SPCC: Testrun of Nemorino 6 finished

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

SPCC: Testrun of Nemorino 6 finished

Post by pohl4711 »

Testrun of Nemorino 6.00 finished.

https://www.sp-cc.de

(Perhaps you have to clear your browsercache or reload the website)
mehmet123
Full name: Mehmet Karaman

Re: SPCC: Testrun of Nemorino 6 finished

Post by mehmet123 »

Amazing performance of Nemorino 6.
Has Nemorino lost its originality because it uses its own nnue network? I don't think so.
Alayan
Full name: Alayan Feh

Post by Alayan »

Its eval architecture is entirely identical to Stockfish. The parameters are somewhat different, but it's dead obvious originality has regressed.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

I never heard of the engine. Maybe it jumped in power because of NN only. I get the feeling it wont progress much now. I hope it will.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
mehmet123
Full name: Mehmet Karaman

Post by mehmet123 »

Leo wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:57 pm I never heard of the engine. Maybe it jumped in power because of NN only. I get the feeling it wont progress much now. I hope it will.
Nemorino has been participating in the TCEC tournaments which has been continuously since TCEC Season10.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Leo wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:57 pm I never heard of the engine. Maybe it jumped in power because of NN only. I get the feeling it wont progress much now. I hope it will.
Please inform yourself before spreading nonsense. Thanks.
(Hint => there are various sites where you can check existence and lifespan of all legit uci/xb programs)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

Alayan wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:17 pm Its eval architecture is entirely identical to Stockfish. The parameters are somewhat different, but it's dead obvious originality has regressed.
Nemo fails to meet TCEC's originality criteria. TCEC's criteria is quite weak as is.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Gary Internet

Post by Gary Internet »

The fact that Nemorino 6 is now the same strength as Houdini 6.03 and Komodo 14 is insane. Nemorino 5.40 finished 10th (last place) in League 2 in TCEC Season 19 and will be starting in League 3 in Season 20.

TCEC Cup 7 is going to be very interesting. It will be the first time we get to see what TCEC allows since the introduction of NNUE, and it will be the first time we get to see how man engines have made use of NNUE. So far the only ones I've heard about for sure are Nemorino and Igel although Minic and Rofchade might well be joining them.

How does Igel compare to Nemorino in terms of copying Stockfish's architecture?
Raphexon
Full name: Henk Drost

Post by Raphexon »

Gary Internet wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:37 am The fact that Nemorino 6 is now the same strength as Houdini 6.03 and Komodo 14 is insane. Nemorino 5.40 finished 10th (last place) in League 2 in TCEC Season 19 and will be starting in League 3 in Season 20.

TCEC Cup 7 is going to be very interesting. It will be the first time we get to see what TCEC allows since the introduction of NNUE, and it will be the first time we get to see how man engines have made use of NNUE. So far the only ones I've heard about for sure are Nemorino and Igel although Minic and Rofchade might well be joining them.

They're currently all using the same king-piece architecture.
Igel is equipped with a net that's trained by Dkappe on Bad Gyal evals.
Nemo supposedly trained on its own evals.
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

Raphexon wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:00 am
Gary Internet wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:37 am The fact that Nemorino 6 is now the same strength as Houdini 6.03 and Komodo 14 is insane. Nemorino 5.40 finished 10th (last place) in League 2 in TCEC Season 19 and will be starting in League 3 in Season 20.

They're currently all using the same king-piece architecture.
Igel is equipped with a net that's trained by Dkappe on Bad Gyal evals.
Nemo supposedly trained on its own evals.
Minic has an own net (built with own data and learner merged inside Minic code, thus using Minic eval and search and not SF one) but Minic won't compete in "real" stuff with NNUE nets activated for now, only for fun (not rated).