The Speedy Rating List

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

The Speedy Rating List

Post by Rebel » Fri May 22, 2020 7:33 pm

The Speedy Rating List [SRL] is a new way of measuring the strength of chess engines, not by games but by a large number of positions. Rankings are comparable with the known rating list like CEGT and CCRL. The advantage of SRL is that testing a new engine doesn't take days or weeks, but only 30 minutes.

Engine programmers who want to enter the rating list may contact me via the Contact Form. The conditions are:
1. An engine that is still in development;
2. Running flawlessly under NICE.

http://rebel13.nl/download/speedy-rating-list.html
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by Rebel » Sun May 24, 2020 10:31 am

Added 9 new engines.

New entries are colored orange.

http://rebel13.nl/download/speedy-rating-list.html
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Terje
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:34 am
Location: https://github.com/TerjeKir/weiss
Full name: Terje Kirstihagen

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by Terje » Sun May 24, 2020 11:05 am

Thanks for including Weiss :)

What is the go command sent to the engines for this btw?
go movetime 1000 ?

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by Rebel » Sun May 24, 2020 3:07 pm

Terje wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:05 am
Thanks for including Weiss :)

What is the go command sent to the engines for this btw?
go movetime 1000 ?
Yes.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

lkaufman
Posts: 4217
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 am
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by lkaufman » Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 pm

Rebel wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:31 am
Added 9 new engines.

New entries are colored orange.

http://rebel13.nl/download/speedy-rating-list.html
Perhaps you could add Komodo 14 MCTS, since it is quite different from standard Komodo and all you have to do is set Use MCTS to true. It might not score so highly since it is fundamentally different from all the A/B engines, but who knows?
Komodo rules!

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by Rebel » Sun May 24, 2020 9:30 pm

lkaufman wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 pm
Rebel wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:31 am
Added 9 new engines.

New entries are colored orange.

http://rebel13.nl/download/speedy-rating-list.html
Perhaps you could add Komodo 14 MCTS, since it is quite different from standard Komodo and all you have to do is set Use MCTS to true. It might not score so highly since it is fundamentally different from all the A/B engines, but who knows?
Have it running.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by Rebel » Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Added SF2-SF10 and K1-K10 to the list.

Click on Version History to see the results.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

matejst
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Full name: Boban Stanojević

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by matejst » Thu May 28, 2020 1:34 am

Dear Ed, I would be very interested to see how Winter fares in your test. I think it has a very interesting evaluation.

Then, on your list, I do not see Pro Deo, an engine I still use, and I would be interested to see its results. A question about Benjamin and the latest versions of Pro Deo: how to set hash at more than 768 MB? In Pro Deo 2.2, the arguments w9, wa, wb... can be used, but not with newer versions.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by Rebel » Thu May 28, 2020 5:05 am

matejst wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:34 am
Dear Ed, I would be very interested to see how Winter fares in your test. I think it has a very interesting evaluation.
Will do.
matejst wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:34 am
Then, on your list, I do not see Pro Deo, an engine I still use, and I would be interested to see its results. A question about Benjamin and the latest versions of Pro Deo: how to set hash at more than 768 MB? In Pro Deo 2.2, the arguments w9, wa, wb... can be used, but not with newer versions.
ProDeo 2.2 (2016) was the last engine update, Benjamin was a fun project, okay, will add them too. Note that my (old) compiler can't allocate more memory than 1Gb, hence the limitation of 768 Mb, see the README.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: The Speedy Rating List

Post by Rebel » Thu May 28, 2020 9:25 am

Added Winter 0.8, ProDeo 2.2 and Benjamin, provisional (text) result as I adding more:

