WSET (World Strongest Engine Tournament) is resumed !

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Dann Corbit, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.

What is your estimation ?

Komodo 8 will be WSET Champion
4
20%
Stockfish MZ 1.0/040914 will be WSET Champion
10
50%
The overall played results will be EQUAL
6
30%
 
Total votes: 20

Sedat Canbaz
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Contact:

Re: WSET (World Strongest Engine Tournament) is resumed !

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello Bram,

About the first game,
I think the opening B84 did not suit for Komodo 8 playing style, that's why the game is ended very early...

Best,
Sedat

beram
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: WSET (World Strongest Engine Tournament) is resumed !

Post by beram » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Sedat Canbaz wrote:Hello Bram,

About the first game,
I think the opening B84 did not suit for Komodo 8 playing style, that's why the game is ended very early...

Best,
Sedat
Yes, that can be true. But especially the game illustrates in which area Komodo can improve. Kingside attacks.

User avatar
vittyvirus
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm
Full name: Fahad Syed

Re: WSET (World Strongest Engine Tournament) is resumed !

Post by vittyvirus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:00 pm

Sedat Canbaz wrote:
vittyvirus wrote:Thanks, Sedat!
Not at all dear Syed

Btw, I noticed your Facebook message, so the games can be found:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=740

Best,
Sedat
Here's what I get:
The server requested a login authentication method that is not supported.
You tried to access the address
http://download644.mediafire.com/x6y1e3 ... +1+Min.rar , which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.

Sedat Canbaz
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Contact:

Re: WSET (World Strongest Engine Tournament) is resumed !

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:23 am

vittyvirus wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:
vittyvirus wrote:Thanks, Sedat!
Not at all dear Syed

Btw, I noticed your Facebook message, so the games can be found:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=740

Best,
Sedat
Here's what I get:
The server requested a login authentication method that is not supported.
You tried to access the address
http://download644.mediafire.com/x6y1e3 ... +1+Min.rar , which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
Ok...it seems for you Mediafire does not work (

So I uploaded the games to Sendspace

WSET 1200 Min + 1 Min:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/zg7cs0

WSET 150 Min + 30 Sec:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/kamso9

Have fun )
Sedat

User avatar
vittyvirus
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm
Full name: Fahad Syed

Re: WSET (World Strongest Engine Tournament) is resumed !

Post by vittyvirus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Thank you, my dear friend, Sedat.

Sedat Canbaz
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Contact:

Re: WSET (World Strongest Engine Tournament) is resumed !

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

beram wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:Hello Bram,

About the first game,
I think the opening B84 did not suit for Komodo 8 playing style, that's why the game is ended very early...

Best,
Sedat
Yes, that can be true. But especially the game illustrates in which area Komodo can improve. Kingside attacks.
Komodo team does need to optimize especially for the current position
I mean, (in case of using Perfect 2015 book) Komodo will never loose too fast

Note also during WSET duel,
Perfect 2014t book was free of choice at 8th moves for Blacks (the book was up to 7 moves in this position)
Komodo preferred to play one of the weakest moves (8th b6) at 25 % winning percentage

BTW,
The below screenshot belongs to Perfect 2015 (a book up to 8 moves), which is based on super strong engine moves
And next time....especially at the same position, the engines will play 8th. Nc6 at approx. 47 % winning percentage

Image

Post Reply