Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Re: Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

hgm wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:04 pm I suppose you got this when you tried to attach your PDF file with the description? Then I suppose that it is not possible to attach things to postings, because it has already been done too much. I guess this is to be expected sooner or later on a busy forum. It is a forum feature with a rather short 'expiration date'.

Perhaps it helps if you complain to the board admin in the help section, but I have little hope.

Probably, I can design my own portal next year if I get sometime out of it. I checked your site also, and I can design a much better site :) if you wish to give admin control.
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma
satyendrainbhopal

Another interesting facts, Capablanca also tried to imitate the Royal Indian chess but succeeded only slightly.....

Without complete research and replay of original versions, it is not easy to copy the original version...
•••••••••
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:14 pm I got the message
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached
Just upload it anywhere on the bazillions of free file hosts/clouds and post the link here...
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Roland Chastain
Full name: Roland Chastain

Post by Roland Chastain »

This thread begins to sound like a joke. :)

@satyendrainbhopal

Please provide at least a short description of the game. What kind of pieces does it use? What kind of board? And so on.
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.
satyendrainbhopal

More I work on this project, more I get puzzled. Too much scope and too much possibilities. One can conpute the good opening but may get lost in the endless oppurtunities.

May I need someone to do PHD in it.. I think I should send the incomplete document which I have edited till now, to someone who can make it complete.

Anyone who has good mathematical and analytical expertise, please email me or skype me in personal.

Satyendrainbhopal@yahoo.com

Skype = Shuklasa
•••••••••
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:09 pm More I work on this project, more I get puzzled. Too much scope and too much possibilities. One can conpute the good opening but may get lost in the endless oppurtunities.

May I need someone to do PHD in it.. I think I should send the incomplete document which I have edited till now, to someone who can make it complete.

Anyone who has good mathematical and analytical expertise, please email me or skype me in personal.

Skype = Shuklasa
It sounds as if you don't know the 'rules' of that 'game' yourself and that it currently only exists in your mind?
How did you expect someone to program something on this non-existing basis?

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
satyendrainbhopal

Guenther wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:25 pm
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:09 pm More I work on this project, more I get puzzled. Too much scope and too much possibilities. One can conpute the good opening but may get lost in the endless oppurtunities.

Skype = Shuklasa
It sounds as if you don't know the 'rules' of that 'game' yourself and that it currently only exists in your mind?
Have you ever written a ebook so that people can understand. On this sunday that mean today itself, i sat 1 hr and added some more screenshots.

Problem is how you present your content. Rules are simple and logical. You guys simply keep on playing the non sensible part of todays chess.

Like promoting a pawn which is a male to queen.. changing its gender from female to male so that becomes partner of king... its garbage...

I have almost all the notes with me.

So If you have caliber to help, design then most welcome otherwise dont assume anything on your own.
•••••••••
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Skype = Shuklasa
Have you ever written a ebook so that people can understand. On this sunday that mean today itself, i sat 1 hr and added some more screenshots.

Problem is how you present your content. Rules are simple and logical. You guys simply keep on playing the non sensible part of todays chess.

Like promoting a pawn which is a male to queen.. changing its gender from female to male so that becomes partner of king... its garbage...

So If you have caliber to help, design then most welcome otherwise dont assume anything on your own.
Well, I don't need to assume anything, the question for me and all others visting this thread obviously is,
why didn't you prepare all this stuff before your first post here?

Now this thread looks like a kind of a soapbox opera.
Anyhow, good luck with your further preparations and merry xmas.

trollwatch:
satyendrainbhopal

Guenther wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:46 pm
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Skype = Shuklasa

Well, I don't need to assume anything, the question for me and all others visting this thread obviously is,
why didn't you prepare all this stuff before your first post here?

Now this thread looks like a kind of a soapbox opera.
Anyhow, good luck with your further preparations and merry xmas.
I am neither chess wizard and software-developer.

That is why, since my 1st post you will notice I wanted someone to simply take this as a personal project in the so that in the meanwhile I could document the basic rules.

I know once this game is known ro everyone, typhoons in Chess and IT domain will showcase their own fabricated versions...

I am normal 9 hrs of daily job and so as I expect others.
•••••••••
MTaktikos
Full name: Michael Taktikos

Post by MTaktikos »

@satyendrainbhopal:

If you have a historical variant in mind, can it be that it is known under the names of Chaturanga (2 players) or Chaturaj (4 players)?

As about Chaturanga, there exists 3 different rule-sets by Murray, Davidson and Gollon, presented at this site:
https://www.chessvariants.com/historic. ... ranga.html
Last January, I could add the first two described rule-sets (called them chaturanga1 and chaturanga2) as chess variants in Fairy Stockfish,
together with the winboard GUI they can be downloaded here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/tr6c7oji ... a.zip/file
(Simply download and unzip the file, start winboard.exe, chose as first and second engine SFChaturanga, and then go to
File/New variant where you can chose between stardard chess, chaturanga1, chaturanga2 and the Persian chess variant Shatranj.
You can play this variants against Stockfish or make an analysis of positions of these variants

Things are much more complicated, if you have a four-player-variant in mind. Then even the power of Stockfish will be overstrained, because the Alpha-Beta-algorithm cannot keep up with such a demand.