Namilove 6 men complete EGTB (torrent)? Interest

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jshriver

Namilove 6 men complete EGTB (torrent)? Interest

Post by jshriver »

I'm curious how many people here are interested in that dataset.

It's really for older engines, or engines that haven't already migrated to sygyny or scorpio bitbases (which I already give freely).

It's like a 1.2-1.4 TB dataset. But given cheap storage "finally" I'm willing to make a torrent and seed it.

Already have it duplicated on 2 systems, in case of hardware failure.

P.S. If SO how would you like me to split it?
Kirill was instrumental in the Nalimov EGTB dataset, heck how I filled my holes. But as I plan to keep my torrent site up for YEARS (ty contributors), want to add to it.

-Josh
Zenmastur

Re: Namilove 6 men complete EGTB (torrent)? Interest

Post by Zenmastur »

I already have a copy, but I'm wondering why you are using torrents. I found that eMule is much faster if you have a good internet connection. It took me about three-four weeks to down load the entire set. In return, I have kept my emule running with this set loaded most of the time. I don't limit the down load speed so, if it's not to busy it will up load at 2 megabytes a second. If you are downloading from multiple sources and have a fast connection this is the way to go I think.

Regards,

Forrest
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.