13th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

CRoberson

13th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships

Post by CRoberson »

In order to schedule this for the largest potential participation, I'd like all potential participants to inform me of the weekends
that you can NOT participate on. From this, I'll create a list of dates left and then we'll vote on the date.

We are discussing weekends between Oct 5 and Dec 21 (inclusive):
Oct 5,6; Oct 12,13; Oct 19,20;
Nov 2,3; Nov 9,10; Nov 16,17; Nov 23,24; Nov 30, Dec 1
Dec 7,8; Dec 14,15; Dec 21,22

To start, the weekend of Oct 26/27 is not possible for me.

Respond to this thread in the General section for your input.

Best regards,
Charles
CRoberson

Re: 13th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships

Post by CRoberson »

Ok, there haven't been any new constraints that don't agree with the current ones.

So, the dates to vote on are:
Nov 9,10
Nov 16,17
Dec 7,8
Dec 21,22

I think that Dec 21,22 is likely a busy weekend for most but if that is what everybody wants then...

You may vote on the General topics thread like this one, message me, or email me.

Note to all: programs of all strengths allowed. It will be good learning to watch your engines compete with all and chat with the other authors.

Charles
D Sceviour

Post by D Sceviour »

Could you supply more information about this tournament? Is there a link to your website? Is there a fee for entry? Are you testing the programs yourself or are the users expected to log on the ICS?

Polls are not visible on my version of TalkChess. How do expect to collect the votes?
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

D Sceviour wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:49 pm Could you supply more information about this tournament? Is there a link to your website? Is there a fee for entry? Are you testing the programs yourself or are the users expected to log on the ICS?

Polls are not visible on my version of TalkChess. How do expect to collect the votes?
The tournament is free. Each entrant supplies their own hardware of anything that can buy, create, borrow ....
It is usually held on ICC and they have supplied free temporary accounts for the entrants.
Web site for the previous events is http://aigames.net/ACCA/ACCAWCRCC/WCRCC.html

There is more to this than the average tournament. There is a high presence of the program authors (old and new) so lots of technical talk. For newbies lots of learning.

Charles
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

The voting has finished and the weekend will be that of Dec 7/8.

The web pages will be up soon. You should get your ICC temp account soon to test your connections....

Remember: the program that finishes last is the one that doesn't enter.

Best regards,

Charles
JimmyRustles
Full name: Steven Griffin

Post by JimmyRustles »

Hi Charles,

I'm interesting in entering my engine Raven into this tournament but the entrance requirements say:

Entering programs must be by an established author with a tournament track record. Completely new programs from unknown authors will not be allowed. There are numerous online/offline tournaments to establish a track record: HGM's monthly, FICS monthly, WBEC, CCRL, Open War, ....

As for the tournament track record, the only tournaments that Raven has played in are two engine tournaments on Lichess and one CCRL Division 9 tournament, and it's currently playing in the CCRL Division 8 tournament. Would that be enough of a tournament track record to enter my engine?

Thanks,
Steve
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

JimmyRustles wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:16 pm Hi Charles,

I'm interesting in entering my engine Raven into this tournament but the entrance requirements say:

Entering programs must be by an established author with a tournament track record. Completely new programs from unknown authors will not be allowed. There are numerous online/offline tournaments to establish a track record: HGM's monthly, FICS monthly, WBEC, CCRL, Open War, ....

As for the tournament track record, the only tournaments that Raven has played in are two engine tournaments on Lichess and one CCRL Division 9 tournament, and it's currently playing in the CCRL Division 8 tournament. Would that be enough of a tournament track record to enter my engine?

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve,
Yes.
Charles
JimmyRustles
Full name: Steven Griffin

Post by JimmyRustles »

Thanks Charles.
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Registration is open and web pages are up at http://aigames.net/ACCA/ACCAWCRCC/2019A ... WCRCC.html

Charles
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Only days left to register.
Current entries range in rating from 1800 - 3600.

Enter soon, get a free temp ICC account and enjoy testing on ICC and the tournament.

http://aigames.net/ACCA/ACCAWCRCC/2019A ... CPart.html