.
good fight at the end. Rodin and tucano were very near. congratulation for a great tournament
Yeah - Rodin got pipped at the post, but because both engines were so far ahead of the others, I'll probably promote them both. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
tpetzke

Post by tpetzke »

Congratulations !

One thing I noticed with Tucano that confused me a bit a first. It broadcasts a negative score when being ahead and playing black. Did you implement to display the score always from White points of view instead of the side to move?

One example, both engines see itself losing where actually Tucano with Black is winning.
81. Ng7 {(Ng3) [%eval -378,20] [%emt 0:00:41]} Rh2+ {(Rh2) [%eval -414,20] [%emt 0:00:34]}
Thomas...
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

tpetzke wrote:Congratulations !

One thing I noticed with Tucano that confused me a bit a first. It broadcasts a negative score when being ahead and playing black. Did you implement to display the score always from White points of view instead of the side to move?

One example, both engines see itself losing where actually Tucano with Black is winning.
81. Ng7 {(Ng3) [%eval -378,20] [%emt 0:00:41]} Rh2+ {(Rh2) [%eval -414,20] [%emt 0:00:34]}
Thomas...
Hi Thomas,

I must take a look. I know that I get incorrect results reported on occasions with Sjakk (and Waxman too from memory), so I do my best to try and avoid such issues.
I'll check to make sure that Tucano's games all ended with the correct result.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
sedicla
Full name: Alcides Schulz

Post by sedicla »

tpetzke wrote:Congratulations !

Thomas...
yes i show negative score when black is ahead, white point of view. I think i will add a parameter. it seems most engines show the score from side on move.
thanks.
tpetzke

Post by tpetzke »

In early versions of iCE I displayed the score from Blacks point of view (because Black was the maximizer, White the minimizer) but changed it because it was to confusing and might prevent some GUIs to adjudicate a game or worst case adjudicate it wrong (when you play against early iCE for instance)

Thomas...