6-men EGTB code

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

LoopList

6-men EGTB code

Post by LoopList »

I want to do further experiments with Endgame Tablebases. So far I only used 5-men EGTB code from earlier LOOP versions. I shared this code with Stefan Zipproth´s Aristarch (very long time ago ;-). Therefore I dont know where to get the 6-men EGTB code from? Are there open source projects, which use this code from Nalimov?

Thanks in advance!
Fritz
Gerd Isenberg

Re: 6-men EGTB code

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

LoopList wrote:I want to do further experiments with Endgame Tablebases. So far I only used 5-men EGTB code from earlier LOOP versions. I shared this code with Stefan Zipproth´s Aristarch (very long time ago ;-). Therefore I dont know where to get the 6-men EGTB code from? Are there open source projects, which use this code from Nalimov?

Thanks in advance!
Fritz
Probably you can get it from Crafty with the permission from Bob Hyatt and Eugene Nalimov. But to get Eugene's permission seems quite difficult nowadays as mentioned by others. So i fear it is a bit too late for the WCCC. Anyway - Loop seems strong enough with your new Magic-LOOP-Bitboards you mentioned on your site ;-)

Good luck,
Gerd
LoopList

Post by LoopList »

Thanks Gerd!
But I thought Crafty uses 5-men?!
I have the permission from the Eugene (from earlier test-versions) but I dont know where to get the original code from?

Which crafty version uses the 6-men code?
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

LoopList wrote:Which crafty version uses the 6-men code?
I think Crafty use 6-men for some months and probably for more than 1 year.
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

LoopList wrote:I want to do further experiments with Endgame Tablebases. So far I only used 5-men EGTB code from earlier LOOP versions. I shared this code with Stefan Zipproth´s Aristarch (very long time ago ;-). Therefore I dont know where to get the 6-men EGTB code from? Are there open source projects, which use this code from Nalimov?

Thanks in advance!
Fritz
Fritz,

I've read a query about this at the CCRL Discussion Board. Here is the link to the post:

http://kd.lab.nig.ac.jp/chess/discussio ... .php?t=552

A certain Martin Kreuser managed to build a working 6 men EGTB generator in Linux. I hope this helps.

Denis