IPON results for Houdini 4

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
User avatar
Houdini
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:00 pm
Contact:

IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by Houdini » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Ingo Bauer was so kind to run the IPON rating list matches for the new Houdini 4.

The result is a +39 Elo increase compared to Houdini 3.
The new complete IPON rating list is given below.

Code: Select all

    1 Houdini 4                  3117   12   12  3000   83%  2838 23%
    2 Houdini 3                  3078    8    8  6000   77%  2857 29%
    3 Komodo 6                   3044   10   10  3600   75%  2852 34%
    4 Komodo CCT                 3037    9    9  3750   74%  2852 34%
    5 Komodo 5.1                 3025   10   10  2850   74%  2840 34%
    6 Houdini 2.0                3024    8    8  5850   78%  2790 26%
    7 Stockfish 4                3019    9    9  4200   71%  2861 39%
    8 Houdini 1.5a               3017   10   10  4000   79%  2775 26%
    9 Komodo 5                   2999    8    8  4650   72%  2831 35%
   10 Critter 1.4a               2981    6    7  8350   70%  2826 38%
   11 Komodo 4                   2981    9    9  4850   75%  2780 30%
   12 Stockfish 3                2980    9    9  3450   67%  2857 43%
   13 Gull 2.2                   2979    9    9  3900   66%  2861 41%
   14 Critter 1.6a               2974    9    9  3900   69%  2836 41%
   15 Komodo 3                   2972   11   11  2800   74%  2778 31%
   16 Deep Rybka 4               2960    8    8  4900   74%  2770 33%
   17 Stockfish 2.3.1 JA         2959    9    9  3750   67%  2834 42%
   18 Houdini 1.03a              2958   10   10  3200   79%  2727 30%
   19 Stockfish 2.2.2 JA         2958    8    8  5850   72%  2788 36%
   20 Critter 1.2                2958   10   10  3100   72%  2786 37%
   21 Komodo 2.03 DC             2957   11   11  2700   74%  2769 30%
   22 Deep Rybka 4.1             2956    6    6  9800   66%  2831 40%
   23 Gull 2.1                   2948    9    9  3150   63%  2852 42%
   24 Stockfish 2.1.1 JA         2946   10   10  3500   69%  2794 36%
   25 Critter 1.01               2929   11   10  2800   70%  2772 36%
   26 Stockfish 2.01 JA          2928   10   10  3100   72%  2755 35%
   27 Gull II                    2927    8    8  4200   60%  2855 44%
   29 Rybka 3 mp                 2909    9    9  4200   77%  2701 31%
   30 Stockfish 1.9.1 JA         2908   10   10  3000   71%  2748 36%
   31 Critter 0.90               2901   10   10  3400   68%  2761 36%
   32 Stockfish 1.7.1 JA         2893   11   10  2900   73%  2712 33%
   33 Deep Fritz 14              2891   11   11  2400   51%  2886 45%
   34 Hannibal 1.4a              2866    9    9  3750   50%  2867 43%
   35 Rybka 3 32b                2857   13   13  1700   70%  2707 35%
   36 Chiron 1.5                 2849    7    7  5850   46%  2876 42%
   37 Protector 1.5.0            2840    8    8  5100   45%  2879 43%
   38 Stockfish 1.6.x JA         2839   11   11  2600   69%  2698 37%
   39 Komodo 1.3 JA              2836    9    9  3300   59%  2768 37%
   40 Chiron 1.1a                2830    8    7  5400   52%  2812 39%
   41 Naum 4.2                   2829    5    5 12900   53%  2810 40%
   42 Hannibal 1.3               2828    8    8  4650   44%  2871 42%
   43 Critter 0.80               2824   10   10  2800   64%  2717 36%
   44 Deep Fritz 13 32b          2823    7    7  5400   44%  2865 39%
   45 Fritz 13 32b               2817    8    8  4300   54%  2789 40%
   46 HIARCS 14 WCSC 32b         2815    7    7  6450   43%  2868 38%
   47 Komodo 1.2 JA              2808    9    9  3700   59%  2742 40%
   48 Rybka 2.3.2a mp            2803    9    9  3500   62%  2716 40%
   49 Jonny 6.00                 2801    9    9  4050   41%  2871 37%
   50 Deep Shredder 12           2800    5    5 13850   49%  2804 38%
   51 Hannibal 1.2               2796    8    8  4650   45%  2833 39%
   52 Gull 1.2                   2793    7    6  7200   48%  2806 36%
   53 Critter 0.70               2792   12   12  1900   58%  2729 36%
   54 Gull 1.1                   2792   10   10  3100   54%  2761 38%
   55 Naum 4.1                   2789   11   11  2300   64%  2689 40%
   56 Deep Sjeng c't 2010 32b    2787    6    5 10900   44%  2829 38%
   57 Komodo 1.0 JA              2784   10   10  2900   61%  2707 42%
   58 Spike 1.4 32b              2780    6    6 10000   43%  2834 38%
   59 Deep Fritz 12 32b          2778    7    7  6300   52%  2764 38%
   60 Rybka 2.2n2 mp             2778   11   11  2100   62%  2687 40%
   61 Naum 4                     2778   10   10  2700   60%  2702 40%
   62 Gull 1.0a                  2769   11   11  2300   55%  2735 39%
