Stockfish in Long time control.

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Stockfish in Long time control.

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

ouachita wrote:
leavenfish wrote:what they think the best current engine might be.
the answer to this question has been debated and is being debated more heatedly than the ACA. The best answer today seems to be, it depends largely on the match/tournament results you review, and/or who you ask and where their allegiances lie.
Don't forget the particular position Bobby if the the analysis of such is required....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

Would anyone venture forth their best opinions on what engine performs best under Chessbase Deep Analysis mode? My gut instinct would say: The latest Komodo for positions of a more quite or positional nature and the latest Stockfish for the more active positions (largely because it looks so deep, so quickly). And maybe if you only wanted to use 1 engine to use the deep analysis function on many different positions, Houdini 4.

Given the nature of the function, I would say time is of little importance....run it at night or when I am otherwise preoccupied.
ouachita
Full name: Bobby Johnson

Post by ouachita »

I think you should move this to a new Deep Analysis thread, where I will comment.
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

Done.