JOB: Hiring chess programmer to change chess engine features

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

chessdev

JOB: Hiring chess programmer to change chess engine features

Post by chessdev »

Hi! I'm looking to hire a chess engine programmer to help me with a special project. I want to take an open source engine or two and modify them to do a few different things like play with different strengths and personalities.

I don't have any specific engines in mind at this time - we would evaluate together where to start.

Compensation would be good hourly pay and having your work impact hundreds of thousands of chess players.

If you are interested, please email: chessdev{&}gmail.com.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Erik
Chess.com
chessdev{&}gmail.com
mcostalba

Re: JOB: Hiring chess programmer to change chess engine feat

Post by mcostalba »

chessdev wrote:Hi! I'm looking to hire a chess engine programmer to help me with a special project. I want to take an open source engine or two and modify them to do a few different things like play with different strengths and personalities.

I don't have any specific engines in mind at this time - we would evaluate together where to start.

Compensation would be good hourly pay and having your work impact hundreds of thousands of chess players.

Erik
Chess.com
chessdev{&}gmail.com
In case you choose Stockfish, being a GPL software, please do remember to release the modified sources togheter with the binaries otherwise you are subject to a GPL infringment that we will persecute.

Best regards
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

mcostalba wrote:
chessdev wrote:Hi! I'm looking to hire a chess engine programmer to help me with a special project. I want to take an open source engine or two and modify them to do a few different things like play with different strengths and personalities.

Erik
Chess.com
chessdev{&}gmail.com
In case you choose Stockfish, being a GPL software, please do remember to release the modified sources togheter with the binaries otherwise you are subject to a GPL infringment that we will persecute.

Best regards
After persecuting, you may even want to prosecute.

BTW, Beowulf (a simple chess engine) has personality code.
If you want to sell it, ask Colin first.
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Dann Corbit wrote:
mcostalba wrote:

Erik
Chess.com
chessdev{&}gmail.com

Best regards

Marco has it correct! Here at Talkchess we do not prosecute, which implies that valid evidence is presented first before a decision is made according the evidence, but rather we make declarations of guilt with out evidence and then persecute those that raise any questions as to the correctness of the declarations. :lol:
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
elpapa
Full name: Patrik Karlsson

Post by elpapa »

mcostalba wrote:we will persecute.
Don't mess with chess programmers.
ppetrov

Post by ppetrov »

mcostalba wrote:In case you choose Stockfish, being a GPL software, please do remember to release the modified sources togheter with the binaries otherwise you are subject to a GPL infringment that we will persecute.
GPL requires source availability only if the binaries are distributed. If they were used in-house only, e.g. to provide a service (which is probably the OP's intention), then there is no such requirement. If you guys want to make source availability mandatory in the service-provider case as well, you should adopt the AGPL license.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_Gen ... ic_License
kranium

Post by kranium »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:
mcostalba wrote:

Erik
Chess.com
chessdev{&}gmail.com

Best regards

Marco has it correct! Here at Talkchess we do not prosecute, which implies that valid evidence is presented first before a decision is made according the evidence, but rather we make declarations of guilt with out evidence and then persecute those that raise any questions as to the correctness of the declarations. :lol:
:lol:
well said...
i'd be enjoying the humor much more if it wasn't so tragically true