Crafty 24.0

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Crafty 24.0

Post by Graham Banks »

Peter Skinner wrote:Here's a direct link: Crafty 24.0

Peter
Thanks Pete. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Peter Skinner wrote:
Ferdy wrote: Has somebody able to download?
Not Found so far.
Link on the website works here? Are you sure you don't have a cached version of the page?

Here's a direct link: Crafty 24.0

Peter
Neither of the two exes run on my AMD Phenom II X6.
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Modern Times wrote: Neither of the two exes run on my AMD Phenom II X6.
What version of Windows? And does your processor support at least SSE3?

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Peter Skinner wrote:

Peter
Windows 8, and yes of course it has that support. Previous Crafty versions you have compiled have been fine.
Jimbo I

Post by Jimbo I »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the compile! Could you also possibly make a full-featured compiled version with the skill switch?

(I still haven't learned how to compile engines myself. How hard would it be for a non-programmer to learn how to do this?)
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Modern Times wrote:
Peter Skinner wrote:

Peter
Windows 8, and yes of course it has that support. Previous Crafty versions you have compiled have been fine.
So you tried both versions that neither work? Did they crash instantly?

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Jimbo I wrote:Hi Peter,

Thanks for the compile! Could you also possibly make a full-featured compiled version with the skill switch?

(I still haven't learned how to compile engines myself. How hard would it be for a non-programmer to learn how to do this?)
If you have Visual Studio 2008 or greater, I can upload my makefiles and instructions for you to download. Then isn't just 4 minutes of your time.

Also I am recompiling the previous 24.0 release with the /DSKILL option. I simply had forgotten to re-add it to my makefiles as I don't use it internally for testing.

Peter
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Modern Times wrote:
Peter Skinner wrote:

Peter
I've just uploaded new compiles for you to try, and I've tested them on my older Phenom II x4 system. They work there, so I don't see why they shouldn't work on yours.

Peter
Jimbo I

Post by Jimbo I »

Peter Skinner wrote:

If you have Visual Studio 2008 or greater, I can upload my makefiles and instructions for you to download. Then isn't just 4 minutes of your time.

Also I am recompiling the previous 24.0 release with the /DSKILL option. I simply had forgotten to re-add it to my makefiles as I don't use it internally for testing.

Peter
I'd love to give it a try. I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express installed (but never used). Is that what I'd need to do the compile? How would I download the makefiles and instructions? From your web site?

And thanks for recompiling with the /DSKILL option!
bob

Post by bob »

Jimbo I wrote:
Peter Skinner wrote:

Peter
I'd love to give it a try. I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express installed (but never used). Is that what I'd need to do the compile? How would I download the makefiles and instructions? From your web site?

And thanks for recompiling with the /DSKILL option!
I don't think that will work. I use the stdint.h include file and I have heard complaints that this is not included in vs express 2010. I think there is a 2013 express now but I do not know if it includes the stdint.h stuff either...