Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

Hi,
Can anyone try to create the first version of chess engine of Real Ancient Indian Chess of 10x10 = 100 blocks. Current version has 8x8 = 64 blocks.

It is limited to only few people, but is more demanding in terms of IQ and calculations. You will need to have penetration power of controlling, surrender, agreement etc on this version of chess.

Anyone who can work on this ancient chess version may take advantage for prospective market in near future as it becomes gradually famous.

Anyone insights or help in getting it done and atleast its first night version ever to be released.

Regards
Satyendra
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma
satyendrainbhopal

Re: Eschecs, a simple GUI written in Pascal

Hi,
Can anyone try to create the first version of chess engine of Real Ancient Indian Chess of 10x10 = 100 blocks. Current version has 8x8 = 64 blocks.

It is limited to only few people, but is more demanding in terms of IQ and calculations. You will need to have penetration power of controlling, surrender, agreement etc on this version of chess.

Anyone who can work on this ancient chess version may take advantage for prospective market in near future as it becomes gradually famous.

Anyone insights or help in getting it done and atleast its first night version ever to be released.

Regards
Satyendra
•••••••••
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Chances are that the general variant-playing engines (like Fairy-Max, Sjaak II, Nebiyu) can already be configured to play it. But I have never heard of it, and you didn't tell us where we can find a description of the rules.
AshwaniRathee
Full name: Ashwani Rathee

Re: Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Post by AshwaniRathee »

I am very much interested in helping because i was thinking something similiar.I am new to chess programming but I would like to help you,as it will be a good learning experience for me. :D
satyendrainbhopal

So which Programming Language or framework would you be using. You can call me at 8602006055 or skype me at shuklasa
•••••••••
hgm

Post by hgm »

You posted this before, and I will say the same thing again:

As long as you fail to divulge the rules of that game, you will never know how many engines already can play it, or what would be needed to make one that plays it.
satyendrainbhopal

hgm wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:13 pm You posted this before, and I will say the same thing again:

As long as you fail to divulge the rules of that game, you will never know how many engines already can play it, or what would be needed to make one that plays it.
Thank you for giving your time.

You are correct, but as I already mentioned that current version of chess engines are not smart enough to play the real ancient version. Current ELO ratings are miniscule.

In fact fully matured AI chess engine can beat humans. I am documenting the rules of real ancient version of chess.
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

[Moderation] I moved some postings from the Echecs-GUI thread here to prevent duplicating the discussion.
hgm wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:38 am Chances are that the general variant-playing engines (like Fairy-Max, Sjaak II, Nebiyu) can already be configured to play it. But I have never heard of it, and you didn't tell us where we can find a description of the rules.
hgm wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:38 am Chances are that the general variant-playing engines (like Fairy-Max, Sjaak II, Nebiyu) can already be configured to play it. But I have never heard of it, and you didn't tell us where we can find a description of the rules.
Ah I got your point, this comment was posted by me in this thread as my previous post was not showing up, or may be I lost the track.

I will be sharing the rules in next coming week. My Windows CHM file got corrupted and just just the software fized by HelpNDoc community.

Cheers,
•••••••••
hgm

Post by hgm »

Even the simplest Chess engines nowadays can beat humans. Even Fairy-Max is very hard to beat for a club player in normal Chess. And Nebiyu is far stronger.

What would be the point of having a 3600-rated engine, if the strongest human would be 2100 Elo, and 2500-rated engines are available?
satyendrainbhopal

Believe me that in Shadyantra (6 systems), chess engines cannot be victorious.. Impossible, it lacks cunningness, conspiracy, control etc because there is nothing in todays version. I could not get time since last 14 years. My wife knows it sinxe last 10 years and forced me to make it open for public..

This game is Of ethics and within war rules and regulations which currently followed in real world
•••••••••