Virtual Sample Game of Real Chess Shatranj

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Re: Virtual Sample Game of Real Chess Shatranj

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

Ovyron wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:37 pm Oh, right, the file you provided contains individual images that can be uploaded so people can take a look at the game without having to download .
One more thing...

I have not disclosed Kings special rules in doc and also about some four corners which are Naglog (no mans land).. These are currently kept intentionally out of scope to avoid complexities....

Till the time..go through these moves...

ATLEAST PLEASE REVIEW THEM AND ASK QUESTIONS!!
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Just because right now there doesn't seem to be someone that is able to understand or has enough interest to implement the rules doesn't mean that there will never be someone in the future that does. But it's important to know the full ruleset before starting an implementation, because some early design decision might not work in the full ruleset.

I urge you to release the special King rules and any other rules that remain undisclosed, because the worse thing would be to end with some incomplete game.
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:12 am Just because right now there doesn't seem to be someone that is able to understand or has enough interest to implement the rules doesn't mean that there will never be someone in the future that does. But it's important to know the full ruleset before starting an implementation, because some early design decision might not work in the full ruleset.

I urge you to release the special King rules and any other rules that remain undisclosed, because the worse thing would be to end with some incomplete game.
I agree with your points but problme is that I will again have to edit the doc... document editing is the most hectic task...

The king rule is simple, it heads the royal team..King has to respect royal members...

King cannot kill Rajrishi but can repel the opponent rajrishi ( repel rajrishi and move another piece... )... the objective of king is to trap the opponent rajrishi to his own castle where rajrishi can move within castle but cannot come out of the castle...

Similarly, king can either trap arthshastri to his castle, or can kill the arthshastri.....

I am working on freepascal based prototype as not getting response for now...
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

If my health goes well and time permits me then I will upload the edited document...

As i dig deeper on the current doxument, there could be contradicting statements due to lack of proof reading...

Ferdy is busy in musketeer chess, and Shadyantra (6 system) also called Shatranj is still very far away of grasp of common people...

may be I die keeping this game within me or long after i am gone someone else will comeup with all the evidences and manuscripts; or may be someone may claim to be its inventor...
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

One more important thing... only handful people know why Knight moves in L shape.... Why L shape and any other moves by Knight...current L shape has no meaning and does not explain how it jumps or why it moves like this..

Respecting FIDEs penetration of knight move in people's mindset I have not disclosed Knights move and you people are free to play as existing L Shaped move.....

Knight and Bishop moves in classical Shatranj is unlike todays moves.....Though these classical moves are purely logical and intentional so that royal players keep this in mind when in war....

So lets focus on mixing some of the current fide moves with additional set of pieces....

I like how Vishy Anand grew up in Chess domain, but he is loosing his grip of regressive preparation of chess games based on books and calculations...
•••••••••