   63 Rybka 1.2f                 2767   11   11  2400   66%  2650 36%
   64 Stockfish 1.5.1 JA         2765   12   12  1900   59%  2696 38%
   65 spark-1.0                  2759    6    6 10600   41%  2832 37%
   66 Protector 1.4.0            2759    6    7  7700   44%  2806 37%
   67 Hannibal 1.1               2750    8    8  4900   44%  2797 39%
   68 HIARCS 13.2 MP 32b         2746    7    7  6800   43%  2800 36%
   69 Fritz 12 32b               2745   12   12  2000   55%  2710 40%
   70 Deep Junior 13             2744    9    9  3600   40%  2818 36%
   71 Deep Junior 13.3           2743    7    7  6450   34%  2872 31%
   72 Booot 5.2.0                2742    8    8  4500   32%  2881 36%
   73 DJ Yokohama                2736   10   10  3000   35%  2854 33%
   74 Quazar 0.4                 2735    7    7  7350   35%  2855 35%
   75 HIARCS 13.1 MP 32b         2730    9    9  3600   48%  2744 37%
   76 Deep Fritz 11 32b          2728   14   14  1300   57%  2673 39%
   77 Deep Junior 12.5           2727    8    8  4850   40%  2802 33%
   78 Toga II 3.0 32b            2715    8    8  4950   29%  2882 33%
   79 Doch64 1.2 JA              2715   13   13  1600   51%  2705 41%
   80 Zappa Mexico II            2713    5    5 14850   41%  2786 35%
   81 Stockfish 1.4 JA           2712   13   13  1700   50%  2713 38%
   82 spark-0.4                  2712   10   10  3100   47%  2734 39%
   83 Shredder Bonn 32b          2710   11   11  2200   51%  2704 36%
   84 Critter 0.60               2697   11   11  2200   49%  2707 37%
   85 Protector 1.3.2 JA         2697    8    8  5300   45%  2739 38%
   86 MinkoChess 1.3             2693    8    8  5100   32%  2832 36%
   87 Deep Shredder 11           2692   10   10  2700   52%  2674 36%
   88 Doch64 09.980 JA           2686   13   13  1500   47%  2706 38%
   89 Naum 3.1                   2681   10   10  3000   50%  2675 39%
   90 Onno-1-1-1                 2679    8    8  4300   45%  2718 40%
   91 Zappa Mexico I             2679   11   11  2200   56%  2639 41%
   92 Hannibal 1.0a              2678    9    9  4200   38%  2769 33%
   93 Deep Onno 1-2-70           2677    7    7  7700   36%  2782 36%
   94 Deep Junior 12             2676    9    9  3600   38%  2773 30%
   95 Rybka 1.0 Beta             2676   11   11  2300   45%  2720 35%
   96 Spark-0.3 VC(a)            2673    9    9  3600   45%  2708 40%
   97 Onno-1-0-0                 2671   15   15  1200   50%  2674 41%
   98 Deep Sjeng WC2008          2668    7    7  5600   43%  2717 37%
   99 Toga II 1.4 beta5c BB      2664    6    6  8300   39%  2747 37%
  100 Strelka 2.0 B              2660    8    8  5500   32%  2798 33%
  101 Deep Junior 11.2           2660   10   10  2900   41%  2735 31%
  102 Umko 1.2                   2654   10   10  3300   31%  2807 34%
  103 Hiarcs 12.1 MP 32b         2654    7    7  5600   43%  2704 38%
  104 Shredder Classic 4 CT2012  2654   11   11  2550   27%  2834 32%
  105 Tornado 4.88               2652   11   11  2400   33%  2783 33%
  106 Deep Sjeng 3.0             2652   14   14  1400   43%  2706 34%
  107 Shredder Classic 4 32b     2642   12   12  1800   51%  2633 38%
  108 Critter 0.52b              2642   10   10  2600   42%  2700 39%
  109 Naum 2.2 32b               2634   14   14  1300   47%  2652 45%
  110 Deep Junior 11.1a          2631   10   10  2800   41%  2698 34%
  111 Umko 1.1                   2627    9    9  3900   29%  2789 33%
  112 Crafty 23.5                2626   11   11  2700   25%  2829 28%
  113 Nemo 1.0.1                 2625   11   11  2700   26%  2816 30%
  114 Rybka 1.0 Beta 32b         2624   16   16  1100   46%  2652 37%
  115 Glaurung 2.2 JA            2623   10   10  2600   40%  2698 38%
  116 Deep Junior 2010           2621   10   10  3100   39%  2705 31%
  117 HIARCS 11.2 32b            2617   12   12  1900   44%  2665 38%
  118 Fruit 05/11/03 32b         2616    8    8  4400   40%  2686 41%
  119 Loop 2007                  2610    7    7  7900   31%  2760 33%
  120 Toga II 1.2.1a             2604   13   13  1600   45%  2644 41%
  121 Jonny 4.00 32b             2604    8    8  5200   27%  2795 28%
  122 ListMP 11                  2601   11   11  2600   38%  2692 37%
  123 LoopMP 12 32b              2598   13   13  1500   42%  2654 38%
  124 Tornado 4.80               2597   11   11  2700   25%  2802 26%
  125 Deep Shredder 10           2593    8    8  4400   40%  2670 33%
  126 Twisted Logic 20100131x    2589   10   10  3500   33%  2726 30%
  127 Crafty 23.3 JA             2587    8    9  5200   25%  2796 27%
  128 Spike 1.2 Turin 32b        2570    7    7  7700   31%  2721 33%
  129 Deep Sjeng 2.7 32b         2545   14   14  1400   33%  2670 36%
  130 Crafty 23.1 JA             2534    9   10  3800   26%  2723 28%
Many thanks, Ingo!

