Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
mwyoung
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by mwyoung » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:10 am

I will be Trout fishing out of state for the next week.

Setup the latest versions of Lc0 and Stockfish to play 5m+1s all week. With luck I should be able to stay online, barring Thunderstorms.

Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Rounds - Marathon Match

Hardware 2950x, RTX 2080 ti
Stockfish 32 Thread, 8 Gb HT
Leela Chess Zero 4 threads, 9900000 NN CS.
6 man Tablebase
8 move opening book
TC= 5m +1s
Ponder = off

Live Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8IQ0CWkcc
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Take on me. foes 0

zullil
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by zullil » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:53 am

mwyoung wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:10 am
I will be Trout fishing out of state for the next week.

Setup the latest versions of Lc0 and Stockfish to play 5m+1s all week. With luck I should be able to stay online, barring Thunderstorms.
"This live stream recording is not available."

Hope you had better luck with the fish.

mwyoung
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by mwyoung » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:59 pm

zullil wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:53 am
mwyoung wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:10 am
I will be Trout fishing out of state for the next week.

Setup the latest versions of Lc0 and Stockfish to play 5m+1s all week. With luck I should be able to stay online, barring Thunderstorms.
"This live stream recording is not available."

Hope you had better luck with the fish.

It is working fine and the match is up and running. The match is at game 298 and stockfish is still bleeding elo. Now only 5 elo better then Lc0 at blitz.

Just the link has expired. The match is still live on my channel.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Take on me. foes 0

mwyoung
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by mwyoung » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm

mwyoung wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:10 am
I will be Trout fishing out of state for the next week.

Setup the latest versions of Lc0 and Stockfish to play 5m+1s all week. With luck I should be able to stay online, barring Thunderstorms.

Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Rounds - Marathon Match

Hardware 2950x, RTX 2080 ti
Stockfish 32 Thread, 8 Gb HT
Leela Chess Zero 4 threads, 9900000 NN CS.
6 man Tablebase
8 move opening book
TC= 5m +1s
Ponder = off

Live Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8IQ0CWkcc
Lc0 has 40 win
Stockfish 41 wins now +3 elo
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Take on me. foes 0

mwyoung
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by mwyoung » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Lc0 53 wins
Stockfish 52 wins
418 games played.

Thanks for the likes...
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Take on me. foes 0

mwyoung
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by mwyoung » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 am

M Match 5+1.jpg
M Match 5+1.jpg (41.64 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Take on me. foes 0

User avatar
George Tsavdaris
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:35 am

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by George Tsavdaris » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:36 pm

How many games will be played in total?
Also where i can download the PGN of the match? If not now i guess after all games are completed.
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....

mwyoung
Posts: 1603
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by mwyoung » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:21 pm

George Tsavdaris wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:36 pm
How many games will be played in total?
Also where i can download the PGN of the match? If not now i guess after all games are completed.
Match is finished. What game do you want me to post? Let me know? I have no way to post 700+ games here or on Youtube other then videoing the whole match. If there is a way for me to post PGN on youtube let me know. I have not found a way....
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Take on me. foes 0

User avatar
George Tsavdaris
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:35 am

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by George Tsavdaris » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:52 am

mwyoung wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:21 pm
George Tsavdaris wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:36 pm
How many games will be played in total?
Also where i can download the PGN of the match? If not now i guess after all games are completed.
Match is finished. What game do you want me to post? Let me know? I have no way to post 700+ games here or on Youtube other then videoing the whole match. If there is a way for me to post PGN on youtube let me know. I have not found a way....
Well i just want to attach here or in any other uploading site(e.g https://filebin.net/) the PGN of that match.
The PGN lies somewhere in your computer.


Open database on Fritz GUI and then go to mydocuments or however its called/Chessbase folder and then go to compbase folder.
There If you used enginematch open engmatch file or if you used engine tournament for the match open engtourn.
There will be the matches. Select them, COPY them, create a PGN and paste them there. And upload the file.
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....

User avatar
George Tsavdaris
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:35 am

Re: Leela Chess Zero 42730 vs. Stockfish 120719 Marathon Match

Post by George Tsavdaris » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:36 am

So no PGN yet?
What kind of testing is this if you can't provide the games in a Chess format?? PGN or CBH?
It's completely useless to me!
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....

Post Reply