SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Sedat Canbaz
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Contact:

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Image

I've started a new testing on my i5-3210M machine : Stockfish 6 vs Sugar 5
As opening book both engines used: Perfect 2015s (reversed colors)

And so far after 144 games,
Sugar performed not bad approx. 12 Elo over Stockfish, Congrats to Marco Zerbinati !
I wonder also about the rest participants what will be Sugar's performance...
Right now my rest tournament computers are busy with Gladiators 2015 (60m+15s)
So later I plan to test Sugar against other participants too...

Note:
Sugar is a free UCI chess engine based on Stockfish, Author: Marco Zerbinati

Have fun,
Sedat

PaulieD
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by PaulieD » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 pm

One nice thing about this SugaR is that Marco ALWAYS provides source code with his downloads, so is NOT violating GPL licensing rules.
My tests have also shown it stronger than SF6 at Blitz!

Sedat Canbaz
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Contact:

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:41 pm

PaulieD wrote:One nice thing about this SugaR is that Marco ALWAYS provides source code with his downloads, so is NOT violating GPL licensing rules.
My tests have also shown it stronger than SF6 at Blitz!
Agreed...

Just I'd like to add,
We should not forget to mention the great work of:
Marco Costalba, Tord Romstad and Joona Kiiski

A few notes about Marco Zerbinati,
I think that Marco is another new talent, a honest professional programmer...!

I respect such people, who clearly state about the sources of their engines

And exception that Marco Zerbinati is good programmer, he is also a top book maker...
One of Playchess ratings, Marco has the best book performance
Oftenly his books were at one of the Top SCCT Book standings
A few months ago, Marco won one of the tourneys in Infinity chess server
In other words, a great man, we need more people as Marco Zerbinati!

And what a pity that,
There are also such fake (camouflaged) engines where the creators never give any info about from where they study or copy...
And they (as usual) are claiming that their engines as 100% own original work...


Best,
Sedat

User avatar
Zerbinati
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:12 pm
Location: Trento (Italy)

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by Zerbinati » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:06 pm

Sedat Canbaz wrote:
PaulieD wrote:One nice thing about this SugaR is that Marco ALWAYS provides source code with his downloads, so is NOT violating GPL licensing rules.
My tests have also shown it stronger than SF6 at Blitz!
Agreed...

Just I'd like to add,
We should not forget to mention the great work of:
Marco Costalba, Tord Romstad and Joona Kiiski

A few notes about Marco Zerbinati,
I think that Marco is another new talent, a honest professional programmer...!

I respect such people, who clearly state about the sources of their engines

And exception that Marco Zerbinati is good programmer, he is also a top book maker...
One of Playchess ratings, Marco has the best book performance
Oftenly his books were at one of the Top SCCT Book standings
A few months ago, Marco won one of the tourneys in Infinity chess server
In other words, a great man, we need more people as Marco Zerbinati!

And what a pity that,
There are also such fake (camouflaged) engines where the creators never give any info about from where they study or copy...
And they (as usual) are claiming that their engines as 100% own original work...


Best,
Sedat
Sedat too kind .. I'm just a beginner enthusiast

Regards

Marco Zerbinati

Sedat Canbaz
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Contact:

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:27 am

Last Updates:
Crafty 24.1 ARM
Deuterium v14.3 ARM
Glaurung 2.2 ARM
PikoSzachy 4
SugaR v5.1 x64

Breaking News:
SCCT has a new Leader: SugaR v5.1 x64 - Well Done to Marco Zerbinati and SF team !

Note also that,
The Elo difference between my used PCs and ARM versions is approx. 200 Elo

SCCT - All Versions:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=1339

SCCT - Top 20:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=1478

Greetings,
Sedat

Sedat Canbaz
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Contact:

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:01 am

Just I'd like to add,
So far which I tried, the Top winboard engines under Android platforms do not play at full performance, mostly of them are buggy...not sure why...

For example,
Crafty 24.1 ARM performed approx. 370 Elo less than Crafty 24 x64 PC version
Normally I expected Crafty 24.1 ARM to be rated at around 2700 Elo, currently is 2520 Elo

Sedat Canbaz
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Contact:

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Hello there,

After a lot of discussions during latest days... ;)
Finely I found free time to publish my latest rating list

Yes...SugaR v5.1 x64 is still as NUMBER ONE even after 1000 games !!

I am still shocked,
Is this can be (+24 Elo over Stockfish 6) due to Elo bar margins )?!

SCCT - All Versions:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=1339

SCCT - Top 20:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=1478


Note also that all games are available for downloading

Greetings,
Sedat

deefree49
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:14 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by deefree49 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Marco...

Any possibility of access to Sugar 5.1?

I've been having wonderful results with Sugar 5.0 - an unbroken string of victories on my machine against the strongest possible competition.

I would be very happy to see what Sugar 5.1 can do!

thank you,
David

User avatar
Zerbinati
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:12 pm
Location: Trento (Italy)

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by Zerbinati » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:50 pm

deefree49 wrote:Marco...

Any possibility of access to Sugar 5.1?

I've been having wonderful results with Sugar 5.0 - an unbroken string of victories on my machine against the strongest possible competition.

I would be very happy to see what Sugar 5.1 can do!

thank you,
David
Hi David

check pm

Regards

Marco

deefree49
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:14 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: SCCT - Blitz Rating List 2015

Post by deefree49 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Sedat -

Thank you for your efforts in testing and sharing them!

SugaR 5.1 (and its predecessor 5.0) have made an impressive showing in your matches. I'm also seeing consistent winning by SugaR 5.0 on my machine. 10 for 10 in matches against the toughest competition including Shark, Stockfish 6, Orka and more.

Marco Zerbinati is bringing new energy and adding to the recent excitement in computer chess.

Post Reply