Help with the .ini file configuration

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fantasmadel50

Help with the .ini file configuration

Post by fantasmadel50 »

I have a manually configured .ini file, for windows 10 64 bits, engine chosen raubfish.

1) I have my engine unzipped in the tests folder.

2) The cerebellum book in documents

3) The book .bin in documents

Have doubts about the ini syntax of the symbols?

Polyglot .exe in the program and I get an error that I do not take the engine. !!

I want it to use it in an uci program, but that does not allow me to configure uci options.

I would like to know if your construction is correct or something is missing, especially the syntax?

Thanks since now.

Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: Help with the .ini file configuration

Post by Guenther »

fantasmadel50 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 pm I have a manually configured .ini file, for windows 10 64 bits, engine chosen raubfish.

1) I have my engine unzipped in the tests folder.

2) The cerebellum book in documents

3) The book .bin in documents

Have doubts about the ini syntax of the symbols?

Polyglot .exe in the program and I get an error that I do not take the engine. !!

I want it to use it in an uci program, but that does not allow me to configure uci options.

I would like to know if your construction is correct or something is missing, especially the syntax?

Thanks since now.

The screenshot is so small I doubt anyone can read it. Why can't you post text?
Moreover Raubfisch is just an illegal Stockfish Dev or an Asmfish Dev (no sources!), which makes me not keen to help.
Probably the post should be moved to Engine Origins anyway.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

I would appreciate your help if you can offer it to me !!

fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

I repeat I am in windows 10 by 64 bits.

1) The engine is raubfish but it could be anyone I put an example, since it was the one I had on hand!

2) Doubt about LOG FILE, is it correct?

3) Do you doubt the syntax of the .ini file?

4) In the bottom view, POLYGLOT2.3 + ARCHIVE .INI + MOTOR is shown, all together in the same folder. !!

5) In directory engine I can put it like this, engine directory =. ?

6) The quotes are necessary for the symbols /; ?

Thanks for being able to help me.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

fantasmadel50 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 pm I want it to use it in an uci program, but that does not allow me to configure uci options.
I doubt very much you cannot configure options, if you use an UI which talks uci.

(of course the polyglot ini file you showed contains lots of errors, but it makes no sense to try
to repair it, if you don't know why to use it in the first place)

Also you don't seem to have understood the readme which comes with Raubfisch in several places.
Just one example: you don't need to configure anything for cerebellum, because it is read automatically,
if it is in the same folder with the original name...

Further on it seems you mix up polyglot and engine options and I cannot help you here, because
the raubfish thing immediately crashes here, probably being popcount only)

BTW posting the content of a text file as picture is kind of a perversion and makes help more difficult ;-)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

Guenther wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:04 am
fantasmadel50 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 pm I want it to use it in an uci program, but that does not allow me to configure uci options.
I doubt very much you cannot configure options, if you use an UI which talks uci.

(of course the polyglot ini file you showed contains lots of errors, but it makes no sense to try
to repair it, if you don't know why to use it in the first place)

Also you don't seem to have understood the readme which comes with Raubfisch in several places.
Just one example: you don't need to configure anything for cerebellum, because it is read automatically,
if it is in the same folder with the original name...

Further on it seems you mix up polyglot and engine options and I cannot help you here, because
the raubfish thing immediately crashes here, probably being popcount only)

BTW posting the content of a text file as picture is kind of a perversion and makes help more difficult ;-)
1) Thank you very much for answering.

2) Obviously the file has errors, that's precisely why I publish the subject and ask for help from people who know much more than me like you eg.

3) The readme of raubfish if I read it, if I wrote a route in the polyglot section, it must be that the book I have it out of the folder, do not you think!

4) The raubfish engine can read up to 3 books, ctg, .bin classic and polyglot cerebellum.

5) But in the polyglot section you can only establish a polyglot book for what I understand.

and in the engine section the classic .bin book.

6) It seems that we have translation problems and we are not communicating well!

The use of polyglot I can read it anywhere and I know what it is for!
Clarify that I want to use it as an uci adapter, in a program that does not allow me to configure or gives me the option of configuring total uci options if not partial.

Understand now!

7) I thank you for your time, but it seems that instead of having a patient, supportive attitude, with those people who know less than you, the only thing you did was to criticize.

Greetings very kind for everything.
tpoppins

Post by tpoppins »

1) EngineDir can indeed be set to ".", which would mean the engine is in the same folder/dir as Polyglot
2) Log=falce -> Log=false
3) LogFile=polyglot.log
No space after "=", shouldn't matter if you have logging disabled, though
4) Hash=512
No space after "=".
5)"OneBook=true" -> OwnBook=true

You can copy-and-paste contents of text files into your post, then select those contents within your post and click the </> button. That will post your text selection as code.
Tirsa Poppins
CCRL
fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

tpoppins wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:01 am 1) EngineDir can indeed be set to ".", which would mean the engine is in the same folder/dir as Polyglot
2) Log=falce -> Log=false
3) LogFile=polyglot.log
No space after "=", shouldn't matter if you have logging disabled, though
4) Hash=512
No space after "=".
5)"OneBook=true" -> OwnBook=true

You can copy-and-paste contents of text files into your post, then select those contents within your post and click the </> button. That will post your text selection as code.
Thank you very much Mr. tpoppins, you have always had a much more generous and supportive actitus to help others

Thank you so much.
tpoppins

Post by tpoppins »

You're welcome.

Don't take Guenther's posts in this thread the wrong way: in my experience he's been very helpful as well, besides knowing a lot more than I do.
Tirsa Poppins
CCRL
fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

tpoppins wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:29 pm You're welcome.

Don't take Guenther's posts in this thread the wrong way: in my experience he's been very helpful as well, besides knowing a lot more than I do.

I get it.!!

The important thing is not only the knowledge, but as humanly we can transmit and share the knowledge, many times this is really difficult!

You are not the first time that you help others with patience and wisdom. !!

Thank you.