Daniel Shawul
Posts: 3824
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Ethiopia
Contact:

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by Daniel Shawul » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Last time I checked a *public* competition

Code: Select all

1 Stockfish 021113 20.5 281.25        =====1 =11==1 ==1=== =11==1 1=1==1 
2 Komodo 1133      18.0 244.00 =====0        ====== =====1 1==11= 111=01 
3 Houdini 9601     17.0 229.50 =00==0 ======        11===1 ==1=1= ===1=1 
4 Bouquet 1.8b     13.5 195.25 ==0=== =====0 00===0        =1==== ===1== 
5 Naum 4.6         10.5 157.00 =00==0 0==00= ==0=0= =0====        ==10== 
6 Gull R600        10.5 157.00 0=0==0 000=10 ===0=0 ===0== ==01==        

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Daniel Shawul wrote:Last time I checked a *public* competition

Code: Select all

1 Stockfish 021113 20.5 281.25        =====1 =11==1 ==1=== =11==1 1=1==1 
2 Komodo 1133      18.0 244.00 =====0        ====== =====1 1==11= 111=01 
3 Houdini 9601     17.0 229.50 =00==0 ======        11===1 ==1=1= ===1=1 
4 Bouquet 1.8b     13.5 195.25 ==0=== =====0 00===0        =1==== ===1== 
5 Naum 4.6         10.5 157.00 =00==0 0==00= ==0=0= =0====        ==10== 
6 Gull R600        10.5 157.00 0=0==0 000=10 ===0=0 ===0== ==01==        
:lol:

Mean to say the least :wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

beram
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by beram » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Houdini wrote:Ingo Bauer was so kind to run the IPON rating list matches for the new Houdini 4.

The result is a +39 Elo increase compared to Houdini 3.
The new complete IPON rating list is given below.

