Slow Ethereal Dissolution (Booot, Combu, Defen, Demol, Ethereal, Komodo, Minic, Nemor, Nirvan, Rubi, Slow, Wasp, Winter)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

xr_a_y

Re: Slow Ethereal Dissolution (Booot, Combu, Defen, Demol, Ethereal, Komodo, Minic, Nemor, Nirvan, Rubi, Slow, Wasp, Win

Post by xr_a_y »

Minic NaNu in front of NaNe, won't last long probably ...
Angle
Full name: Aleksey Glebov

Re: Slow Ethereal Dissolution (Booot, Combu, Defen, Demol, Ethereal, Komodo, Minic, Nemor, Nirvan, Rubi, Slow, Wasp, Win

Post by Angle »

Standings after Round 40:

Incredibly fast systems miscount incredibly fast.
Angle

Post by Angle »

Final Standings:

Tournament pgn:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8q663mhs ... n.zip/file

I apologize for the lack of broadcasting at the final stage of the tournament. It is due to the problems with my XSplit Broadcasther which arised after the last Windows update :o Now it shows Arena not on the full screen but only on the quater; the ''full screen'' command doesn't help.
Last edited by Angle on Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Angle

Post by Angle »

There are many strange/unexpected/remarkable things concerning this tourney; some of them are:

1) Unexpected domination of Komodo 11.01 over other engines including the newer Komodo 12.1.1.
2) Amazingly strong result by Minic 2.53 NaNe and (especially) Minic 2.53 NaNu.
3) SlowChess 2.4 behind 2.3 (and generally lower than expected).
4) Relatively weak result of Nemorino 6.00 NNUE_net_6.
5) Impressive performance by Defenchess 2.3 dev.
6) Booot 6.4 behind 6.3.1.
7) Nice result of Wasp 4.08 dev.
8) Relatively weak result of Rubi 1.8.
9) Nirvana 2.5 behind 2.4 (perhaps, there is a bug in 2.5 since it regularly says ''Mate in +0 moves'' in the eval).

Thanks to all who followed the tournament!

My next tourney will include 'such engines as Benjamin, Dimitri, Djinn, Donna, Drosophila, ECE, GreKo, K2, OliThink, ProDeo, Stash, and some legendary oldies: Alaric, Aristarch, Bison, Colossus, Hamsters, Hermann, Pharaon, SOS, The King, Ufim (and may be some other engines).
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

Angle wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:00 am Final Standings:

Tournament pgn:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8q663mhs ... n.zip/file

I apologize for the lack of broadcasting at the final stage of the tournament. It is due to the problems with my XSplit Broadcasther which arised after the last Windows update :o Now it shows Arena not on the full screen but only on the quater; the ''full screen'' command doesn't help.

I downloaded Ethereal version 12.75, but can NOT find the exe file anywhere ?
Who is 17 years old GM Gukesh 2nd at the Candidate in Toronto?
https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... t-9281394/
Angle

Post by Angle »

Chessqueen wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:57 am I downloaded Ethereal version 12.75, but can NOT find the exe file anywhere ?
Perhaps, you downloaded it from a wrong place. Use this link, all 'exe' files (compilations for Windows) are here:
https://github.com/AndyGrant/Ethereal/r ... tag/v12.75