stackOVERFLOW

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

wgarvin

Re: stackOVERFLOW

Post by wgarvin »

Lol.. I suppose it was you who registered on open-chess Dec 12 with the username stackOVERFLOW. Thats funny =}
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

Don't know that guy. His name is OVERFLOW, stack OVERFLOW.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Rebel wrote:Merry Christmas Daniel :wink:
Some people are Festivus observers (December 23rd), and the first part of the tradition, is the Airing of Grievances
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoirV6BbjOg

"I have a lot of problems with you people, and you are going to hear about it!"

Summary of Festivus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQFLqMyo0fo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

Happy Festivus! For the rest of us!

Miguel
PS: Since no other threads regarding this topic of pure programming and their grievances are in the first page, we may allow it. Let's keep it in one thread.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

Since no other threads regarding this topic of pure programming and their grievances are in the first page, we may allow it. Let's keep it in one thread
Yeah right. I pre-warned you a week ago I will keep on posting my stackOVERFLOW thread, which you repreatdly deleted before, but still yet you allowed me back. That says you made up your mind by then NOT now as you suggested here. You had too many screw ups to cover up, so lets pretend we are santa and say this is our christmas gift to me. The fact is a mod himself created a NEW post when it is about begging for a support. That pretty much vaporizes the only excuse you had of the stackOVERFLOW post.
BeyondCritics
Full name: Oliver Roese

Post by BeyondCritics »

Thank you Daniel, this is really useful.
Are there any other forums anybody uses?

Oliver
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

BeyondCritics wrote:Thank you Daniel, this is really useful.
Are there any other forums anybody uses?

Oliver
Finally someone who gets it :). stackOVERFLOW, among many other stackEXCHANGE forums, is just my personal favorite for my c programing OVERFLOW problems but there are ofcourse many others catering for the gazillion programming languages , operating systems etc., attesting to the fact that this forum can not possibly accommodate all of them.
bob

Post by bob »

Daniel Shawul wrote:
Ralph Stoesser wrote:I could understand if someone would complain about too many off-topic threads that spoil a whole subforum, but I really don't get the point in complaining about too many pages in one half-way off-topic thread. Doesn't seem something reasonable to complain about, because everyone is free to participate in the threads that he thinks are interesting.
There is no half-way off-topic...give it time and you will conclude STRCPY is completely off-topic. Sure it is tolerable if it was a 3-page discussion, but it went on 30 pages, got revisited in another 30 pager, and then popped up again in an originally on-topic thread. I am all too familiar with people denying seemingly un-debatable points here, just for the sake of argument. e.g. The Henk situation started like that. That is the way it works here! People make a knee-jerk reaction just looking at the opponent, deny an obviously clear point, then continually dig holes to defend it. That 'computer programing' is off-topic to 'computer chess programing' should be obvious to anyone. e.g. Other game programing forums don't allow such nonsense.
Freedom of speech
Good that you get this. All i asked was to be given same chance the 100 pages offtopic STRCPY discussants.
You can't suppress the truth regards.
I'm not a particular fan of THIS thread. It, TOO, is off-topic. Yet you don't seem to be complaining about it. Wait, YOU started the thread. I suppose that is what makes one off-topic thread OK and another completely unacceptable?

I just simply elect to not read that which I don't have an interest in. It really is NOT that hard to do.
bob

Post by bob »

Daniel Shawul wrote:Don't know that guy. His name is OVERFLOW, stack OVERFLOW.
Look again, his name is stackOVERFLOW.