Code: Select all

    1 Houdini 4                  3117   12   12  3000   83%  2838 23%
    2 Houdini 3                  3078    8    8  6000   77%  2857 29%
    3 Komodo 6                   3044   10   10  3600   75%  2852 34%
    4 Komodo CCT                 3037    9    9  3750   74%  2852 34%
    5 Komodo 5.1                 3025   10   10  2850   74%  2840 34%
    6 Houdini 2.0                3024    8    8  5850   78%  2790 26%
    7 Stockfish 4                3019    9    9  4200   71%  2861 39%
    8 Houdini 1.5a               3017   10   10  4000   79%  2775 26%
    9 Komodo 5                   2999    8    8  4650   72%  2831 35%
   10 Critter 1.4a               2981    6    7  8350   70%  2826 38%
   11 Komodo 4                   2981    9    9  4850   75%  2780 30%
   12 Stockfish 3                2980    9    9  3450   67%  2857 43%
   13 Gull 2.2                   2979    9    9  3900   66%  2861 41%
   14 Critter 1.6a               2974    9    9  3900   69%  2836 41%
   15 Komodo 3                   2972   11   11  2800   74%  2778 31%
   16 Deep Rybka 4               2960    8    8  4900   74%  2770 33%
   17 Stockfish 2.3.1 JA         2959    9    9  3750   67%  2834 42%
   18 Houdini 1.03a              2958   10   10  3200   79%  2727 30%
   19 Stockfish 2.2.2 JA         2958    8    8  5850   72%  2788 36%
   20 Critter 1.2                2958   10   10  3100   72%  2786 37%
   21 Komodo 2.03 DC             2957   11   11  2700   74%  2769 30%
   22 Deep Rybka 4.1             2956    6    6  9800   66%  2831 40%
   23 Gull 2.1                   2948    9    9  3150   63%  2852 42%
   24 Stockfish 2.1.1 JA         2946   10   10  3500   69%  2794 36%
   25 Critter 1.01               2929   11   10  2800   70%  2772 36%
   26 Stockfish 2.01 JA          2928   10   10  3100   72%  2755 35%
   27 Gull II                    2927    8    8  4200   60%  2855 44%
   29 Rybka 3 mp                 2909    9    9  4200   77%  2701 31%
   30 Stockfish 1.9.1 JA         2908   10   10  3000   71%  2748 36%
   31 Critter 0.90               2901   10   10  3400   68%  2761 36%
   32 Stockfish 1.7.1 JA         2893   11   10  2900   73%  2712 33%
   33 Deep Fritz 14              2891   11   11  2400   51%  2886 45%
   34 Hannibal 1.4a              2866    9    9  3750   50%  2867 43%
   35 Rybka 3 32b                2857   13   13  1700   70%  2707 35%
   36 Chiron 1.5                 2849    7    7  5850   46%  2876 42%
   37 Protector 1.5.0            2840    8    8  5100   45%  2879 43%
   38 Stockfish 1.6.x JA         2839   11   11  2600   69%  2698 37%
   39 Komodo 1.3 JA              2836    9    9  3300   59%  2768 37%
   40 Chiron 1.1a                2830    8    7  5400   52%  2812 39%
   41 Naum 4.2                   2829    5    5 12900   53%  2810 40%
   42 Hannibal 1.3               2828    8    8  4650   44%  2871 42%
   43 Critter 0.80               2824   10   10  2800   64%  2717 36%
   44 Deep Fritz 13 32b          2823    7    7  5400   44%  2865 39%
   45 Fritz 13 32b               2817    8    8  4300   54%  2789 40%
