Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
elpapa
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Sweden
Full name: Patrik Karlsson

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by elpapa » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Joost Buijs wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:58 pm
elpapa wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:49 pm
Joost Buijs wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:20 pm
Yesterday I bought some loudspeaker cable, there was an arrow on in, the guy told me that the arrow should point in the direction of the loudspeaker because the the signal goes from the amplifier to the speaker, of course I told him this is complete nonsense and the guy got really mad at me.
Actually he was right. I read about this recently and it has something to do with the shielding.
NONSENSE!!!

You also have people buying van den Hul cinch cables 75cm. long for 750 euro's each, and they can actually hear it. Don't let me laugh.
These are the same people saying that tube amplifiers are better than solid-state amplifiers.

The only important thing for a loudspeaker cable is that it has low resistance.

If you can't measure it, you certainly can't hear it.
I wouldn't know about that, but if this is what the manufacturers recommend I think it's unfair to call the sales person incompetent for pointing it out.

Henk
Posts: 5742
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by Henk » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:17 pm

0xc0000021a

Sorry i missed the c

Yes i had to stick to Windows 8
Netter downgrade to Windows 7

New version means you need better hardware

And why dimt they preventie update when lousy hardware
Instead of making iT crash
I already reverted back to previous version
But did not work

If you had no problems in the past then you get less
Cautious

Henk
Posts: 5742
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by Henk » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Have you seen YouTube video where a dog attacked when trainer wanted to touch his food

Joost Buijs
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 am
Location: Almere, The Netherlands

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by Joost Buijs » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:25 pm

elpapa wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:08 pm
Joost Buijs wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:58 pm
elpapa wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:49 pm
Joost Buijs wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:20 pm
Yesterday I bought some loudspeaker cable, there was an arrow on in, the guy told me that the arrow should point in the direction of the loudspeaker because the the signal goes from the amplifier to the speaker, of course I told him this is complete nonsense and the guy got really mad at me.
Actually he was right. I read about this recently and it has something to do with the shielding.
NONSENSE!!!

You also have people buying van den Hul cinch cables 75cm. long for 750 euro's each, and they can actually hear it. Don't let me laugh.
These are the same people saying that tube amplifiers are better than solid-state amplifiers.

The only important thing for a loudspeaker cable is that it has low resistance.

If you can't measure it, you certainly can't hear it.
I wouldn't know about that, but if this is what the manufacturers recommend I think it's unfair to call the sales person incompetent for pointing it out.
Well, maybe I was a bit harsh, I'm sorry for that. The point is that manufacturers want you to buy their stuff and sales people just tell you what the manufacturer tells them. I didn't mean to say that sales people are incompetent to sell stuff, but most of them have no clue about the tech behind the stuff they sell.

It's just like medical doctors giving you a prescription drug because the pharmaceutical companies tell them it is good for you.

Joost Buijs
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 am
Location: Almere, The Netherlands

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by Joost Buijs » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Henk wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:17 pm
0xc0000021a

Sorry i missed the c

Yes i had to stick to Windows 8
Netter downgrade to Windows 7

New version means you need better hardware

And why dimt they preventie update when lousy hardware
Instead of making iT crash
I already reverted back to previous version
But did not work

If you had no problems in the past then you get less
Cautious
Henk

I don't know where you live in the Netherlands, I thought it is somewhere in Brabant, if you can manage to get that laptop over to my house I'm willing to help you to get it back up and running again. Most of the stuff you need I have over here and I don't ask anything for it, only if we need to replace something you have to take care of that. If this is of interest to you, just send me a PM.

Why I'm offering this to you is because I think you are a fan of 'Jefferson Airplane'.
'When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go' etc.

elpapa
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Sweden
Full name: Patrik Karlsson

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by elpapa » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:57 pm

Joost Buijs wrote: Well, maybe I was a bit harsh, I'm sorry for that. The point is that manufacturers want you to buy their stuff and sales people just tell you what the manufacturer tells them. I didn't mean to say that sales people are incompetent to sell stuff, but most of them have no clue about the tech behind the stuff they sell.

It's just like medical doctors giving you a prescription drug because the pharmaceutical companies tell them it is good for you.
This is true.

Henk
Posts: 5742
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by Henk » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:25 pm

Already payed 50 euro to let computer shop fix my pc
Probably that was a misstaken fit iunderstand now that best option is to buy a nee ome

Have to wait at least a week before they comw with diagnose

Being foolish

Only advantage is that after fix i still can use word
From Office

Doubt if i can install that on a new pc because key is from2013

Also old pc had anti virus software
Maybe fit new pc i have to pay extra got anti virus software

My plan was to buy new pc Evert 10 years
But maybe that plan is outdated

I think if computershop diagnoses iT as unreparable
I bettet accept that

They repair pc’s Every day so they should be experts
Unless there best repairman
Left


Ome week withouten computer terrible but doable
Hope i donot get bored or worse problems because i cant write digital letters now

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by Guenther » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:33 pm

Henk wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:25 pm
Already payed 50 euro to let computer shop fix my pc
Probably that was a misstaken fit iunderstand now that best option is to buy a nee ome

Have to wait at least a week before they comw with diagnose

Being foolish

Only advantage is that after fix i still can use word
From Office

Doubt if i can install that on a new pc because key is from2013

Also old pc had anti virus software
Maybe fit new pc i have to pay extra got anti virus software

My plan was to buy new pc Evert 10 years
But maybe that plan is outdated

I think if computershop diagnoses iT as unreparable
I bettet accept that

They repair pc’s Every day so they should be experts
Unless there best repairman
Left


Ome week withouten computer terrible but doable
Hope i donot get bored or worse problems because i cant write digital letters now
I really think that with bluescreens starting you most probably have some hardware issue (may be even just on top of a further windows problem)
Current foe list count : [91]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

Henk
Posts: 5742
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by Henk » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi hi hi Windows 10 does not Backup registry anymore
I heard

So automatic repair does not repair anything in registry

MikeB
Posts: 3289
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: Severe windows 10 problems. What to do?

Post by MikeB » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Henk wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:39 am
Shop tries to repair my computer
Already lost 50eur
Have to wait at least a week
so now i donot have a computer
Only this mobile
Cannot even read e-mail or send e-mail
Mauve possible but donot know hoe
Only have pop server
Account
I believe most phones today can handle pop email accounts . Should not be hard to setup. I have one email account ( a private domain with mailserver ) and even those emails I can get on my iPhone.

Post Reply