NADYA2.0 engine progress

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

BlueStar
Full name: Craig Hoibakk

Re: NADYA2.0 engine progress

Post by BlueStar »

I wanted to give an update on NADYA2.0 since it has been a while since the last, and version 2 has been "complete" since November. It has its own full chess GUI (console mode), with clocks, etc. It has its own book opening module, pondering, and supports the xboard interface (I currently use Arena).

I developed a design for NADYA3.0 that considers the structural things I’ve learned from version 2, although version 3 will use many of the components of NADYA2.

NADYA2.0 was originally designed to play humans. But over the last year, I have developed such a passion for this, that NADYA3.0 is designed specifically to compete against other engines.

NAYDA2 will be used for experimental research on things like end-game play, board evaluation, better move sorting, and additional search enhancements. Hopefully this will help improve the NADYA3 implementation w/o experimenting on a new baseline.

Version 3 was started in December, and will feature parallel search, add UCI support, as well as continue to maintain its own standalone GUI (although graphical this time). I like the idea that NADYA is both a chess engine, but also a complete standalone application.
mvanthoor
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Post by mvanthoor »

Congratulations :)

I remember you wanted to play Nadya 2 against Rustic.

Rustic Alpha 1 (maybe I should rename it to Rustic Featureless 1 :lol: ) has basically been finished. ELO rating should be somewhere around CCRL Blitz 1650. I'm now in the process of adding XBoard support next to the UCI support it already has, but that won't have any impact on the chess engine. (Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to work on this in the last few weeks.) Then I'll start writing the book/tutorial, and add new features.

If you tell me what CPU you're going to run the engine on, I can provide you a compiled version. (source: https://github.com/mvanthoor/rustic )

Could you provide me a compiled version of Nadya 2? My CPU is an i7-6700K, Skylake. (I have nothing older than 6-th gen Skylake CPU's in general use right now, even though I have a 2008 vintage C2D Penryn laptop lying around.)
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL
shinkarom
Full name: Roman Shynkarenko

Post by shinkarom »

Mmm.... An engine in PROLOG. That's something you don't see every day.