compiling winboard_X

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Re: compiling winboard

Post by adams161 »

the problem i was having was i was not using cygwin i was using visual studio and i needed a project file taht would work. I now have one, i found it in winboard_rj and i got it to compile and i'm running my own version now.

I have just made two changes so far in winboard. I added orionsknight's of the icc's code to support shatranj ( i'm working now with winboard_x as my base ) and i turned off the f9 key from resigning you.

Mike
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

Ben Lau wrote:There is no problem to compile the new version winboard source code, the attached pic shows what I have compiled under cygwin.

Thanks Ben for giving another option. I'll try compiling using Cygwin for a change. It's better to know different alternatives. As your favorite saying ,"Nothing is impossible!".
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

In my website I have a folder with everything needed to compile winboard_x with MSVC2005. Starts winboard_x.vcpj file.

http://danasah.googlepages.com/winboard_x.zip

In Folder release include gnuchess5 and some other files needed for the proper functioning of winboard.

Thanks to Sven Schüle that indicated the changes needed to make in order to compile winboard 4.2.7 (http://wbforum.vpittlik.org/viewtopic.php?t=6963)
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

You probably could use the same project file to compile WinBoard_F, as it has exactly the same file structure as WinBoard_x. Perhaps someone wants to give it a try.

Note, however, that the bug preventing WinBoard_F to properly handle Shatranj now has been corrected in the new alpha version (alpha.tst on my website; rename to winboard.exe to install). So for the purpose of playing Shatranj you don't need to bother anymore.
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

The file parser.c is not included in sources of winboard_f and I had difficult to find a version executable of flex to generate the file.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

OK, I will include it in future distributions, if this is a problem.

If you send me a PM with an e-mail address, I can e-mail the parser.c I have this evening.