   46 HIARCS 14 WCSC 32b         2815    7    7  6450   43%  2868 38%
   47 Komodo 1.2 JA              2808    9    9  3700   59%  2742 40%
   48 Rybka 2.3.2a mp            2803    9    9  3500   62%  2716 40%
   49 Jonny 6.00                 2801    9    9  4050   41%  2871 37%
   50 Deep Shredder 12           2800    5    5 13850   49%  2804 38%
   51 Hannibal 1.2               2796    8    8  4650   45%  2833 39%
   52 Gull 1.2                   2793    7    6  7200   48%  2806 36%
   53 Critter 0.70               2792   12   12  1900   58%  2729 36%
   54 Gull 1.1                   2792   10   10  3100   54%  2761 38%
   55 Naum 4.1                   2789   11   11  2300   64%  2689 40%
   56 Deep Sjeng c't 2010 32b    2787    6    5 10900   44%  2829 38%
   57 Komodo 1.0 JA              2784   10   10  2900   61%  2707 42%
   58 Spike 1.4 32b              2780    6    6 10000   43%  2834 38%
   59 Deep Fritz 12 32b          2778    7    7  6300   52%  2764 38%
   60 Rybka 2.2n2 mp             2778   11   11  2100   62%  2687 40%
   61 Naum 4                     2778   10   10  2700   60%  2702 40%
   62 Gull 1.0a                  2769   11   11  2300   55%  2735 39%
   63 Rybka 1.2f                 2767   11   11  2400   66%  2650 36%
   64 Stockfish 1.5.1 JA         2765   12   12  1900   59%  2696 38%
   65 spark-1.0                  2759    6    6 10600   41%  2832 37%
   66 Protector 1.4.0            2759    6    7  7700   44%  2806 37%
   67 Hannibal 1.1               2750    8    8  4900   44%  2797 39%
   68 HIARCS 13.2 MP 32b         2746    7    7  6800   43%  2800 36%
   69 Fritz 12 32b               2745   12   12  2000   55%  2710 40%
   70 Deep Junior 13             2744    9    9  3600   40%  2818 36%
   71 Deep Junior 13.3           2743    7    7  6450   34%  2872 31%
   72 Booot 5.2.0                2742    8    8  4500   32%  2881 36%
   73 DJ Yokohama                2736   10   10  3000   35%  2854 33%
   74 Quazar 0.4                 2735    7    7  7350   35%  2855 35%
   75 HIARCS 13.1 MP 32b         2730    9    9  3600   48%  2744 37%
   76 Deep Fritz 11 32b          2728   14   14  1300   57%  2673 39%
   77 Deep Junior 12.5           2727    8    8  4850   40%  2802 33%
   78 Toga II 3.0 32b            2715    8    8  4950   29%  2882 33%
   79 Doch64 1.2 JA              2715   13   13  1600   51%  2705 41%
   80 Zappa Mexico II            2713    5    5 14850   41%  2786 35%
   81 Stockfish 1.4 JA           2712   13   13  1700   50%  2713 38%
   82 spark-0.4                  2712   10   10  3100   47%  2734 39%
   83 Shredder Bonn 32b          2710   11   11  2200   51%  2704 36%
   84 Critter 0.60               2697   11   11  2200   49%  2707 37%
   85 Protector 1.3.2 JA         2697    8    8  5300   45%  2739 38%
   86 MinkoChess 1.3             2693    8    8  5100   32%  2832 36%
   87 Deep Shredder 11           2692   10   10  2700   52%  2674 36%
   88 Doch64 09.980 JA           2686   13   13  1500   47%  2706 38%
   89 Naum 3.1                   2681   10   10  3000   50%  2675 39%
   90 Onno-1-1-1                 2679    8    8  4300   45%  2718 40%
