Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Re: Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Post by Ovyron »

@satyendrainbhopal: I have added you to my Foe list, I will no longer receive your private messages (they were flooding my inbox, deleting old messages I've received) if you want to continue discussing these issues with me, do it on this thread, that's what the forum is for.
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:22 am It was very funny joke.
As funny as your pawns changing gender :roll:

So, anyway, apparently I can uncover the rules of your game in 20 questions or less, with the power of binary search. As long as you're willing to cooperate, we can soon enough know the rules of Real Ancient Chess. To entice you to cooperate I'm going to bring up graphics and all.

I'm going to ask you a question about the game, if the answer if yes, I'll know that the premises so far about it are right, then we can move to the next question. If the answer is No, then you tell me what is wrong with the premise, and we will have learned that about the game.

This works because I'm the one spending the time building the concepts about the game to investigate if they are right, and all you need to do is answering yes or explaining where they're wrong, which should be much faster to you than having to explain the full ruleset.

Question 1:

Is Real Ancient Chess a game played in a 10x10 board, with sides White and Black, controlled each side by a player, with 20 pieces each, arranged in some way in the first 2 rows of the board, where there's a way for pieces to capture enemy pieces, with a King somewhere that needs to escape if threatened, and the objective of the game is to threaten the opponent's king in a position where it can't escape, awarding the player that does so a win?

Artist's depiction:
satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:26 am @satyendrainbhopal: I have added you to my Foe list, I will no longer receive your private messages (they were flooding my inbox, deleting old messages I've received) if you want to continue discussing these issues with me, do it on this thread, that's what the forum is for.
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:22 am It was very funny joke.
As funny as your pawns changing gender :roll:

So, anyway, apparently I can uncover the rules of your game in 20 questions or less, with the power of binary search. As long as you're willing to cooperate, we can soon enough know the rules of Real Ancient Chess. To entice you to cooperate I'm going to bring up graphics and all.

I'm going to ask you a question about the game, if the answer if yes, I'll know that the premises so far about it are right, then we can move to the next question. If the answer is No, then you tell me what is wrong with the premise, and we will have learned that about the game.

This works because I'm the one spending the time building the concepts about the game to investigate if they are right, and all you need to do is answering yes or explaining where they're wrong, which should be much faster to you than having to explain the full ruleset.

Question 1:

Is Real Ancient Chess a game played in a 10x10 board, with sides White and Black, controlled each side by a player, with 20 pieces each, arranged in some way in the first 2 rows of the board, where there's a way for pieces to capture enemy pieces, with a King somewhere that needs to escape if threatened, and the objective of the game is to threaten the opponent's king in a position where it can't escape, awarding the player that does so a win?

Artist's depiction:
My dear friend,

You should welcome the logical answers. Like you almost got good questions. I was sending private message just to avoid people reading too lengthy posts. I hardly get time these days to answer these questions. You can review the board at:

A file has been shared using Link Sharing.
https://s.amsu.ng/1FnGFeWPU9zN
(Expires: Dec 27, 2019)
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Aha! Where have I seen it before? That looks like the Rococo chess variant:

https://www.chessvariants.com/other.dir/rococo.html

Is this it?
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:31 am Aha! Where have I seen it before? That looks like the Rococo chess variant:

https://www.chessvariants.com/other.dir/rococo.html

Is this it?
Again useless diversion. You people keep fabricate the original version. Perhaps Rococo maker might have got the same half knowledge by someone in the past and the chess was modified..

This is not my brainchild and I wish if I could take my credit for it.. hahaha...

Try to understand and then ask questions. If i get time, I will try to answer. So far, you have got good R&D skills who tried atleast.
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

PLEASE REMEMBER ALL CHESS VARIANTS ARE SUBJECTED TO THE CHANGES MADE SINCR CENTURIES, TO THE REAL DHYUT SHATRANJ.
•••••••••
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

I reckon you're the only person in the world that knows this variant, if someone else did we could get in contact and ask them. It doesn't take hours to explain the rules of a game, Real Ancient Chess sounds more and more like Mornington Crescent or Stanley Random chess.

Why can't you answer a simple question like "how many pieces do players start with"? It has to be 20 for each side, or 16 for each side if the margins of the board start empty, or 30 for each side or 24 if margins are empty but players start with 3 rows. Why do you refuse to answer such a simple question?
satyendrainbhopal

Its simple dear, I can share it with in personal. By sunday. This is very simple play no complicated rules.

I know it may be others know it as well. Forget about taking credits etc.

Atleast do some research, it was based on 33 koti devtas (33 elements) and then modified some 5000 yrs back. To 24 pieces.

6 main piece types (totaling in 9) with 6 supports.
8 soldier cavalries or brigades or whatever you call
1 king
•••••••••
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:55 am Atleast do some research
Impossible, when you look it up on the Internet the only result you get is this very thread where we're talking :D

So now I'll try to make predictions about how the story will go:

A) Comes Sunday and excuses are made with reasons as to why the rules of the game will not be shared after all or they'll be shared in some future date.

OR

B) The rules are shared and people go like "oh, that variant", and they tell the name and point to a chessvariants page and maybe even there's some Zillions of game implementation and UCI engines that already play it.

OR

C) Someone like HGM will implement it in Fairy-Max or another program and it'll play at a level stronger than any human in the world

OR

D) The rules are undecipherable and we end up with some game that can't be implemented or played.

Let's see what happens, I'll be patient for now 8-)
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:00 am
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:55 am Atleast do some research
Impossible, when you look it up on the Internet the only result you get is this very thread where we're talking :D

So now I'll try to make predictions about how the story will go:

A) Comes Sunday and excuses are made with reasons as to why the rules of the game will not be shared after all or they'll be shared in some future date.

OR

B) The rules are shared and people go like "oh, that variant", and they tell the name and point to a chessvariants page and maybe even there's some Zillions of game implementation and UCI engines that already play it.

OR

C) Someone like HGM will implement it in Fairy-Max or another program and it'll play at a level stronger than any human in the world

OR

D) The rules are undecipherable and we end up with some game that can't be implemented or played.

Let's see what happens, I'll be patient for now 8-)
You are not making fun of me but getting somewhat arrogant. So dont demean anyone. Be happy wity what you play now as chess with pawns dressed as queens hahaha..

I have to check my mobile whenever I get spare time. I have to focus on other works as well which is my top priority.

I have no internet connection at home and mobile connection does not work.

You are killing my time and others.

So better play variants of chess if you like... sarcasm...
•••••••••
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:16 pm You are not making fun of me but getting somewhat arrogant.
At least I'm not claiming to know the real version of chess that has been played by millennia yet I'm the only known person that knows the rules.

By the way, people come here to read the messages of others, to discuss, and to post messages themselves, so we're not killing time, we're using the forum for what's it for.