Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ferdy

Re: Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Post by Ferdy »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:31 am Castle starts from 0 and ends at infinite.
Similarly, cease fire starts from 0 and ends at infinite..
It is my personal opinion that:
1 to 10 does not make sense.
A to j also does not make sense.
The board is currently 10x10. The row coordinates 1 to 10 and the column coordinates a to j are there for move notations so we can easily review the games.

Possible king moves:

a) To move a king from E9 to D10 (entering his palace or castle zone as self-driven) the program or engine or human notation could be e9d10.
The from_square is e9 and the to_square is d10.

b) To move a king by swap or castle move with Adviser/ArthShastri (as far as I understand), the move is: e9e10. Done only once.
The from_square is e9 and the to_square is e10. They just swap places. After that move, the Adviser will be in e9 square (onto the war zone and managing the forces) and the king will be in e10 square (keeping himself safe and guarding its palace in case the opponent's king will attempt to enter it).

Does that make sense? Or perhaps you have a standard way of recording games?
satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

Ferdy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:38 am
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:31 am Castle starts from 0 and ends at infinite.
The board is currently 10x10. The row coordinates 1 to 10 and the column coordinates a to j are there for move notations so we can easily review the games.

Possible king moves:

a) To move a king from E9 to D10 (entering his palace or castle zone as self-driven) the program or engine or human notation could be e9d10.

b) To move a king by swap or castle move with Adviser/ArthShastri (as far as I understand), the move is: e9e10. Done only once.
The from_square is e9 and the to_square is e10. They just swap places. After that move, the Adviser will be in e9 square (onto the war zone and managing the forces) and the king will be in e10 square (keeping himself safe and guarding its palace in case the opponent's king will attempt to enter it).

Lets discuss (a). Please make sure that king when decides to enter the palace on his own then at war zone Rajrishi and Deputy(arthshashtri) are present. King cannot leave the war zone without balanced king... otherwise its good..

For point 2 castling is very flexible. King has to be in touch with deputy. Deputy cannot take the placr of the king. Deputy can protect the king first on front or back or forward. This protection may be 1 step 2 step or orthogonal. Once king is protected then king can smoothly go back to castle on any of the location as 1 step diogonal or vertical..
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma
satyendrainbhopal

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:51 am

Possible king moves:

Lets discuss (a). Please make sure that king when decides to enter the palace on his own then at war zone Rajrishi and Deputy(arthshashtri) are present. King cannot leave the war zone without balanced king... otherwise its good..

For point 2 castling is very flexible. King has to be in touch with deputy. Deputy cannot take the placr of the king. Deputy can protect the king first on front or back or forward. This protection may be 1 step 2 step or orthogonal. Once king is protected then king can smoothly go back to castle on any of the location as 1 step diogonal or vertical..
Now (b) part which is castling:

(b.1) Let say King is in e9 and AS is in e10. Castling chances are:

[ AS d9, K d10 or K e10 or Kf10 ]
[ AS f9, K d10 or K e10 or Kf10 ]

(b.2) Let say King is in e9 and AS is in f10. Castling chances are:

In both the situations king should be touching the deputy. Rajrishi must be present in warzone because Arthshastri is entring into new zone and it cannot enter anyzone where RajRishi is not present....
•••••••••
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Possible king moves:

Ahh right, I had actually been trying to break down the king movements here.
https://dynalist.io/d/TQqfpY-5UZI2682xSVhV-Hbc
See item 4.1.1.2.2.2
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:51 am For point 2 castling is very flexible. King has to be in touch with deputy. Deputy cannot take the placr of the king. Deputy can protect the king first on front or back or forward. This protection may be 1 step 2 step or orthogonal. Once king is protected then king can smoothly go back to castle on any of the location as 1 step diogonal or vertical..
Now I need details of movement for this castling.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Possible king moves:

Now (b) part which is castling:

(b.1) Let say King is in e9 and AS is in e10. Castling chances are:

(b.2) Let say King is in e9 and AS is in f10. Castling chances are:

In both the situations king should be touching the deputy. Rajrishi must be present in warzone because Arthshastri is entring into new zone and it cannot enter anyzone where RajRishi is not present....
Nice that one is clearer.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Ferdy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:54 pm Nice that one is clearer.
I appreciate all the effort you're putting into untangling this variant, and now I'm hopeful.
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:04 am
I appreciate all the effort you're putting into untangling this variant, and now I'm hopeful.
Dont call this as variant. This is not an entertaining game. This is for improving skills ...
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

Anyone having simple approach to life ad karma will understand that this is not a game and has very deeper objective.,..

Since, I have shared the incomplete documents with almost all the rules covered. You can ask specific doubt or questions not covered in the document.

Dear Ovyron, please do read all the previous posts and about Bharat(India). Try to research more on historical evidences of Shatranj dated back to Mahabharat period. Come to india and travel across people who are claiming to have kept these secrets.

PROBABLY, you can find all the eviences.
•••••••••
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Ovyron wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:04 am
I like the story in this game, got my attention when I see that head priest and finance head on the board. All right we don't have a king but we do have archbishops and Minister of Finance. What really shall we say high governing officials doing in this game? How they moves on the board, how they control the board?

The purpose of castling is like temporary take over - the king goes to palace (own castling zone) and the Finance minister/Finance Adviser/Adviser/king deputy/ArthShashtri goes to war zone. But of course are you going to send your finance head into the battle in our time now? Here it is even leading the troops (I have not completely read the article and I am not in a hurry either). In FIDE chess, the king goes to the sides of the board, but in here it goes back 1 rank behind. I think that this version of castling is more reasonable than that of FIDE and some other variants that I have known.

The game/story described in this article can generate a lot if interesting variants. There is spy, it is interesting to see how this personality operates, who controls who in this game? We have some good and bad rebels on our country, I was also surprised that this board has a peace zone, and nowadays the government would call for a cease fire to enjoy the holidays with their loved one, so that the government soldiers handling the front line can go to their family and the rebels can do the same. It is interesting to see how the peace zone in this game is used? How the pieces from both sides interacts with this peace zone?
satyendrainbhopal

All questions are covered in the game. You can contunue to use how all the other officials like knight , rook and and bishops move in FIDE chess. I dont want to make it complicated

Please refer screenshots.

Arthshastri is Deputy of king and can lead the war toether with RajRishi. KING can remain in stealth and comes out only in case if is must or he hss to join the war because Rajrishi has to kove in the peace zone..

Please dont divulge into n variants
•••••••••