Page 1 of 2

I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 am
by Dann Corbit
1. Rybka 4.1 was released (I did not find out until today)
2. Fire 1.31 comes with source code (I did not find out until today)
3. The latest gullchess (from the GIT repository NOT from sourceforge) has most of the source code errors corrected.

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:36 pm
by benstoker
Dann Corbit wrote:1. Rybka 4.1 was released (I did not find out until today)
2. Fire 1.31 comes with source code (I did not find out until today)
3. The latest gullchess (from the GIT repository NOT from sourceforge) has most of the source code errors corrected.
There's not a lot to write home to mom about in that Fire source code.

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:15 pm
by Dann Corbit
benstoker wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:1. Rybka 4.1 was released (I did not find out until today)
2. Fire 1.31 comes with source code (I did not find out until today)
3. The latest gullchess (from the GIT repository NOT from sourceforge) has most of the source code errors corrected.
There's not a lot to write home to mom about in that Fire source code.
There are a lot of bugs removed from the ivanhoe base.

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm
by Dann Corbit
I fixed a few additional problems with this build:
http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new-approach/fire.7z

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 pm
by tmokonen
GIT repository for Gull? Where? http://gullchess.git.sourceforge.net/gi ... -index.cgi has nothing.

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 pm
by Dann Corbit
tmokonen wrote:GIT repository for Gull? Where? http://gullchess.git.sourceforge.net/gi ... -index.cgi has nothing.
I guess it is SVN actually. I collected it with this command:
svn co https://gullchess.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gullchess gullchess

Here is what I was fooling with:
http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new- ... llchess.7z

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 pm
by benstoker
Dann Corbit wrote:
benstoker wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:1. Rybka 4.1 was released (I did not find out until today)
2. Fire 1.31 comes with source code (I did not find out until today)
3. The latest gullchess (from the GIT repository NOT from sourceforge) has most of the source code errors corrected.
There's not a lot to write home to mom about in that Fire source code.
There are a lot of bugs removed from the ivanhoe base.
wish the linux compile option wasn't ripped out ...

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:51 am
by vb4
Hi Dann,

Is it possible since you have spent so much time under that rock that you just might have missed the announcement of the 5-1 6 piece stat files have already been generated?? <s>

Les

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:11 am
by Dann Corbit
vb4 wrote:Hi Dann,

Is it possible since you have spent so much time under that rock that you just might have missed the announcement of the 5-1 6 piece stat files have already been generated?? <s>

Les
Yep, I missed that too. Was it in the tablebase forum?

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:59 am
by vb4
Funny !! I hope your comment was done with tongue in cheek <S>