Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
zullil
Posts: 5680
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by zullil » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Since both players have apparently completed their 17th moves, here is the initial portion of Stockfish's PV as it was when I terminated the search, after the game went dark:

14. Rxc5 Qd7 15. Qb3 Rad8 16. Rfc1 Rfe8 17. Qd3 Bxf3.

User avatar
Harvey Williamson
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm
Location: Media City, UK
Contact:

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:11 pm

Move 16 for white was different.

jp
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 am

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by jp » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 am

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:11 pm
Move 16 for white was different.
And which move 16 of the two did you regard as better?

User avatar
Ovyron
Posts: 2815
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 am

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by Ovyron » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 am

zullil wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 pm
14. Rxc5 Qd7 15. Qb3 Rad8 16. Rfc1 Rfe8 17. Qd3 Bxf3.
I had this variation as losing for white :)

So if Harvey thinks my 16th move was worse than 16.Rfc1, I'm in deep trouble...

User avatar
Harvey Williamson
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm
Location: Media City, UK
Contact:

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:42 pm

Ovyron wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 am
zullil wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 pm
14. Rxc5 Qd7 15. Qb3 Rad8 16. Rfc1 Rfe8 17. Qd3 Bxf3.
I had this variation as losing for white :)

So if Harvey thinks my 16th move was worse than 16.Rfc1, I'm in deep trouble...
I had both moves at about the same.

User avatar
Ovyron
Posts: 2815
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 am

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by Ovyron » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:30 am

Now that zullil has opened to sharing a PV I'm willing to open the game again. All zullil would need to do is not discarding the PVs that are shown when he gets the score that he reports, to save them to show them at a later point in the game (when they don't transpose or when the game is over.)

Otherwise, the game is private and I will not accept requests of people that have been asking or will be asking for game reports. This is between Harvey and me, or an experience to be shared for everyone, but to me it's an all or nothing deal, if only a few selected individuals were selected to be allowed to spectate it'd go against the reason the game was closed in the first place (only a single individual being able to see zullil's PVs, and that individual being zullil himself.)

Uri Blass
Posts: 8603
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Tel-Aviv Israel

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by Uri Blass » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 am

You have no way to know if only zullil can see his PVs.
The only thing that you can know is that you cannot see his PVs.

You have no way to know that zullil does not share his PVs with other people assuming the relevant people do not share them with all the world.

zullil
Posts: 5680
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by zullil » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 am

Ovyron wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:30 am
Now that zullil has opened to sharing a PV I'm willing to open the game again. All zullil would need to do is not discarding the PVs that are shown when he gets the score that he reports, to save them to show them at a later point in the game (when they don't transpose or when the game is over.)

Otherwise, the game is private and I will not accept requests of people that have been asking or will be asking for game reports. This is between Harvey and me, or an experience to be shared for everyone, but to me it's an all or nothing deal, if only a few selected individuals were selected to be allowed to spectate it'd go against the reason the game was closed in the first place (only a single individual being able to see zullil's PVs, and that individual being zullil himself.)
As I said, the few moves I posted recently were from the PV that Stockfish had when I terminated the search. I shared that final PV and evaluation with Dann for his database, and then set my machine to other tasks.

Reopening the game to the public is about you, not me---as was closing it in the first place. In any case, I don't intend to kibitz or post further.

User avatar
Ovyron
Posts: 2815
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 am

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by Ovyron » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:22 am

zullil wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 am
I don't intend to kibitz or post further.
I'm an atheist, but thank god.

Sorry everyone else for the inconvenience, I'm asking Harvey about reopening the game.

User avatar
Harvey Williamson
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm
Location: Media City, UK
Contact:

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:35 am

here is the current position. I have just made my 18th move:

I was hoping for 18. Rc2 as I found Re6!

Post Reply