   91 Zappa Mexico I             2679   11   11  2200   56%  2639 41%
   92 Hannibal 1.0a              2678    9    9  4200   38%  2769 33%
   93 Deep Onno 1-2-70           2677    7    7  7700   36%  2782 36%
   94 Deep Junior 12             2676    9    9  3600   38%  2773 30%
   95 Rybka 1.0 Beta             2676   11   11  2300   45%  2720 35%
   96 Spark-0.3 VC(a)            2673    9    9  3600   45%  2708 40%
   97 Onno-1-0-0                 2671   15   15  1200   50%  2674 41%
   98 Deep Sjeng WC2008          2668    7    7  5600   43%  2717 37%
   99 Toga II 1.4 beta5c BB      2664    6    6  8300   39%  2747 37%
  100 Strelka 2.0 B              2660    8    8  5500   32%  2798 33%
  101 Deep Junior 11.2           2660   10   10  2900   41%  2735 31%
  102 Umko 1.2                   2654   10   10  3300   31%  2807 34%
  103 Hiarcs 12.1 MP 32b         2654    7    7  5600   43%  2704 38%
  104 Shredder Classic 4 CT2012  2654   11   11  2550   27%  2834 32%
  105 Tornado 4.88               2652   11   11  2400   33%  2783 33%
  106 Deep Sjeng 3.0             2652   14   14  1400   43%  2706 34%
  107 Shredder Classic 4 32b     2642   12   12  1800   51%  2633 38%
  108 Critter 0.52b              2642   10   10  2600   42%  2700 39%
  109 Naum 2.2 32b               2634   14   14  1300   47%  2652 45%
  110 Deep Junior 11.1a          2631   10   10  2800   41%  2698 34%
  111 Umko 1.1                   2627    9    9  3900   29%  2789 33%
  112 Crafty 23.5                2626   11   11  2700   25%  2829 28%
  113 Nemo 1.0.1                 2625   11   11  2700   26%  2816 30%
  114 Rybka 1.0 Beta 32b         2624   16   16  1100   46%  2652 37%
  115 Glaurung 2.2 JA            2623   10   10  2600   40%  2698 38%
  116 Deep Junior 2010           2621   10   10  3100   39%  2705 31%
  117 HIARCS 11.2 32b            2617   12   12  1900   44%  2665 38%
  118 Fruit 05/11/03 32b         2616    8    8  4400   40%  2686 41%
  119 Loop 2007                  2610    7    7  7900   31%  2760 33%
  120 Toga II 1.2.1a             2604   13   13  1600   45%  2644 41%
  121 Jonny 4.00 32b             2604    8    8  5200   27%  2795 28%
  122 ListMP 11                  2601   11   11  2600   38%  2692 37%
  123 LoopMP 12 32b              2598   13   13  1500   42%  2654 38%
  124 Tornado 4.80               2597   11   11  2700   25%  2802 26%
  125 Deep Shredder 10           2593    8    8  4400   40%  2670 33%
  126 Twisted Logic 20100131x    2589   10   10  3500   33%  2726 30%
  127 Crafty 23.3 JA             2587    8    9  5200   25%  2796 27%
  128 Spike 1.2 Turin 32b        2570    7    7  7700   31%  2721 33%
  129 Deep Sjeng 2.7 32b         2545   14   14  1400   33%  2670 36%
  130 Crafty 23.1 JA             2534    9   10  3800   26%  2723 28%
Many thanks, Ingo!
Nice result for Houdini 4 Robert
Compared with the CEGT 5m3s PB list, the differences between the 'top dogs', H4, Komodo6 and SF4 are pretty much the same.
+ 73 ELO to Komodo 6 and +102 to SF4 (in CEGT 5m3s +72 and +98)
Hope that Ingo will make another exception in the future ;-)

