Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: Dylan Sharp Vs. Harvey Williamson (G4)

Post by Guenther »

Raphexon wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:46 pm It's honestly fucking annoying (besides cluttering everything) when somebody constantly reports his eval, and egoizes that both players are following SF lines.
Both players agreed to kibitzing in the first place.

It's more annoying if a born blabbermouth clutters the whole forum with several dozens of posts per day.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Yeah, I agree with Guenther, someone should tell that born blabbermouth, whoever it is, to tone down the cluttering!

For comparison, I only average 0.58 posts per day according to my profile :mrgreen:

(if the joke isn't clear, I post less often than Guenther)
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Ovyron wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:21 pm Yeah, I agree with Guenther, someone should tell that born blabbermouth, whoever it is, to tone down the cluttering!

For comparison, I only average 0.58 posts per day according to my profile :mrgreen:

(if the joke isn't clear, I post less often than Guenther)
You should learn how to use stats better ovyboy.
Your mum would sure appreciate that you sleep more, instead of surfing at talkchess.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Please tell me how to use stats Guenbaby who doesn't even know how to use a foe list properly (you add me to it and then you don't see my posts, it's not that difficult - I guess you attentively read the posts of the other 95 people in there as well). Isn't your daily 0.75 posts higher than my 0.58? And what does that have to do with this game?

NOTE - I've actually found my interactions with Guenther quite funny, they're always like discussions taken from a sitcom like Seinfeld or The Office :lol:
Zenmastur

Post by Zenmastur »

A game update would be nice!

Regards,

Zenmastur
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Zenmastur wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:21 am A game update would be nice!

Regards,

Zenmastur
What game? :lol:
I doubt it's still going.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

I'm about to make my 18th move.

I'm still playing moves that I found within 10 minutes :P - but, yeah, at some point I spent 33 hours of analysis on a move, because Harvey had some move (he could have played a move; he made a different move) that made my tree explode, and I had to refute it to a draw before continuing. It's unlikely that Harvey will transpose to those lines, but I couldn't have lived with myself if I didn't do it and Harvey played it and it turned out I was lost.

For those keeping note, if my claims that I can predict what Stockfish Depth 60 will play in a much shorter time are true, then I predict that it goes straight into a lost line. A certain line where it goes below a -1.19 score, but the variation is lost.

There's some drawn lines that are -2.20, the problem is that if Harvey knows those are draws, he has discarded them long ago and focused on the other ones, so the difficulty of this game really comes to engines giving evaluations to the positions that are very far away from the truth.
marsell

Post by marsell »

Is this game a draw, as you said at the beginning, or not?
jp

Post by jp »

Ovyron wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:03 am For those keeping note, if my claims that I can predict what Stockfish Depth 60 will play in a much shorter time are true, then I predict that it goes straight into a lost line. A certain line where it goes below a -1.19 score, but the variation is lost.
Your "job" is not to predict SF depth 60. Your job is to draw (or win!).

We can all predict SF depth 60. Just go to SF depth 59 and that will be an almost 100% correct prediction of SF depth 60. Then SF depth 50 will be an excellent prediction of SF depth 60. And SF depth 40 will be a very good prediction of SF depth 60. And so on.

That's not the point of this game.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

The point was that if Stockfish Depth 60 is enough to hold a draw, I can't lose this game because I can play at its level, or higher (though, I was claiming it'd lose, so we go back to irrelevancy, but it would have been relevant if I couldn't find a line where Depth 60 loses.)

My claim is that if we had access to the solution of chess the position would be revealed as a draw with perfect play, but the path is narrow and that's why I need to build an enormous tree of variations.

Harvey's opinion on this would be interesting, every time he has said a side was winning, it was, and he hasn't said "black is winning" yet, so I suspect he believes he can beat me by reaching a position where I play the losing move (because finding the drawing one is hard), not because he thinks the position is a mate in X and he can find the winning moves.