LCZero starts with an opening disadvantage..................

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

M ANSARI

Re: LCZero starts with an opening disadvantage..................

Post by M ANSARI »

Chessqueen wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:24 pm Honestly, Leela has the worse opening that I have ever seen in chess, whereas Stockfish and Komodo use opening books that has been proven to be effective, poor LCZero has a great disadvantage even after it has played several thousands of games by itself Leela seems to be opening with a disadvantage otherwise the score could had been in its favor at the moment. Simply look at the last 12 games of Leela. I know that Leela in the middlegame plays like an alien from another planet, even after hundredth of thousand of games the opening repertoire is horrible.
https://tcec.chessdom.com/

By far the strongest that LC0 plays in comparison to other engines is when the match is set without books. That means that it plays the opening phases of the game better than any engine there is. After looking into several hundred games of Lc0, the only weakness I see from Lc0 is that it sometimes it misses even shallow tactics and that in the endgame it does not seem to go for the quickest and most forceful win.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

To kick someone out, they have to violate the charter.
It really is that simple.

You can't kick someone out for being annoying.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

RubiChess wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:41 pm You as a moderator can't you kick him just out of this forum? Annoying to read this childish bullshit.
./Andreas
the only person that talksd insulting when answering any question or post when he has more information about the subject is HG Muller. I only copied some of his answers or remarks. If you take a look at most of my post I only answer with nasty remarks after I had enough of several of his unprofessional way of posting and showing arrogance. I will post some of his remarks not all of them since it will take probably several pages to copy and paste it here, even when he posted against Pichy who was forced to leave this forum after being treated this way. Why H.G. Muller can NOT act and post like Mr. Dann Corbit and many others decent persons on this forum who are very smarts but humble and decent?

Do you get a kick out of looking stupid, or what?

Well, as you seem bent on advertizing your ignorance and lack of understanding:

Well, so you know zilch, and refuse to believe what those who are knowledgeable tell you. I see a bright future for you... :roll:

Your friend Harvey again in the mirror?

People want to pay you for acting like a moron ?!? :shock: You must be rich...
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Post by RubiChess »

Chessqueen wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 pm
RubiChess wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:41 pm You as a moderator can't you kick him just out of this forum? Annoying to read this childish bullshit.
./Andreas
the only person that talksd insulting when answering any question or post when he has more information about the subject is HG Muller.
My statement based on your first post in this thread and your answer to Guenthers response:
I knew that, I just wanted to see how people like you (know it all) would react. As a matter of fact I made a bet with my friend that you specifically would be the first to come up with a response. Thanks you for helping me win $20.00
I don't know what your personal problem is with some guys here and I'm not interested in it. But it seems you're looking for a fight here and I don't like that.

./Andreas
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

RubiChess wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:07 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 pm
./Andreas
the only person that talks insulting when answering any question or post when he has more information about the subject is HG Muller.
My statement based on your first post in this thread and your answer to Guenthers response:
I knew that, I just wanted to see how people like you (know it all) would react. As a matter of fact I made a bet with my friend that you specifically would be the first to come up with a response. Thanks you for helping me win $20.00
I don't know what your personal problem is with some guys here and I'm not interested in it. But it seems you're looking for a fight here and I don't like that.

./Andreas
Therefore,you and I, are the the same I am NOT looking for for any words fight either, and I am NOT interested. But H.G. Muller decided to start insulting and without you knowing all the details immediately you suggested to have me kicked out, plus you did not have to add the word childish bullshit. Now you get the point.

I know that these are only words,but I have a question for you? If you ever see two strangers fighting with either knife, Machete or even guns, would you try to be the hero and get in the middle to stop them from fighting? If your answer is NO, then why do you interfere with two strangers to you having different opinions on a talk forum?
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Post by RubiChess »

Chessqueen wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:27 pm I know that these are only words,but I have a question for you? If you ever see two strangers fighting with either knife, Machete or even guns, would you try to be the hero and get in the middle to stop them from fighting? If your answer is NO, then why do you interfere with two strangers to you having different opinions on a talk forum?
That's a pathetic comparison.
If I sit in a restaurant and you're shouting loud and don't stop this I would probably ask the waiter to stop you.
But you are right. I know nothing about the whole story behind and it will probably be the best to just ignore it (you) instead of calling "bullshit".

End of story from my side. Piece!

./Andreas
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Chessqueen wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:48 pm
hgm wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm I knew that, I just wanted to see how people like you (know it all) would react. As a matter of fact I made a bet with my friend that you specifically would be the first to come up with a response. Thanks you for helping me win $20.00 :D :mrgreen: :D
People want to pay you for acting like a moron ?!? :shock: You must be rich...
I knew it, HG Muller can NOT keep quiet, something is constantly eating him up, Well I am probably his punching bag to get his frustration of whatever else is wrong with him. I am NOT rich by any means, but I make approximately $7,000.00 monthly. I live moderately probably like yourself.

I do have a question to you since you are more informed than I. At the moment it seems that LCZero is playing at the same level of the latest Stockfish with over 20+ draws in TCEC. How many more thousands of games it would take Leela to gain at leat 30 to 50 rating points?
Good question. I think its rating is about 3400. It seems to have fatal flaws.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Leo

Post by Leo »

M ANSARI wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:24 pm Honestly, Leela has the worse opening that I have ever seen in chess, whereas Stockfish and Komodo use opening books that has been proven to be effective, poor LCZero has a great disadvantage even after it has played several thousands of games by itself Leela seems to be opening with a disadvantage otherwise the score could had been in its favor at the moment. Simply look at the last 12 games of Leela. I know that Leela in the middlegame plays like an alien from another planet, even after hundredth of thousand of games the opening repertoire is horrible.

By far the strongest that LC0 plays in comparison to other engines is when the match is set without books. That means that it plays the opening phases of the game better than any engine there is. After looking into several hundred games of Lc0, the only weakness I see from Lc0 is that it sometimes it misses even shallow tactics and that in the endgame it does not seem to go for the quickest and most forceful win.
That's because it is easier to beat SF when SF has no opening book. Its like LCZ needs a handicap to defeat SF. If you give SF a strong opening book like Brainfish, LCO will not do as well.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

I am sure you can configure a book for Lc0 that would easily beat SF with even its best book. Lc0 seems to be easily able to outplay SF if the position is stable and not very tactical.
Leo

Post by Leo »

Dann Corbit wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm To kick someone out, they have to violate the charter.
It really is that simple.

You can't kick someone out for being annoying.
I am 99 % ready to add him or her to my ignore list.