Stockfish DD x64 @ CEGT 5'+3" pb=on

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ThatsIt

Stockfish DD x64 @ CEGT 5'+3" pb=on

Post by ThatsIt »

Hi to all !

From now on:
http://cegt.forumieren.com/t43-testing-stockfish-dd-x64

Best wishes,
G.S.
(CEGT team)
ouachita
Full name: Bobby Johnson

Re: Stockfish DD x64 @ CEGT 5'+3" pb=on

Post by ouachita »

Cool, we'll get Komodo DD or 1142 in the next few days so you can test it too
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE
ThatsIt

Post by ThatsIt »

ouachita wrote:Cool, we'll get Komodo DD or 1142 in the next few days so you can test it too
Sure?

Best wishes,
G.S.
ouachita

Post by ouachita »

I'm betting that K 1142 is issued the date TCEC finishes, but . . .
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

ouachita wrote:I'm betting that K 1142 is issued the date TCEC finishes, but . . .
It can't be that quick, as Mark is on vacation and the earliest he can even start to work on a release is Tuesday. We haven't decided yet whether to release K1142 as is, or the very latest update to it at decision time, or possibly both as one package. Any improvement wll probably be just a couple elo points, but you never know. Comments on this are welcome.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

lkaufman wrote:
ouachita wrote:I'm betting that K 1142 is issued the date TCEC finishes, but . . .
It can't be that quick, as Mark is on vacation and the earliest he can even start to work on a release is Tuesday. We haven't decided yet whether to release K1142 as is, or the very latest update to it at decision time, or possibly both as one package. Any improvement wll probably be just a couple elo points, but you never know. Comments on this are welcome.
A Komodo 6.2 even with a small Elo improvement would be nice and then focus on the further release of Komodo 7 8-)

Don't ask me why 6.2 in particular regards,
Dr.D

:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
A Komodo 6.2 even with a small Elo improvement would be nice and then focus on the further release of Komodo 7 8-)

Dr.D

The elo improvement already meets our minimum standard for a new release, namely 25 elo based on a direct bullet match of at least ten thousand games, so we COULD call this one Komodo 7 legitimately. That doesn't mean that we will do so.
ouachita

Post by ouachita »

Larry some would argue that, since interest in 1142 is peaking this weekend, you might release it now as DD and issue a tweaked version a bit later
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

lkaufman wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
lkaufman wrote:

Dr.D

The elo improvement already meets our minimum standard for a new release, namely 25 elo based on a direct bullet match of at least ten thousand games, so we COULD call this one Komodo 7 legitimately. That doesn't mean that we will do so.
Well,from my side of the fence I would wait for a nice 45-50 Elo improvement,that's another 20-25 Elo ahead,then I'll release Komodo 7 as a stand-alone version....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Well,from my side of the fence I would wait for a nice 45-50 Elo improvement,that's another 20-25 Elo ahead,then I'll release Komodo 7 as a stand-alone version....
Dr.D
Agreed !
Also, Larry should seriously consider adding Syzygy TB support to Komodo !
I've found that Stockfish really shines when using it, even just the 3-4-5 ones !!! :shock:
As someone who has used Nalimov TBs with H3 for sometime, I can safely say that Nalimov TBs are NOTHING, compared to Syzygy !
Syzygy kicks in much earlier in my online games which really helps...saves a lot of time in demolishing my unfortunate opponents !
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis