CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 33167
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:32 am

The latest CCRL Rating Lists and Statistics are available for viewing from the following links:
http://ccrl.chessdom.com/ccrl/4040 (40/40)
http://ccrl.chessdom.com/ccrl/404 (40/4)
http://ccrl.chessdom.com/ccrl/404FRC (FRC 40/4)

Our 40 moves in 40 minutes repeating and 40 moves in 4 minutes repeating are both adjusted to the AMD64 X2 4600+ (2.4GHz).
However, our testers use different hardware ranging from the Q8200 through to the most recent i7's and octals. We benchmark our hardware for consistency of results.
These time controls are roughly equivalent to 40 moves in 15 minutes repeating or 40 moves in 1.5 minutes repeating on modern computers.

Please note that the three lists are often updated separately to each other. The FRC list is only updated when a new engine or engine version is being/has been tested.
Also, please note that the 40/40 and 40/4 lists are constructed from totally different databases and not comparable to each other.

Thanks to all of our currently active testers (Graham, Ray, Tirsa, Gabor, Sergio and Volodymyr). Thanks also to Chessdom.com for hosting our website.

40/40 testing this week that I'm aware of will include (with live broadcast port for TLCV noted where applicable):

The Battle Tournament (continuing 16002)
The Cat And The Cucumber Tournament (continuing 16053)
Countdown Zero Tournament (starting Tuesday 16001)
77th Amateur Series Division 1 Tournament (starting Thursday 16002)
Topple 0.7.3 64-bit Gauntlet (continuing 16063)
Axolotl 1.9 64-bit Gauntlet (starting Monday 16065)
Micah 1.0 64-bit Gauntlet (finishing Monday 16065)
MORA 1.0.0 Gauntlet (continuing 16066)
iCE 4.0 64-bit Gauntlet (finishing Wednesday 16091)
Roc 1.3 64-bit Gauntlet (starting Wednesday 16091)
Deuterium 2019.2.37.73 64-bit Gauntlet (continuing 16092)
Igel 2.0.0 64-bit Gauntlet (finishing Thursday 16093)
Winter 0.7 64-bit Gauntlet (starting Thursday 16093)
ChessBrainVB 3.74 Gauntlet (continuing 16094)
Komodo 13.1 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet (finishing Friday 16083)
Arasan 21.4 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet (starting Friday 16083)
RofChade 2.202 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet (continuing 16084)
Various 4CPU and 1CPU Gauntlets (being run by Volodymyr)
Various 4CPU and 1CPU Gauntlets (being run by Tirsa - on hold)
Various 1CPU Tournaments (being run by Sergio)

40/4 testing since the last update report has included (thanks to Gabor, Sergio, Volodymyr and Ray):

ChessBrainVB 3.74
Topple 0.7.2 64-bit
iCE 4.0 64-bit
Sjaak II 1.4.1 64-bit
Gogobello 2.1 64-bit
Demolito 2019-10-08 64-bit
Counter 3.3 64-bit
Vajolet2 2.8 64-bit 4CPU
Swiss Tournaments (Sergio)

FRC 40/4 testing soon:

Vajolet2 2.8 64-bit
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

kramnik
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 pm
Full name: Massimiliano Goi
Contact:

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by kramnik » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:13 am

These guys are weird... Why there is Sugar but not a single Stockfish in the list?
Graham Banks wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:32 am
The latest CCRL Rating Lists and Statistics are available for viewing from the following links:
http://ccrl.chessdom.com/ccrl/4040 (40/40)
http://ccrl.chessdom.com/ccrl/404 (40/4)
http://ccrl.chessdom.com/ccrl/404FRC (FRC 40/4)

Our 40 moves in 40 minutes repeating and 40 moves in 4 minutes repeating are both adjusted to the AMD64 X2 4600+ (2.4GHz).
However, our testers use different hardware ranging from the Q8200 through to the most recent i7's and octals. We benchmark our hardware for consistency of results.
These time controls are roughly equivalent to 40 moves in 15 minutes repeating or 40 moves in 1.5 minutes repeating on modern computers.

Please note that the three lists are often updated separately to each other. The FRC list is only updated when a new engine or engine version is being/has been tested.
Also, please note that the 40/40 and 40/4 lists are constructed from totally different databases and not comparable to each other.

Thanks to all of our currently active testers (Graham, Ray, Tirsa, Gabor, Sergio and Volodymyr). Thanks also to Chessdom.com for hosting our website.

40/40 testing this week that I'm aware of will include (with live broadcast port for TLCV noted where applicable):

The Battle Tournament (continuing 16002)
The Cat And The Cucumber Tournament (continuing 16053)
Countdown Zero Tournament (starting Tuesday 16001)
77th Amateur Series Division 1 Tournament (starting Thursday 16002)
Topple 0.7.3 64-bit Gauntlet (continuing 16063)
Axolotl 1.9 64-bit Gauntlet (starting Monday 16065)
Micah 1.0 64-bit Gauntlet (finishing Monday 16065)
MORA 1.0.0 Gauntlet (continuing 16066)
iCE 4.0 64-bit Gauntlet (finishing Wednesday 16091)
Roc 1.3 64-bit Gauntlet (starting Wednesday 16091)
Deuterium 2019.2.37.73 64-bit Gauntlet (continuing 16092)
Igel 2.0.0 64-bit Gauntlet (finishing Thursday 16093)
Winter 0.7 64-bit Gauntlet (starting Thursday 16093)
ChessBrainVB 3.74 Gauntlet (continuing 16094)
Komodo 13.1 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet (finishing Friday 16083)
Arasan 21.4 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet (starting Friday 16083)
RofChade 2.202 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet (continuing 16084)
Various 4CPU and 1CPU Gauntlets (being run by Volodymyr)
Various 4CPU and 1CPU Gauntlets (being run by Tirsa - on hold)
Various 1CPU Tournaments (being run by Sergio)

40/4 testing since the last update report has included (thanks to Gabor, Sergio, Volodymyr and Ray):

ChessBrainVB 3.74
Topple 0.7.2 64-bit
iCE 4.0 64-bit
Sjaak II 1.4.1 64-bit
Gogobello 2.1 64-bit
Demolito 2019-10-08 64-bit
Counter 3.3 64-bit
Vajolet2 2.8 64-bit 4CPU
Swiss Tournaments (Sergio)

FRC 40/4 testing soon:

Vajolet2 2.8 64-bit

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 33167
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:45 am

kramnik wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:13 am
These guys are weird... Why there is Sugar but not a single Stockfish in the list?
Perhaps you need to try harder by looking at the various list options.

Example - http://ccrl.chessdom.com/ccrl/4040/cgi/ ... ons_only=1
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

Modern Times
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by Modern Times » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:37 am

Well - Stockfish is number 1 on both the FRC list and the 404 list. You don't need to look very hard at all to see that.

On the 4040 list you'll see them all on the Complete list

http://ccrl.chessdom.com/ccrl/4040/rating_list_all.html
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

kramnik
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 pm
Full name: Massimiliano Goi
Contact:

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by kramnik » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Most of the important programs are missing such as Cfish, CorChess, Brainfish, the newest asmfishCP and so on.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 am

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by Ozymandias » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:48 pm

kramnik wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Most of the important programs are missing such as Cfish, CorChess, Brainfish, the newest asmfishCP and so on.
I also like to see tests with SF derivatives (CorChess in particular), but for a list containing many different engines, I think including several from the same family would skew the results, and they're already testing SugaR, ShashChess and Sting SF. They did test asmFish and matefinder in the past, but probably thought it better to replace them with new (more dissimilar) forks.

Jouni
Posts: 2010
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by Jouni » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:37 pm

No sense to test SF clones. They are +-10 ELO from latest abrok version.
Jouni

Modern Times
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by Modern Times » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:51 pm

kramnik wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Most of the important programs are missing such as Cfish, CorChess, Brainfish, the newest asmfishCP and so on.
I would say they are irrelevant. Simply a waste of CPU resource. I'm with Jouni on this.
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 33167
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by Graham Banks » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Modern Times wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:51 pm
kramnik wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Most of the important programs are missing such as Cfish, CorChess, Brainfish, the newest asmfishCP and so on.
I would say they are irrelevant. Simply a waste of CPU resource. I'm with Jouni on this.
From memory, I'm the only one who has tested both SugaR and ShashChess, as I considered both sufficiently different.
I have no intention of testing the other SF derivatives.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

kramnik
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 pm
Full name: Massimiliano Goi
Contact:

Re: CCRL 40/40, 40/4 and FRC lists updated (2nd November 2019)

Post by kramnik » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:09 pm

I would say it's irrilevant testing many SugaR versions and not other programs.
Modern Times wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:51 pm
kramnik wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Most of the important programs are missing such as Cfish, CorChess, Brainfish, the newest asmfishCP and so on.
I would say they are irrelevant. Simply a waste of CPU resource. I'm with Jouni on this.

Post Reply