Build The Sky For My Dawn (Andscacs-Defen-Ethereal-Igel-Komodo-Leela-Minic-Nemori-Pedone-Rubi-Schooner-Slow-Toga-Wasp)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

voffka
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna

Re: Build The Sky For My Dawn (Andscacs-Defen-Ethereal-Igel-Komodo-Leela-Minic-Nemori-Pedone-Rubi-Schooner-Slow-Toga-Was

Post by voffka »

RubiChess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:26 am
Frank Quisinsky wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 am great results for Andscacs NNUE 0.1.
Any NNUE player will have "great" result using the SF net.
SF net ??? Should be banned from a tourney!
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Re: Build The Sky For My Dawn (Andscacs-Defen-Ethereal-Igel-Komodo-Leela-Minic-Nemori-Pedone-Rubi-Schooner-Slow-Toga-Was

Post by RubiChess »

voffka wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:29 pm
RubiChess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:26 am
Frank Quisinsky wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 am great results for Andscacs NNUE 0.1.
Any NNUE player will have "great" result using the SF net.
SF net ??? Should be banned from a tourney!
The author clearly said that it is just an experiment and he didn't want to see AndscacsNNUE0.1 in any ranking. Same did I and some others in the past. The problem is that some people just ignore this and grab anything with NNUE label like the holy grail without further review.

Andreas
Angle
Full name: Aleksey Glebov

Post by Angle »

Hi, guys!
I want to clarify some issues. First of all, it's my own private tourney and it's up to me to decide whom to put into it and whom to ban. Is this OK? Right now I'm curious about how strong new Andscacs with the (damned, provoking) SF NNUE net is. The tournament runs for (my personal) fun and its results doesn't go to any *official* rating list such as CCRL, CEGT, or FGRL. Furthermore. in general, I don't like the idea of paste-copying SF NNUE evals to other engines. In some 2-3 weeks I am going to organize another tourney which will include only NN(UE) engines and only with the original nets (at least not SF NNUE and not Leela nets). For this upcoming tourney I will not take Andscacs NNUE, BBC, Mayhem, and Tornado engines unless their authors train their own nets using their original data. By the similar reasons, I will include Nemorino 6.04_net_14 rather than Nemorino 6.00_net_6 (which is stronger but was trained using the SF data and architecture). Similarly, I will take Minic using one of the newest original nets (NiNy or NaNi) but not NaNe, NaNu, or NeNe even though the last 3 nets are much stronger. Finally, Toga III 0.2 net-0.5 will be included (which uses dkappe's toga 0.5-net and the original search algorithms from Toga II 4.0.1) rather than Toga III 0.1 NR which plays with toga net-0.4 but takes the advantages of unique and very powerful Stockfish's search algorithms that are implemented into the NetRunner.
Incredibly fast systems miscount incredibly fast.
RubiChess

Post by RubiChess »

Angle wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:33 pm Hi, guys!
I want to clarify some issues. First of all, it's my own private tourney and it's up to me to decide whom to put into it and whom to ban. Is this OK?
Completely okay. You may noticed that my first answer went to Frank, not to you.
BTW. Did you see my question in your YT broadcast?

Andreas
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Completely OK from my side.

Keep up your good work ... feel free to add in your tournaments whatever you like.
I will follow, you can be sure ... with many interest, I like your work!!

Best
Frank
Angle

Post by Angle »

RubiChess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:25 pm BTW. Did you see my question in your YT broadcast?
I don't see any comments/questions on my Youtube Broadcast. Where did you leave it? May be you can ask your question here?
RubiChess

Post by RubiChess »

Angle wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:19 pm
RubiChess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:25 pm BTW. Did you see my question in your YT broadcast?
I don't see any comments/questions on my Youtube Broadcast. Where did you leave it? May be you can ask your question here?
Question was about which binary/binaries you use for the two different Rubi versions playing.
I would expect the 0112 net playing better than the 1107 net (just did another test here and it scored ~ +15Elo). So the current opposite result may be
1. small sample size
2. binary not optimal
3. regression for some unknown reason

Regards, Andreas
Angle

Post by Angle »

RubiChess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:51 pm Question was about which binary/binaries you use for the two different Rubi versions playing.
Both nets run with RubiChess-1.9-BMI2 compile which was the fastest for my system with NN-1107 net. I didn't make a new speed test for NN-0112 net and used the same compile. May be that was a mistake?
RubiChess

Post by RubiChess »

Angle wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:06 pm
RubiChess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:51 pm Question was about which binary/binaries you use for the two different Rubi versions playing.
Both nets run with RubiChess-1.9-BMI2 compile which was the fastest for my system with NN-1107 net. I didn't make a new speed test for NN-0112 net and used the same compile. May be that was a mistake?
Should be okay. This is what I tested with +15 Elo for 0112. So it is probably just small sample size.
Angle

Post by Angle »

Standings agter Round 40:

Live Stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR73bq80PIc