Code: Select all

    EPD  : epd\lc1.epd
    Time : 1000ms
                                                               Max            Time   Hash          
    Engine           Points  Used Time   Found   Pos    Elo   Score   Score    ms     Mb  Cpu  Errors
 1  Stockfish 11     324287  11:30:00.8  23191  40000  3242  400000  81.07%   1000   128    1     0
 2  Komodo 14        317110  11:09:21.4  22398  40000  3171  400000  79.28%   1000   128    1     0
 3  Houdini 6.03     314596  11:27:54.8  22218  40000  3146  400000  78.65%   1000   128    1     0
 4  rofChade 2.3     309642  11:24:20.2  21587  40000  3096  400000  77.41%   1000   128    1    41
 5  Ethereal 12      309088  11:30:20.9  21840  40000  3090  400000  77.27%   1000   128    1     0
 6  Laser 1.7        308178  11:29:30.5  21320  40000  3081  400000  77.04%   1000   128    1     0
 7  Schooner 2.2     306808  10:22:01.9  21335  40000  3068  400000  76.70%   1000   128    1     0
 8  Xiphos 0.6       306796  10:03:55.9  21333  40000  3068  400000  76.70%   1000   128    1     0
 9  RubiChess-1.7.2  305900  11:26:03.9  21215  40000  3059  400000  76.48%   1000   128    1     0
10  Booot 6.4        305082  12:56:19.6  21267  40000  3050  400000  76.27%   1000   128    1   124
11  Defenchess 2.2   303754  10:12:00.7  21208  40000  3037  400000  75.94%   1000   128    1    41
12  Andscacs 0.95    301560  12:10:30.8  20745  40000  3015  400000  75.39%   1005   128    1    41
13  Shredder 13      300619  11:28:47.0  20946  40000  3006  400000  75.15%   1000   128    1     0
14  Arasan 22        298663  11:27:32.7  20460  40000  2986  400000  74.67%   1000   128    1     0
15  ice 4.0          297995  11:49:51.1  20767  40000  2980  400000  74.50%   1000   128    1     0
16  Fire 7.1         296996  11:26:35.7  20356  40000  2970  400000  74.25%   1000   128    1     0
17  Vajolet 2.8      296269  11:25:51.6  20327  40000  2962  400000  74.07%   1000   128    1     0
18  Demolito 200514  295686  10:53:58.5  20429  40000  2956  400000  73.92%   1000   128    1     0
19  Wasp 3.75        293908  11:44:35.3  20203  40000  2939  400000  73.48%   1000   128    1     0
20  Gogobello 2.2    293824  11:44:24.1  20296  40000  2938  400000  73.46%   1000   128    1    41
21  igel 2.40        293056  11:28:38.5  20261  40000  2930  400000  73.26%   1000   128    1    41
22  Rodent 4         291647  11:45:03.3  19774  40000  2916  400000  72.91%   1000   128    1     0
23  Winter 0.8       291596  10:02:03.0  20057  40000  2916  400000  72.90%   1000   128    1    41
24  Monolith 2       290807  11:31:27.5  19972  40000  2908  400000  72.70%   1000   128    1     0
25  Deuterium 2019   290578  11:31:42.7  19819  40000  2905  400000  72.64%   1000   128    1     0
26  Amoeba 3.1       289712  09:40:26.2  19682  40000  2897  400000  72.43%   1000   128    1     0
27  FabChess 1.15    289296  11:50:40.2  19849  40000  2892  400000  72.32%   1000   128    1    41
28  Marvin 3.60      288732  10:48:52.8  19848  40000  2887  400000  72.18%   1000   128    1    41
29  Minic 2.25       287730  10:54:48.6  19780  40000  2877  400000  71.93%   1000   128    1     0
30  Counter 3.5      285137  11:25:20.1  19329  40000  2851  400000  71.28%   1000   128    1     0
31  Asymptote 0.8    284305  12:19:43.9  19245  40000  2843  400000  71.08%   1000   128    1    41
32  Weiss 0.10       281037  11:06:09.2  18927  40000  2810  400000  70.26%   1000   128    1     0
33  Fruit 2.3        275618  11:30:55.1  18270  40000  2756  400000  68.90%   1000   128    1     0
34  ProDeo 2.2       273793  11:29:46.3  18263  40000  2738  400000  68.45%   1000   128    1     0
35  Benjamin         271801  11:29:55.8  17985  40000  2718  400000  67.95%   1000   128    1     0
36  Fruit 2.1        270830  11:29:45.7  17982  40000  2708  400000  67.71%   1000   128    1     0
37  Ruffian 2        265592  11:13:01.7  17740  40000  2656  400000  66.40%   1000   128    1     0
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Post Reply