GM style tuning

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

xr_a_y

GM style tuning

Post by xr_a_y »

Minic being now near GM level, i'd like to try to give it a "personality" feature based on some GM style.
Does somebody already has a collection of position extracted from GM games sorted by GM and "ready" to be used for tuning (so a list of fen by GM with an extended comment for win/lose ?

I guess Rodent is already using this kind of stuff to be tuned ?
Ferdy

Re: GM style tuning

Post by Ferdy »

xr_a_y wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm Minic being now near GM level, i'd like to try to give it a "personality" feature based on some GM style.
Does somebody already has a collection of position extracted from GM games sorted by GM and "ready" to be used for tuning (so a list of fen by GM with an extended comment for win/lose ?

I guess Rodent is already using this kind of stuff to be tuned ?
I tried this before, I think it was Fischer, Capablanca and Morphy, I use the move approach, adjust eval parameter values, test it with gm epd and count the move that match the gm move, if it is high save it as current best, then adjust param values again, test it and so on. I still have the Morphy test suite found at https://sites.google.com/view/cdrill/personality/tuning.

epd would look like this.

Code: Select all

4r1k1/p3r1q1/1p1p4/2pP1ppB/4n3/1P1QP1P1/P5P1/4R1KR b - - c0 "e8f8";
This method can also be used using the position and moves from a stronger engine.
xr_a_y

Re: GM style tuning

Post by xr_a_y »

Good idea, didn't think about the "move" approach. Thanks