Modern Times
Posts: 2479
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by Modern Times » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:09 pm

beram wrote:
Compared with the CEGT 5m3s PB list, the differences between the 'top dogs', H4, Komodo6 and SF4 are pretty much the same.
+ 73 ELO to Komodo 6 and +102 to SF4 (in CEGT 5m3s +72 and +98)
Hope that Ingo will make another exception in the future ;-)
Do we know if Komodo has gained 70+ Elo since Komodo 6 under these conditions ? If so, that would be amazing work.

I see that for Aser
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50289

Houdini 4 is just +21 Elo over K6. Seems that testing conditions have a big impact. I like Aser's long time control, it is very relevant for analysis purposes.
Last edited by Modern Times on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IGarcia
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by IGarcia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Daniel Shawul wrote:Last time I checked a *public* competition

Code: Select all

1 Stockfish 021113 20.5 281.25        =====1 =11==1 ==1=== =11==1 1=1==1 
2 Komodo 1133      18.0 244.00 =====0        ====== =====1 1==11= 111=01 
3 Houdini 9601     17.0 229.50 =00==0 ======        11===1 ==1=1= ===1=1 
4 Bouquet 1.8b     13.5 195.25 ==0=== =====0 00===0        =1==== ===1== 
5 Naum 4.6         10.5 157.00 =00==0 0==00= ==0=0= =0====        ==10== 
6 Gull R600        10.5 157.00 0=0==0 000=10 ===0=0 ===0== ==01==        
Well, that was not (in theory) houdini 4.
Ingo Tests have been a standard for long, and its good to see how H4 stands in that list. (Would be nice to see there SF DD & Komodo nTCEC2)

There are also public competitions as LS Ratinglist, where you can see H4 with a +32 Elo over H3 (as a confirmation of results)

http://ls-ratinglist.beepworld.de

Martin nTCEC2 was a great competition, but without offense, is not statistically representative.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:42 pm

IGarcia wrote:
Daniel Shawul wrote:Last time I checked a *public* competition

Code: Select all

1 Stockfish 021113 20.5 281.25        =====1 =11==1 ==1=== =11==1 1=1==1 
2 Komodo 1133      18.0 244.00 =====0        ====== =====1 1==11= 111=01 
3 Houdini 9601     17.0 229.50 =00==0 ======        11===1 ==1=1= ===1=1 
4 Bouquet 1.8b     13.5 195.25 ==0=== =====0 00===0        =1==== ===1== 
5 Naum 4.6         10.5 157.00 =00==0 0==00= ==0=0= =0====        ==10== 
6 Gull R600        10.5 157.00 0=0==0 000=10 ===0=0 ===0== ==01==        
Well, that was not (in theory) houdini 4.
Ingo Tests have been a standard for long, and its good to see how H4 stands in that list. (Would be nice to see there SF DD & Komodo nTCEC2)

There are also public competitions as LS Ratinglist, where you can see H4 with a +32 Elo over H3 (as a confirmation of results)

http://ls-ratinglist.beepworld.de

Martin nTCEC2 was a great competition, but without offense, is not statistically representative.
From all I read till now,Houdini 4 has certainly gained plus 40 Elo in average which is a good achievement at this top level....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

ouachita
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Ritz-Carlton, NYC
Full name: Bobby Johnson

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by ouachita » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:44 pm

I will run a 16-core, no ponder, LTC (150+?) event with H4ProB, Komodo 1142 and SF DD when 1142 is available. Interested in any input as to how to make a true ICCF-type LTC competition.
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE

Daniel Shawul
Posts: 3824
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Ethiopia
Contact:

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by Daniel Shawul » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:09 pm

not statistically representative.
That is not what is said when Houdini won it last time! Besides there are many other tests that show Stockfish, a free engine, murders a commercial Houdini.
Why would one throw away money like that when there is a superior free engine?

ouachita
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Ritz-Carlton, NYC
Full name: Bobby Johnson

Re: IPON results for Houdini 4

Post by ouachita » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:14 pm

please post the links that show the tests where Stockfish murders Houdini 4. thx. (not TCEC)
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE

Post Reply