Desinging a new Chess Engine: LimonChess

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

berkantakin

Desinging a new Chess Engine: LimonChess

Post by berkantakin »

Hello
I started to desing a new chess engine as a term project for artifical intelligence course in my university. URL of my engine is
http://berkantakin.com/chess.htm
I am currently dealing with integration of opening book to the engine.
I want to ask any recomendation of (source/book, etc..) experienced people to beginners about computer chess.
[/url]
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Re: Desinging a new Chess Engine: LimonChess

Post by Michael Sherwin »

I suggest that you take a look at Ed Schroder's web pages for his program Pro Deo. I believe that he offers book code for anyone to make part of their chess program. I do not know what the restrictions are on it though. Also it includes some rather sophisticated learning.

I also read that people like the book system of Beowolf. It is an open source program.
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
jesper_nielsen

Post by jesper_nielsen »

If you are looking for examples about how to organise the data entries in the book file, the source code for Fruit 2.1 might help you.

I found that the opening book data/code for Fruit relatively easy to understand.

The code and format is not documented particularly well, but it is simple and straight forward. You have to put a little efford into understanding it.

Kind regards,
Jesper
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

If you are looking for examples about how to organise the data entries in the book file, the source code for Fruit 2.1 might help you.
Toga 1.2.1a might be a better idea; from the version history:

- problems with internal opening book fixed