Syzygy EGTB's via Torrent Thread

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jshriver

Re: Syzygy EGTB's via Torrent Thread

Post by jshriver »

syzygy wrote: Please do run tbcheck --compare. It just takes a second. This is not the same as tbverify.
That was a lot quicker than the run.pl -verify.

Anyway ran all the tbcheck --checksums and all ok.

KRRvKRR.rtbz: OK!

Was the last one, and was a lot quicker than md5sum. Took maybe 8 seconds to test all 4.
RJN

Post by RJN »

Awesome, I am in the torrent!!!

(currently uploading 50% more bandwidth than downloading)

Thanks a bunch, Joshua, and Ronald too, of course.....
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

Looks like this is working well.

Right now after 1 day running 7 people are 20-30% done. :)

After 1-2 become seeders the rest should fly.
RJN

Post by RJN »

It's working great, and I'm uploading at 1.2 MB/s, which should be helping.

Now we just need more engines that use the TBs, but I'll leave that to the experts!
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

RJN wrote:It's working great, and I'm uploading at 1.2 MB/s, which should be helping.

Now we just need more engines that use the TBs, but I'll leave that to the experts!
Well I plan to use this egtb in multiple projects :) While I'd like to say I will use in "olympus" honestly can't do so.. "but plan to" still working on gaviota code. Started a rant but will push to another thread :)
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

The tracker looks very nice, and just as I entered I refreshed the page and there it was... one more lech.
Ul and dl speeds look pretty much evenly matched, which is good.
IQ

Post by IQ »

Just a small note to a torrent participant:

pool-71-252-182-131.dllstx.fios.verizon.net:40527

Your client gets banned because of some faulty blocks you send (hasherrors). The following files/blocks are affected:

DTZ: KNPvKNP.rtbz PIECE 77073 FAILED HASH CHECK
WDL: KQNPvKQ.rtbw PIECE 121743 FAILED HASH CHECK

There was one more file/block, but another client provided an intact block so that i cannot reconstruct which one. This might be due to memory/disk corruption on your side. Maybe you should delete these files, and restart your client - that way you get unbanned on my and other clients. Otherwise you should check these files afterwards. As a workaround i put these files on priority "do not download", so that at least on my client you do not get banned.
RJN

Post by RJN »

Thanks, I had a power failure. The files you listed have been removed, and I restarted.

I was unable to find any other corrupted files with md5, but that will only find those that are complete. I'll make sure to check them all when the download is done.

Hopefully I will now be "unbanned", since I have plenty of bandwidth to offer.
IQ

Post by IQ »

Thank you very much. Your bandwidth is much appreciated, and i wouldn't have bothered with this if you would not have been one of the main contributors to the torrent. Now the other participants should unban you (or just restart their clients) and watch their protocol now and then to identify that third corrupted file on your drive. We are at 70-80% so another day and it should be done.
RJN wrote:Thanks, I had a power failure. The files you listed have been removed, and I restarted.

I was unable to find any other corrupted files with md5, but that will only find those that are complete. I'll make sure to check them all when the download is done.

Hopefully I will now be "unbanned", since I have plenty of bandwidth to offer.
Robert

Post by Robert »

I´m the "189-11-190-56.dsl.fnsce703.brasiltelecom.net.br" and my local stats say 1.15GB uploaded today just for WDL.
Since i have login at 11:30 UTC seems that i have a resonable upload bandwith isn't?

I'm doing well?
:roll: